Knope2012

After looking at swatches of Stardust from last year, I've updated my list:

Accent
Moon Light- Maybe, I love my other Chanel powder
Initiation
La Précieuse
La Désirée

ALivingDoll

I've been looking all over the net trying to find at least one swatch of anything from this collection and no luck. It would make things a whole lot easier to decide if there was.

Miss QQ

I think the risk for them using the same model- Chanel or Guerlain (or anyone for that matter), is that the pictures and by extension the products start to look a bit the same. Yes, the models are beautiful and the photos are tweaked to perfection, but sometimes you need something new and different to make people notice. Although their marketing is clearly different, I like how Illamasqua frequently uses the same group of models, which allows for a sense of recognition, but still means you see a different face from one season to the next.
That is how I feel, and it's a shame because I'm starting to feel tired of the new collections instead of excitement whenever I see the promo pic. I feel like I already have the products, but then maybe I have too much makeup.

Winthrop44

Me too Miss QQ, I haven't been excited about a collection for awhile. Oh well, better for my wallet anyway!

MACina

I am impatiently waiting for swatches
sigh.gif

The collection will be released in the US tomorrow and we haven' t seen any swatches or at least "real" products pics yet
eeksign.gif

mac_aiken

I am impatiently waiting for swatches
sigh.gif

The collection will be released in the US tomorrow and we haven' t seen any swatches or at least "real" products pics yet
eeksign.gif
If it is it will probably only be on the Chanel website. Talked to associates at 2 different Nordstrom locations here who state they have been told they will release it on 10/28. Of course, that could (and very well might) change.

LiliV

I am impatiently waiting for swatches :sigh: The collection will be released in the US tomorrow and we haven' t seen any swatches or at least "real" products pics yet :eek:
Is it really out tomorrow already? Wow!

Teger

The ship date is when it ships from Chanel to retailers. It can take anywhere from 1-3 weeks from there.

MACina

If it is it will probably only be on the Chanel website. Talked to associates at 2 different Nordstrom locations here who state they have been told they will release it on 10/28. Of course, that could (and very well might) change.

Quote: Originally Posted by Teger

The ship date is when it ships from Chanel to retailers. It can take anywhere from 1-3 weeks from there.

Oh, I see.I didn' know that.Thank you!

ALivingDoll

K now i'm confused. Will it be on Chanel.com tomorrow for purchase or is 9/16 only when it ships out to retailers?

Monsy

releasing holiday collection tomorrow is ridiculous
we didnt even have time to enjoy goodies from fall collection during real fall
it's still summer and they are releasing holiday

WTF2.gif

elkaknits

forget enjoying the fall collection... the moire collection just hit my counters yesterday. It is a very small compact display but it isn't fall yet.

Teger

K now i'm confused. Will it be on Chanel.com tomorrow for purchase or is 9/16 only when it ships out to retailers?
It will only ship out to retailers this coming week. The "official" launch date for Chanel is October 21st.

Knope2012

I wish it was coming out this week, but I'm sure it's better for my wallet if it comes out in October
sigh.gif

I hope we get to see some pictures and swatches soon!

ALivingDoll

Thanks for clarifying Teger
smiles.gif
I guess having to wait a little longer is not such a bad thing....it gives us more time to see some actual swatches and read reviews.

Genn

I knew I shouldn't have stepped too far out of the MAC/UD realm of makeup. First Armani sucked me in and now this.
holysheep.gif

Knope2012

I knew I shouldn't have stepped too far out of the MAC/UD realm of makeup. First Armani sucked me in and now this.
holysheep.gif
I know exactly what you mean. I haven't tried anything Armani, yet, but I have my eyes on a Tom Ford trio, so I know how deep the high end rabbit hole can go

liltweekstar

I just called my local Nordies and the counter manager said that the first shipment will get there on the 20th of this month and the second shipment will arrive on Oct 21st. Just FYI so it's probably best to call your local counter to see when they'll get the collection and actually display it. =)

Latest posts