Charlotte Tilbury Makeup...

maeonsaturday

Hi, I've been wanting to order the Light Wonder foundation. I'm a Mac NC 30, and the last time I chatted with a BG representative she told me I would match 5 Medium, but I wanted to make sure anyway.

For reference, in other foundations/TM I am:
Armani Luminous Silk - 5.5
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua - 20 Beige
YSL Youth Liberator - B30
Chantecaille TM - Nude
Laura Merceier Oil Free TM - Bisque
Jouer Matte Moisture Tint - Nude

Thank you!
We are the same shade for YSL and Chanel. For Armani I use 5.

My Light Wonder is a 4 and a perfect match. I've never tried other shades.

maeonsaturday

No, I do it her way. Curl, eyeshadow/eyeliner, then mascara. Whenever I try to curl my lashes after putting anything on my lids, it usually messes up the line or eyeshadow or whatever. So I just curl before and hope for the best. But I can see this being the outlier not the norm.
Do the curled lashes not get in the way when you apply eyeshadow though?

I'd like to try but I see it getting in the way. :-/

ashievic

I finally got the CT eyeliner, not friendly for hooded eyes. It transfers gobs on the fat that hangs over my lid. The USPS stuff the box into the mail box. Had to use a knife to stab the box and pull it out. I am sure the neighbors thought I was more crazy then they thought I already was.....The quad was suppose to come yesterday, but USPS decided no mail would be delivered in the part of town where I live. This is quite common, only here would this be OK.

I ordered from BG, and it is taking forever with the Dumb Post. Then the girlfriend I was suppose to go to the spa with got stung by a scorpion. So making the trek not much fun.

Rasbury

Do the curled lashes not get in the way when you apply eyeshadow though?

I'd like to try but I see it getting in the way. :-/
Not eyeshadow, sometimes really wet liquid eyeliner can get on them but it's usually black so not a big deal. Maybe I just have shorter eyelashes than most people or something, because I never feel like they're in the way - and I usually use 3-4 colors a day/look. I used to always do it the other way but I was always messing up my cat eye flick with the curlers. Who knows...

I wonder if CT will do any sort of holiday sale? There's quite a bit that I'd like to get but I'm trying to budget already for the holidays too. Luckily it seems like most things I like are permanent, though most of her limited edition things seem to stick around for a while - which is nice (looking at you MAC).

Monsy

I can not imagine curling lashes before applying eyeshadows and everything else. by the time i get to mascara they would fall i am sure. curling after DOES NOT ruin eyeshadows or eyeliners unless your lids are oil slick and you do not use primer/ longwering eyeliner. also you do not need to press curler hard against the lid so there is no worries that it will ruin anything

Rasbury

I can not imagine curling lashes before applying eyeshadows and everything else. by the time i get to mascara they would fall i am sure. curling after DOES NOT ruin eyeshadows or eyeliners unless your lids are oil slick and you do not use primer/ longwering eyeliner. also you do not need to press curler hard against the lid so there is no worries that it will ruin anything
Yeah, I guess it's just a personal quirk that I like it this way and have done it for years. That's why I like make up - everyone can do their own thing and all look great.

ashievic

I am still waiting for my order of CT quad from BG. Dumb Post has changed my thinking of purchasing online. Ordered around 10/1, and still not here, ugh.

Ingenue

NOT a fan of the Mini Miracle Eye wand. The highlight is patchy and dries funky. She needs to just promote the really good products in her rundown and stop trying to saturate the market with all the new crap like MAC. It's a bit much. The retoucher is SO much better. Just like her original foundation is head and shoulders above the Magic stuff.

Too much too soon. I need Charlotte to calm down.

mkoparanova

NOT a fan of the Mini Miracle Eye wand. The highlight is patchy and dries funky. She needs to just promote the really good products in her rundown and stop trying to saturate the market with all the new crap like MAC. It's a bit much. The retoucher is SO much better. Just like her original foundation is head and shoulders above the Magic stuff.

Too much too soon. I need Charlotte to calm down.
What did you not like about the foundation? For me, it's probably the best I've ever tried.

Ingenue

The finish isn't natural and effortless like the first foundation. This one is nearly 'masky' on me, like the new NARS one (which I also strongly dislike). It looks like I have a heavy foundation on, and I'm not a big fan of cake face. I tried using just a little bit, and I still get the same flat finish. Not a fan at all. I much prefer the original foundation.

ashievic

The finish isn't natural and effortless like the first foundation. This one is nearly 'masky' on me, like the new NARS one (which I also strongly dislike). It looks like I have a heavy foundation on, and I'm not a big fan of cake face. I tried using just a little bit, and I still get the same flat finish. Not a fan at all. I much prefer the original foundation.
Have you tried a sample of the Armani Creama Nero or something like that. It goes for 200.00, but I love it. I use an Artis brush to smooth out, the use the Armani Maestro concealer for any imperfections and as a primer for my eyelids. Before you choke on the price. Remember, with this you do not need to use a primer or a moisturizer. Since it has all that in it. I rarely wear anything else. It gives a natural looking yet flawless finish. Any store can give you a good size sample in the shades. I wear #2 in both. I am between NW10-15. Pale Pink Casper.....

Monsy

the all day luminous?
for me that's is one of the lightest formulas i have ever tried. it literally feels like nothing on skin

mkoparanova

I usually wear medium/full coverage foundations, so I love this one. I apply it with a damp beauty blender or a brush sprayed with Fix+ - it makes my skin flawless (which it is not) and it doesn't look cakey at all. It's created for skins with imperfections, if you don't have any/many, it's normal to prefer the Light wonder.

ashievic

The Muse quad finally got here today. I ordered the Violet fat pencil from Spring. Since they seem to the only ones who have it.

Ingenue

Have you tried a sample of the Armani Creama Nero or something like that. It goes for 200.00, but I love it. I use an Artis brush to smooth out, the use the Armani Maestro concealer for any imperfections and as a primer for my eyelids. Before you choke on the price. Remember, with this you do not need to use a primer or a moisturizer. Since it has all that in it. I rarely wear anything else. It gives a natural looking yet flawless finish. Any store can give you a good size sample in the shades. I wear #2 in both. I am between NW10-15. Pale Pink Casper.....
Hi Ashievic! Sorry for the late response. I don't mess with Armani skin care ever. Too many chemicals, too little payoff. Even the reps admit that the company's skin care line is kind of a no go unless you've got teflon skin and don't really react to certain synthetics. I gave away every sample of Crema Nera I've ever gotten. You won't find me anywhere near Charlotte's Magic Cream either (price doesn't justify the ingredients). If I'm ever going to drop major coin on something outside of my own skin care line, it would be for Glycelene or Sisley because both are proven to work on my particular skin, but that's about it.

Mkoparanova, it's true that I prefer a lighter touch with foundations in terms of finish and coverage. I haven't worn full coverage foundations in ages. I think I'm at a stage when I'm more interested in people seeing my actual face, not makeup on my face. I spend a whole lot of time and energy on skin care (I have oily/adult acne/anti aging issues) so I don't have to really worry about coverage. It's much more important that my skin be intact and require as little coverage as possible. Like I said, I think I'm just at that stage in my particular life. Not that there's anything wrong with someone wanting a full coverage deal... it's just not for me.

Ingenue

the all day luminous?
for me that's is one of the lightest formulas i have ever tried. it literally feels like nothing on skin
Yeah. I don't like that at all. The finish is very flat. The most 'weightless' formula in that family is the YSL one (even lighter than Maestro and with better color selection), which is full of some cucumber-smelling perfume and some chemical that doesn't agree with a lot of people. But if I had to choose one for weightlessness and coverage, that would be it.

The only base I love from NARS is the Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. Still hands down one of their best formulations IMO. They tend to phone it in on certain things, like mascara (every one is horrid. Someone should be fired for Audacious). I feel like it took them a hot mess and forever to really get the base perfect, like they did with RTM. I wasn't a fan of Sheer Glow or Sheer Matte either in terms of performance. I tend put a lot of these formulas through the paces in real and fake (photography/video) life, which might also explain why I'm so hard on brands in terms of performance.

Monsy

The only base I love from NARS is the Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. Still hands down one of their best formulations IMO.
yes completely agree with this!
pompom.gif

mkoparanova

Hi Ashievic! Sorry for the late response. I don't mess with Armani skin care ever. Too many chemicals, too little payoff. Even the reps admit that the company's skin care line is kind of a no go unless you've got teflon skin and don't really react to certain synthetics. I gave away every sample of Crema Nera I've ever gotten. You won't find me anywhere near Charlotte's Magic Cream either (price doesn't justify the ingredients). If I'm ever going to drop major coin on something outside of my own skin care line, it would be for Glycelene or Sisley because both are proven to work on my particular skin, but that's about it.

Mkoparanova, it's true that I prefer a lighter touch with foundations in terms of finish and coverage. I haven't worn full coverage foundations in ages. I think I'm at a stage when I'm more interested in people seeing my actual face, not makeup on my face. I spend a whole lot of time and energy on skin care (I have oily/adult acne/anti aging issues) so I don't have to really worry about coverage. It's much more important that my skin be intact and require as little coverage as possible. Like I said, I think I'm just at that stage in my particular life. Not that there's anything wrong with someone wanting a full coverage deal... it's just not for me.
I completely agree that skin care is more important! I had pretty bad acne in my teen years and I'm still dealing with the damage left from my horrible habit to pick my skin
ohboy.gif
I still breakout when I just smell chocolate or something greasy. It's great that there are so many different foundations on the market and they can satisfy everyone's needs and wants!