College girls *or anyone really* and makeup!

chocolategoddes

I'm guessing that in college, most girls barely have time for makeup and they probably don't care for it too much because they're more laid-back and aren't trying to impress anyone.

I go to highschool and I wear makeup for fun, whereas most other HS girls wear makeup to look cute for guys.

Beauty Mark

When I was an undergraduate, very few people wore makeup. Too much going on. I wore it and didn't really care what others did.

Now in grad school, I notice that the undergradautes where much more. It might be because we're in a city or because it's coed (I went to a single sex school).

darkishstar

I don't really wear much make-up when I'm at school.
Shoot, I could barely wake up for classes, days I could wake up, sure, I put on some crazy eye-makeup but I NEVER did foundation. But I never cared if anyone thought I wore too much make-up. I do what I want. And I don't do it to look cute either, I love colors, I love the "canvas" so to speak. I'm just artsy!

Now if I'm going clubbing at night or on weekends.. out comes the crazy colors and glitters! =)

MAC_Pixie04

I just graduated from a college where the girls are known for looking pretty ridiculous for the most part lol when I was younger I wore a lot of makeup because I was still learning and experimenting. My looks have gotten significantly lighter, and I noticed the same thing about upperclasswomen, they tend to keep it pretty simple. A lot of the sorority girls and younger looking girls dress up for class and wear a lot of make up; to me I'm like why bother lol I get up, go to class, then just go home, so why waste my product lol

hello_kitty

I didn't wear much makeup in college, just eyeliner and mascara. Definitely a bit more on the weekends, or when my friends and I were going out. I think that was the trend for most girls... College is a bit different than, say, high school. College you aren't really out to impress during class, like others said, you show up, learn, leave. You do your impressing outside of the classroom.

X4biddenxLustX

I just graduated this past summer and I'm not in school or anything yet but from what I've heard from alot of college girls most of the girls there don't really have as much time in the mornings or whenever to get too much into makeup just for school. Usually if they do wear makeup or wear more dramatic/colorful makeup its for the weekends or when they go out to parties, etc. I had a similiar situation during my high school years though because I'd try to do dramatic/colorful makeup on a daily basis just for school while the other girls were much more toned down but still the majority of them did wear makeup. Now I didn't get much crap about it, at least not to my face from the girls it was sometimes a guy who would bitch when I had winged black eyeliner on. But I ignored them, do what makes you feel happy
smiles.gif

k.a.t

It's so weird because for me it's the total opposite of what others have said here. When I was in secondary school (high school) hardly anyone wore any make up, and if they did it was very minimal (I only wore foundation - coz I had to - and sometimes mascara with occasional lipgloss and that was it). Now that I'm in college people definitely dress up more...I think it's because over here we wear uniforms in secondary school still so no one really cares lol; plus the whole education system over here is different to the US (where I think a lot of people of this site are from). I think here college is like high school over there so, okay I'm just confusing myself so I'm gonna stop lol Basically for me it was the other way round and now I find myself wearing a nearly a full face most days..

I say just do whatever makes you happy, why worry about what others think?

Brittni

^ ITA. In highschool, all I wore was eyeliner (tightlined) and mascara... rarely foundation (I've been blessed w/decent skin) or anything else... Now I only WISH I would've wore full-face make-up to bring out my beauty back then! haha! In my HS no one really wore dramatic make-up at all.

X4biddenxLustX

Lucky gals! During highschool I had to do my face routine and foundation, concealer, powder, etc all at home. Then on the way to school, yes as in on the school bus/vehicle I'd do all my eye makeup since it was like a 40 minute trip to get to my school from my place. Now looking back I might of regretted it. All those days I could of slept in just for even those extra 15 minutes would of been nice lol. But however I did always feel more confident during the day if I had a full face of makeup on for some reason. Plus people for some reason would pull me to the side literally and ask "ZHEN ARE YOU HIGH?!" when I had absolutely no eye makeup on, not that I was lol.

xsnowwhite

girls at my school CAKE on the makeup! Its like orange foundation lines and thick black eyeliner everywherre. ew

Blueeyesangel18

When I was in secondry school we were not allowed to wear make up (It was a Catholic all girls school) so when I went to college I didnt bother to apply makeup until I actually went there bare faced and felt so odd cause every girl and women were wearing makeup whether it be a little bit of liner and mascara or full face so then I wore it more often but it was usually just foundation, mascara and eyeliner

kimmy

my sister's in college and when i stay with her, i usually notice her getting up like two minutes before she has to be out the door, so i can see why most college girls don't wear makeup.
smiles.gif

most of the ladies i work with wear the same type of makeup i do though, so i'm pretty comfortable.

kenmei

I'm a sophomore in college now and half the time I'm at school, and like many of the girls who've already answered, I don't bother with make up just because there's no time for it. But when I do wear makeup, I aim for the "natural" look...tinted moisturizer, some blush, mascara, nude lipstick and I'm out the door. From what I've noticed at my school (it's a huge, huge university), the majority of girls don't wear makeup (~70% ?) and the majority of those who do wear it, wear just the basics (eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss, etc).

I dunno...sometimes you can't tell that a girl's wearing make up right?
winks.gif

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnowwhite
girls at my school CAKE on the makeup! Its like orange foundation lines and thick black eyeliner everywherre. ew

Thats EXACTLY how the girls use to do there makeup in middle school and during my first year of highschool. Remember back in the day when all the girls thought that having that one stripe of glitter eyeshadow on there lids was cute along with a thick ass line of black liner all around the eye area lol?!

preciouscharm

I'm a soph in college and catch me on a good day and I'll show off my makeup. Usually I'm on a time crunch and just do the basics, save the makeup for the weekends as a treat to myself. I don't really see a lot of girls wearing heavy makeup. WHere I live its hot all the time and have to walk all over campus.

Stephy171

So true... well i a freshman this year and my 2nd semsester is coming up in a week and its so true!!!!! i'd say like 98% of the girls in my school look like they wake up about 20 mins before classs.... lol!!! i cant blame them i used to go to class comfrtable as all hell but yet i always find myself wearing the most makeup but hey i dont mind everyone always compliments me and stuff. i know there are the haters like why is she wearing all that but guess what.... i just pay no mind!

ashleyisawesome

I never wear makeup to school only because I get up about 15 minutes before I have to leave the house. I really don't care about making an impression lol I'm sure when classmates see me outside of school they are surprised lol

Lauren1981

lol @ "a tad over sparkly"

when i was a senior in college i had a shitload of MAC and wore none of it to class. just because i just always got up, threw on some sweats and shox and went to class. when i went out or went to work (i worked @ nordstrom at the time) that's when the MAC came out.

it's just personal preference. different ppl care in different situations.
my freshman and sophomore year, i NEVER left my room w/o m/u
then i just got focused on class and studying and taking 9,000 naps a day so i just didn't wear it until i went out or went to work

BEA2LS

In high school i always did a full face.. i was alone in that the first two years but it picked up.
my mom worked at a college and always said high schools girls put themselves together better. in my college, everyone looked kinda sloppy. no offense to any college students! but it was mostly sweats, no make up, etc.
i usually wore minimal make up.
at my work it's kinda 50/50. my office doesnt wear much make up but the ladies in my building do.