Clarisonic Skincare Brush

marusia

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaXglamlove
Quick Question:
Should I get the Mia since I'm in college and that would be easier to use in the bathroom or should I just get the original size?

I'm not sure how much smaller a MIA is, but my regular sized Clarisonic fits fine on my bathroom countertop. It takes up about as much room as my sonicare toothbrush. Also, you can just leave it in your bedroom on the charger. I only have to charge mine about once a week.
smiles.gif

wetwater

Anyone have the YELLOW clarisonic mia? (picture request)

I didn't know whether or not to put this in the clarisonic thread, but I'm just looking for a picture of the yellow mia if anyone has one. I'm trying to decide if I should get the yellow or white and I've only seen the promo pics for the yellow, and I don't know how true to color those are.

So....any help?

effboysinthebut

Re: Anyone have the YELLOW clarisonic mia? (picture request)

I have the original white one, and if you wear a lot of makeup you might as well go with Yellow because it will turn colors. I'm waiting to get the grey one cause the white one looks gross. So unless you want to clean the makeup of well all the time, go with something other than white.

vivaXglamlove

So I got the Clarisonic Mia in Pink from Aspen Leaf Spa for 25% off!
I have oily, somewhat sensitive, very acne prone skin and my skin is already showing improvements after only a week!
I am so happy with it and worth the money!

ninaxmac

Re: Anyone have the YELLOW clarisonic mia? (picture request)

^ Totally agree. I never thought about it ever getting dirty, but I purchased mine when the only color was white.

naturallyfab

Clarisonic?

Hey guys! I just wanted to know if any of you guys have tried the Clarisonic, is it worth it, and should I get the plus or the mia? lol a lot of questions, but I just want to know if it's worth the dent in the wallet
th_dunno.gif

PoshCupcake

For those that want a place to put it in the shower - I understand. I can keep mine in the shower for about a week, before it needs charging. However, the idea of just laying it in the shower is kind of gross, considering all the other products that could come into contact with the head.

I purchased a little clear bin from Target that has suction cups on it that I stick to my shower wall up above the shower head and keep it tucked up there. I have the full size and now the MIA and they both fit in there.

Hope this helps someone!

everglot

Re: Clarisonic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallyfab
Hey guys! I just wanted to know if any of you guys have tried the Clarisonic, is it worth it, and should I get the plus or the mia? lol a lot of questions, but I just want to know if it's worth the dent in the wallet
th_dunno.gif

I, personally, love my Clarisonic. Since it's basically opening and closing your pores when you use it on your skin, it helps me clear out blackheads and whiteheads on my nose and chin. I know this is really gross but after I wash my face and everything, I'll go in and use a blackhead/whitehead extractor every now and then to clean them out and so much gunk comes it. Like I said, it's gross but helps my skin feel and look better.

As far as which you should get, I think that's totally up to you. The regular Clarisonic has a brush head that you can use on your body if you'd like and also has different settings. You can change the speed at which your brush moves, it has a timer and beeps when you need to move your brush from say your forehead to your nose/chin area which you can also change. As far as the Mia, it's smaller I believe but doesn't have a timer (it does, however, shut off after a minute) and I don't think you can use the body brush on it.

Aurora~*

things like this seem a little....unnecessary to me..... I mean if you have trouble cleaning your face, maybe. but $200! it's a lot of money for something you can do with your hands
winks.gif

Mygreatlove

Would the Clarisonic be too much for someone who doesn't really have problem skin? I hardly ever get any breakouts,but I do get some breakouts if I do too much to my skin. i.e. washing it, masks, creams, etc. I normally just take off my makeup and put on a light moisturizer and do a scrub once or twice a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygreatlove
Would the Clarisonic be too much for someone who doesn't really have problem skin? I hardly ever get any breakouts,but I do get some breakouts if I do too much to my skin. i.e. washing it, masks, creams, etc. I normally just take off my makeup and put on a light moisturizer and do a scrub once or twice a week.

The Clarisonic would probaly help your skin look and feel extra smooth if you use it along with ur current routine, I don't think it would cause breakouts. Since your skin is already doing good I wouldn't change any of the products ur using, you'd probaly love it!

kittykit

Am looking to buy Clarisonic Mia on eBay. Does anyone have a good ebay seller that you would recommend?

TIA
winks.gif

nychick1384

Best cleanser to use with the Clarisonic?

I am a new Clarisonic user
eyelove.gif
and I absolutely love it! I haven't found just the right cleanser to use with it yet. I have slightly acne prone, combination skin. The cleanser I'm using now has been causing dryness so I'm thinking I need something a little bit gentler. Can anyone recommend a good cleanser to use with the Clarisonic that won't cause breakouts or dryness?

Oh, and if you have any recommendations for a moisturizer that would be great, too. I've been bouncing around trying new ones for the last year and I have yet to absolutely fall in love with one yet.

mtrimier

I like Philosophy's "Purity Made Simple" and Fresh's "Soy Face Cleaner"; but even regular or generic Cetaphil works just as well for me with my Mia. I would like to try it with my Shu Uemura clensing oil, but am being lazy at the moment. :p

I use the delicate brush head, though, and have similar combo/slightly acne prone skin. I found the "normal" and the "sensitive" were too rough on my face and left it feeling stripped.

liba

I just got one too. I specifically asked what problems I could get if I used it too long, too often, too high a speed or pressing into my face too hard. Dryness and redness are the main results if you do any of these things.
Maybe go a little lighter with it, or only use it in the morning, instead of twice a day.

You can use any cleanser you want. Cream or balm style cleansers, just apply all over your face then use the moistened Clairsonic. I suppose you could do the same thing with gel cleansers, but I just asked about cream ones, since that's what I use for my skin type. I bet there's a hotline you can call to discuss all of this with a Clairsonic representative.

kittykit

I've acne prone and combination skin type too. I've been using Cetaphil even before I got my Mia. Please remember you may breakout when you first using Clarisonic. It happened to me on week #1. I use it twice a day unless I'm using a face scrub on the particular day.

For moisturisers, I use Eucerin AQUAporin Active Moisturising Cream SPF15 for the day and La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Riche for the night.

LionQueen

things like this seem a little....unnecessary to me..... I mean if you have trouble cleaning your face, maybe. but $200! it's a lot of money for something you can do with your hands
winks.gif
You're able to to move the brush back and forth 300 times a second with your hands?

I got my Clarisonic the day after Christmas, and it's only been 11 days but my skin looks SO much better. In the last few years my skin has gotten a bit dry - at the same time, I've been having persistent breakouts along my jawline - SO irritating, espeially when the rest of my face is usually clear. I had a Sephora gift card from my Mom (xmas present) and so after doing some research online I decided to just get it. The first time I used it my skin felt SO soft afterwards, and so clean. My moisturizer also seemed to soak in better. After three days, the spots I had on my jawline started to go away, and the tone of my skin improved dramatically. The pores on my nose and cheeks are about 1/3 the size the were, and are pretty much invisible now. My makeup glides on super easy, I have no more dry skin on my face, and like I mentioned, those breakouts on my jawline that I could never get rid of, are now pretty much gone. I have one small one left but it's going away, and a few places where the skin is red from the old spots, but if it keeps going like this, in another couple weeks my whole face will be completely clear.

I'm not a fan of the Clarisonic cleansers that come with the brush - I've been using a Clarins creme cleanser with it instead. I'm using the sensitive brush head but I've ordered the normal one to try it out.

Would I recommend it? Abso-frickin-loutely. It's made a huge difference to my skin - even my boyfriend noticed and commented. It's quick and easy, too. I know it's a high price tag, but I honestly feel it's worth every penny. If it broke tomorrow (and Clarisonic couldn't fix it), I'd buy another this weekend - that's how much I love it :)

Hilde

Finally I bought this and it's on its way to my mailbox *follows tracking number intensely*

What brush heads have you tried? I know it comes with the sensitive brush head, but I'm considering getting the delicate as well. Any experiences on the different brush heads?

Also, I have the philosophy purity cleanser, has any of you tried it with the clarisonic?

yasmin1983

Ugh I really really really want one now. I think this will help tremendously with my skin. I just dont want to pay the price lol

Latest posts