Clarisonic Skincare Brush

pinkieyardbird

Clarisonic Mia or the Original?

HI Ladies,

I'm trying to decide if I need to splerge for the Original Clarisonic or is the Mia good enough?

th_dunno.gif

Any advice/recommendations about the Clarisonic woud be greatly appreciated!

elb154

Re: Clarisonic Mia or the Original?

I just got the clarisonic mia from KeepYoungForever.com and love it. It is a good size...I think (not positive) that the brush head is the same size. Right now they have a coupon code for 20% off at the top of the web page. I go it here because Ulta was out of stock and it was more expensive at Sephora. Not sure where you live but mine qualified for free shipping and I got it from FedEx in a week.

kimmae17

so last night i was watching tv, and i hear this weird vibrating sound. from afar i thought it was my neighbors vacuum. it was my clarisonic! it was on and wouldnt turn off! no matter what i did! i eventually wrapped it in a towel and over night it finally died. has this happened to anyone else!?

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkieyardbird
HI Ladies,

I'm trying to decide if I need to splerge for the Original Clarisonic or is the Mia good enough?

th_dunno.gif

Any advice/recommendations about the Clarisonic woud be greatly appreciated!

the mia should be good enough plus It's convenient for travel, and the charger isn't as big as the original.

lenchen

Today, I lucked out at my spa. I got an older model (2008 ) pro 3 speed (for the face and body )clarisonic for $75! that's almost 80% off! it turns out they were getting rid of the model I bought for the new 4 speed pro clarisonic..

elb154

Re: Clarisonic...Anyone Used This???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiramisu
bumping this up b/c it appears my beloved Clarisonic had gotten a bad rep... LOL
I happen to loooove my clarisonic-- it is totally worth the mildly ridiculous price tag IMO!!
At least for me... I have combination skin (slightly oily in the T-zone)and this has SAVED me from any yucky pore issues.
th_DANCE.gif
..it comes so close to a facial that the thing pays for itself after a week of regular use or so.

I use the sensitive brush head and afterwards my skin feels, and looks, very fresh and clean, pores clean...without irritation. I don't know about the 6x more makeup removal claim, because I use a makeup remover beforehand and I really only care about the fact that it keeps my face clear and healthy looking.

I personally think that the size of the brush head itself is not an issue, b/c you don't do much other than run the brush in small circular motions over your face--the brush does all the work and gets in all the "tight corners" on it's own... never had a problem manuevering around the nose and avoiding my eyes.
th_dunno.gif

I personally don't like the cleanser that Clarisonic has... I just use it with a regular drugstore cleanser and it works fabulously.

I highlyrecommend this device!!!
th_thstars.gif

This post here says everything that I think about the Clarisonic. I love it. My skin looks so much clearer, healthier, and smoother. I have no problems getting in tight corners like beside my nose where I need it the most. I also have tested with and without makeup and it does an amazing job removing makeup. I would still recommend taking off as much as you can first but it will catch whatever you miss. --I have the Clarisonic Mia.

blusherie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenchen
the mia should be good enough plus It's convenient for travel, and the charger isn't as big as the original.

Thanks! I was wondering if it was really worth the extra money to get the full size Clarisonic with the extra features, but I guess owning any Clarisonic is better than washing with my hands! I saw that QVC was having a sale on the Mia, but I couldn't get myself to splurge on it last night, especially since I have not ordered from QVC before. If anyone loves their Mia, please let me know why! TIA

moonlit

I just got the clarisonic pro.. IT was soooo expensive
ssad.gif

I have acne - just the harmonal thing.. and I used the clarisonic on my face and I already feel the difference..

the bristles are soft and the clarisonic isnt heavy to hold.

I think its worth the money. I got a body brush as well and I used it on my body last night and I love it.

I live in India and the universal voltage craddle is a good thing

vintageroses

Oooooooooh okays! I'm am contemplating if i should get one! I've heard nothing but good reviews! I might get it but i'm not too sure where i can get it in Australia (unless i order it online). I might just wait till i return to Singapore in August since we have Sephora there!
smiles.gif

jrose614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayteuk
I really really want to get one, but I just cant part with over $200 right now
ssad.gif

I you use bing.com cashback, sephora is offering 20% back on any puchase. I di this ALL the time and it really works! Hurry before ot goes down to 10%. Plus, if you're VIB, there are coes out there for 10% off... I got an awesome deal on my clarisonic and it was worth VERY penny.

JamaicanDiva2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose614
I you use bing.com cashback, sephora is offering 20% back on any puchase. I di this ALL the time and it really works! Hurry before ot goes down to 10%. Plus, if you're VIB, there are coes out there for 10% off... I got an awesome deal on my clarisonic and it was worth VERY penny.

What is VIB? TIA!

CandeeNova

Re: Clarisonic...Anyone Used This???

great review, thank you. i've been thinking of buying one too. i'm ready to try just about anything. i hate having adult acne :-(

marusia

OMG, so let me tell you about this brush.

I went to the Estee Lauder counter for a skincare makeover about 7 months ago. I'd always heard that EL had the best moisturizers. My face...geez. It's SO DRY. Literally, you can rub your hand across my forehead and it would "snow"...AFTER moisturizing!! It was a nightmare. The woman giving me the makeover was in shock. She recommended me the Clarisonic. I looked at the $195 price tag and thought she was crazy!

The idea kept in my mind though, and when I went home, I went on ebay. I found a brand new full size breast cancer edition (it's pink-yay!) clarisonic brush for $120. I had to bite.

After I got it home and tried it, I was instantly sold! I...can't recommend this product enough! My skin is so smooth now, and that's before even putting on any skincare. I would definitely recommend this brush to EVERYONE! I'd also recommend looking on ebay first and saving yourself some serious cash. LOL

marusia

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I don't use the cleansers that came with it. I use Lancome Confort Mousse.

If anyone has a clarisonic and wants all three cleaners, I'll send them to you for the cost of shipping. (Like $2-they are worth 75 dollars combined)

mtrimier

I love my Clarisonic Mia (in blue, tee hee!)! It makes my skin feel and look great, and I find that I use less product to both clean and treat my face (moisturizers/treatments). I did switch to the "Delicate" brush head after a bit, though. The normal one felt too hard core for me, the sensitive was still scratchy, but the delicate was my Goldilocks moment. lol!

I opted for Mia over the regular one, just because I don't have space for chargers, like the option to travel with it, and have small hands. It just seemed to "fit" me better than the regular one.

As far as the cleansers, they were ok. Nothing I'd buy a full size of, though. I usually use Philosophy's Purity or Target's face cleaner, and it works well with the microdelivery scrub as well for when i feel like i need a little extra scrubbin'.

JamaicanDiva2

Aspen Leaf Spa has them for 25% off this week thru tm (Sat. June 5th) so I will probably bite the bullet & order one b/c this brings the total down to $111.75 w/ free shipping & no tax! I have heard so many good things...I really cant resist any longer! lol

vivaXglamlove

Quick Question:
Should I get the Mia since I'm in college and that would be easier to use in the bathroom or should I just get the original size?

kimmae17

I have the original and i got it over two years ago. I used it constantly and i LOVE it. i also used the body attachment. it was sooo worth the money! i got mine on ebay for around $150

Latest posts