Christopher Kane for NARS

Kary9999

I ordered 7 items from the collection. Love em all but I still want nucleus gloss and silent nude blush. I am hesitant with silent nude though, do you gals think it would show up on nc25-nc30 skin?

elegant-one

If Monsy wouldn't get her packages stolen, we might know about Silent Nude blush
ohboy.gif

I was wondering how close Silent Nude is to Mac's Next to Skin blush.

hitchcockblonde

If Monsy wouldn't get her packages stolen, we might know about Silent Nude blush
ohboy.gif

I was wondering how close Silent Nude is to Mac's Next to Skin blush.
Oh I have both of those! I can swatch them tomorrow when the sun comes out. Although I can tell you right now just looking at them in the pan that they are totally different. Next to Skin is more grey. Silent Nude was just okay to me. It really isn't that pigmented but it isn't too hard to build up although I am paler so I don't know how it would be on darker skin tones. In my swatch I had to build it up with like 3 swipes on my arm and on my face it took even more building. But if you're looking for subtle than it works. I'm going to try it different ways and with different blushes and see how it goes.

Oh and I tried Quantum tonight and I love it! The perfect subtle magenta blush. I found it blended really smoothly and easily when I put it on before my foundation set. It had just as much pigment after my foundation set but it didn't blend as well. Both multiples are sheer but that is the usual nature of multiples. VA is definitely meant as just a highlight but Quantum makes a great blush.

hitchcockblonde

We don't have a Nordstrom here. But I go home for a week or so and that mall back home has everything I could desire.
girlhaha.gif
So I guess I can get it from there if I want.

I swatched the duo and single. I definitely want the single. I'm in love with the non-purple shade of the duo... but the purple is just okay to me. I don't know how I'd use it-- and that's coming from someone who LOVES sparkle and purples! The glosses are too sheer for me, and the nude blush doesn't show up on my fair skin, even with multiple swatches.
The single is gorgeous! And I have the duo but I agree with you. The first shade is an amazing duochrome but the purple is more plain. Well as plain as something loaded with glitter can be lol. I love the glosses though. Maybe try Mezmer on the lips? They are easy to build up (well not the milky one) and they leave a nice pink stain. Or maybe I'm just in love with them because for once I'm trying a gloss that is hydrating and actually doesn't feel sticky at all.

elegant-one

Oh I have both of those! I can swatch them tomorrow when the sun comes out. Although I can tell you right now just looking at them in the pan that they are totally different. Next to Skin is more grey. Silent Nude was just okay to me. It really isn't that pigmented but it isn't too hard to build up although I am paler so I don't know how it would be on darker skin tones. In my swatch I had to build it up with like 3 swipes on my arm and on my face it took even more building. But if you're looking for subtle than it works. I'm going to try it different ways and with different blushes and see how it goes.

Oh and I tried Quantum tonight and I love it! The perfect subtle magenta blush. I found it blended really smoothly and easily when I put it on before my foundation set. It had just as much pigment after my foundation set but it didn't blend as well. Both multiples are sheer but that is the usual nature of multiples. VA is definitely meant as just a highlight but Quantum makes a great blush.
Awesome - thanks so much for the helpful info dear!

I am SO happy to read that about Quantum. I fell in love with it at first glance. I will pass on Silent Nude.

Icecaramellatte

Back from my makeover. The MAs put new brown shadow pencil stick on my lid and tapped the sparkly single shadow on top. Green liner on the water line and smudged underneath. St. Paul duo mixed as transition. Mekong and Malacca were used as well but I'm not sure how. Maybe Mekong in the outer V. I was thinking Malacca was smudged under the eye because I always think of it as green but it may have been used in the crease. I'm iffy on that. Don't recall highlight color. A dual intensity shadow was put in the inner corner. I'm thinking it was Europa but I have to check on that. It was pinkish. They used the bright pink dual intensity blush mixed on cheeks and the contour duo mixed again (I think the darkest one they sell) and I picked the coral gloss to wear. I really liked the look. I don't really do the colored liner on the lower eye. I used black a few times years ago on the lower lash line and just felt I looked like a street walker and never tried again. I want to try the colored liner and buy them with that intention but always chicken out and just do it on the outer corner of the lower lash line. I did that earlier this week with the Chanel purple liner. The MA mentioned black might be too harsh and the importance of smudging. The MA thought the colored liner would be too much (it was the National Artist idea) and was surprised I went for it but I really liked it and it doesn't look over the top at all.

My haul:
-primer MA suggested mixing it with the luminous foundation after I mentioned some hesitancy I'd been having in using it
-a darker concealer - MA mixed a darker one and the one I usually wear and I liked it better too
-powder
-single eyeshadow
-duo eyeshadow
-pink gloss
-coral gloss

I'm starting to feel like I should have bought the pink blush and multiple. I hestitated on the blush because I have pink blush but the more that I think about it, I don't have that color in a matte. Actually, I don't really buy matte blushes at all but maybe I should try some. It is a matte finish right? Oh I may have to call tomorrow. I'm going to go through my stash first. I didn't see the violet multiple and I'm not sure it would have worked on me anyway. I will check it out next time. If it's still there.

Ernie

:eyelove: I must get the es duo too!!! What a gorgeous collection! Thanks for the beautiful pics & swatches friend
You are welcome! I got Outer Limits today, gorgeous. I tries to take better pictures but it's hard to get all the different nuances in these shadows. Here are a few more pictures of the single and duo shadows. I really love this collection, Nars does not disappoint.

Ernie

I ordered 7 items from the collection. Love em all but I still want nucleus gloss and silent nude blush. I am hesitant with silent nude though, do you gals think it would show up on nc25-nc30 skin?
I'd go and see it in person. On me, I'm very fair,it's good as a blush or contour. I posted pictures earlier.

Ernie

Back from my makeover.  The MAs put new brown shadow pencil stick on my lid and tapped the sparkly single shadow on top. Green liner on the water line and smudged underneath.  St. Paul duo mixed as transition. Mekong and Malacca were used as well but I'm not sure how.  Maybe Mekong in the outer V.  I was thinking Malacca was smudged under the eye because I always think of it as green but it may have been used in the crease.  I'm iffy on that.  Don't recall highlight color.  A dual intensity shadow was put in the inner corner.  I'm thinking it was Europa but I have to check on that.  It was pinkish.  They used the bright pink dual intensity blush mixed on cheeks and the contour duo mixed again (I think the darkest one they sell) and I picked the coral gloss to wear.  I really liked the look.  I don't really do the colored liner on the lower eye.  I used black a few times years ago on the lower lash line and just felt I looked like a street walker and never tried again.  I want to try the colored liner and buy them with that intention but always chicken out and just do it on the outer corner of the lower lash line.  I did that earlier this week with the Chanel purple liner.  The MA mentioned black might be too harsh and the importance of smudging.  The MA thought the colored liner would be too much (it was the National Artist idea) and was surprised I went for it but I really liked it and it doesn't look over the top at all.   My haul: -primer MA suggested mixing it with the luminous foundation after I mentioned some hesitancy I'd been having in using it -a darker concealer - MA mixed a darker one and the one I usually wear and I liked it better too -powder -single eyeshadow -duo eyeshadow -pink gloss -coral gloss I'm starting to feel like I should have bought the pink blush and multiple.  I hestitated on the blush because I have pink blush but the more that I think about it, I don't have that color in a matte.  Actually, I don't really buy matte blushes at all but maybe I should try some.  It is a matte finish right?  Oh I may have to call tomorrow.  I'm going to go through my stash first.  I didn't see the violet multiple and I'm not sure it would have worked on me anyway.  I will check it out next time. If it's still there.
Sounds like a pretty look! So many products were used. The pink blush is matte.

samanthadee1688

You are welcome! I got Outer Limits today, gorgeous. I tries to take better pictures but it's hard to get all the different nuances in these shadows. Here are a few more pictures of the single and duo shadows. I really love this collection, Nars does not disappoint.
Whhhhyyyy????? Its so prettyyyyyy :( I had convinced myself I wasn't going to get this :(

Icecaramellatte

Sounds like a pretty look! So many products were used. The pink blush is matte.
They just used the brown shadow stick and outer limits for the daytime look but added the other stuff for the nighttime look. But I would have worn the look anytime.

Vineetha

Oh my!!! Thanks you!! It's gorgeous!!! :eyelove:

laurennnxox

You know, this single will probably look stunning patted over UD's new single eyeshadow, Fireball. It's a peachy/pink shifting shadow.

Anyway, the SA called me this morning saying they put out the stock. We're in a tornado warning so I'm not sure I'll make it out today. But I can't wait to pick it up! I'll try the glosses on the lips though! Maybe my mind will change about them. I love the pink packaging.

Ernie

You know, this single will probably look stunning patted over UD's new single eyeshadow, Fireball. It's a peachy/pink shifting shadow.  Anyway, the SA called me this morning saying they put out the stock. We're in a tornado warning so I'm not sure I'll make it out today. But I can't wait to pick it up! I'll try the glosses on the lips though! Maybe my mind will change about them. I love the pink packaging. 
yes, and I just ordered fireball!