CONGRATULATIONS The_N!! CLOSED Sponsor Giveaway 12/24 - M*A*D Minerals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juneplum

Today's giveaway is sponsored by the WONDERFUL M*A*D Minerals

The winner of today's contest wins a gift bag with these amazing items!

Indelible Waterproof Gel Eyeliner
Color Choice - Chocolate Mousse

Color Choice - Black Out

Color Choice - Black Cherry

Baby Kabuki Brush

Cosmetic Organizer with Wallet

Silky Smooth Foundation Primer

SYNTHETIC BRISTLES! Superior Kabuki Brush

Stolen Kisses Lipstick Sealant

Mineral Eye Shadow/Liner Sealant

Make Your Selection - 5 ml Sample Bottle

Luminous Lip Lacquer

PURE LIPS MINERAL LIPSTICK

Color Choice - MAGMA

Quote:
M*A*D Minerals is a internet-based company providing affordable, high quality pure loose mineral makeup.

What is the difference between M*A*D Minerals and all of the other zillion brands out there?

The only differences you will find between M*A*D Minerals products and the other companies are the prices & many of the other companies' products contain Bismuth Oxychloride which may cause many women's skin to itch and/or break out. We do not use Bismuth Oxychloride in any of our mineral products.

To enter:

Visit the M*A*D Minerals website - MAD Natural Bare Minerals Makeup Beauty Cosmetics, have a look at the wonderful products, pick 3 you like, and tell us what you like about them!

Post your responses in this thread!

Creativity is encouraged! In other words, please be specific
smiles.gif

WINNER: The_N CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

I'm SURE you'll recognize the "face" of M*A*D minerals - our very own speckrette M*A*D DIVA JULIE! aka entipy
greengrin.gif

Good luck, and post away!

Contest ends 12/25 and is open to US and International members
greengrin.gif

MAC_Whore

Re: Sponsor Giveaway 12/24 - M*A*D Minerals

What a great chance for you lucky guys and gals! Entipy, you look fantastic!
winks.gif

gigglegirl

Wow I wish I had checked out the MAD mineral site a while ago--alas it seems like the Black Cherry indelible gel liner is sold out--yay for it being in this package but I would love to try that. At any rate, if I were to make an order today, this is what I would order:

Finishing Powder in Translucent --I want something translucent and I'm sick of my blot powder.
Multi-purpose minerals: Sienna--The red shimmery colour has me drooling!--I'd definitely be using this as eyeshadow!
and finally,
Indelible Gel Eyeliner: Marcasite--shimmery charcoal and a bit of a steel tone, I'd like something greyish/blueish so it would definitely be on my list!

Thanks for this contest, *tear* we are getting to the end of it. Thank you all and I wish you a Merry Christmas!!!

Shadow

"Drama Queen" "Love "Big Apple"

Being a New Yorker my three favorite shades describe me perfectly!

frocher

I would love to try:

Indelible Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Black Cherry- It is a unique shade, and I love gel liners. I think this shade would be versatile enough to wear for a subtle shimmer, or can be worn with other colors for an evening look.

Flash Glow Mineral Finishing Powder- I love mineral makeup, and have been experimenting with different finishing powders. I love the idea of one that would offer an all over glow. I have been searching for a product that will subtly enhance my skin, and this looks gorgeous in the swatch, like crushed pearls.

Eyeshadow Primer Base- Who isn't looking for a product that will make their e/s last all day and be more vibrant on the eye? I am an e/s base junkie. I love to test them out. I would love to try one that is formulated by a mineral company. I have many mineral e/s and would love to use a base specially formulated to work with them.

COBI

Great prizes/giveaway! Julie's FOTD's are always so vibrant. (I only like hate entering so early because it's usually a much later winner.)

My 3 favorites from MAD Minerals site:
Indelible Waterproof Gel Liner: These colors are gorgeous! Black Cherry is one of my favorites there.

Silky Smooth Foundation Primer: I am a big fan of anything that helps my makeup finish nicer and last longer.

Stolen Kisses Lip Sealant: Same as above: I am a big fan of anything that helps things last longer!

Happy Holidays.

Divinity

true.gif
I wish I had discovered this site sooner too! My three picks are as follows:

Stolen Kisses Lipstick Sealant - I am not a fan of the lipsticks that are kiss proof, but of course I have a huge lippie collection that I really have a hard time using because my husband WILL NOT KISS ME with my lipstick on.
cry.gif
So, this product is a GODSEND because I can actually wear more of my favorite lipsticks AND love on my hubbie!
th_worship.gif

Cosmetic Sifter Jars - I PLAY with my mineral foundation and play scientist to mix my IDEAL shade. I think a lot of minerals come close to a perfect shade I can wear in general, but in the summer I'm getting my tan on because I spend more time outside. So, I'm always having to buy two anyway and the jars I find are too big or too small - so frustrating! I LOVE these jars because they come in different sizes so I don't have to get a huge honkin' jar for my mixed foundation as the mix changes with the seasons!

Big Apple hot pink shimmer (Rainbow Pearl Collection) - I LOVE pink! This pink caught my eye because it seems so versatile - I could use is as a blush AND an eyeshadow. M A D minerals really has me thinking about what is in the make-up that I put on my face and I did some research on the ingredients they keep out of their minerals. Is it any wonder that my skin reacts to certain lines? Wow. So, I like that this pigment has NO dyes or carmine AND that it isn't so shimmery. I'm all for shimmer, but the best versatile pinks are ones that have the potential to be so.

Thanks for introducing us to another great line! What a great prize too - good luck everyone!!

IDontKnowMomo

I've always wanted to try MAD Minerals, so this contest is SUPER exciting!

Indelible Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Peacock - I love cream and gel liners, and judging by Entipy's FOTDs, these look ahhh-mazing! The teal color is just gorgeous, but the bit of shimmer in this liner makes me go crazy. I'd like to try using it as a base for some blue and green eyeshadows I own :] I'd love to try this product.

Multi Use Mineral Colors in 7200 - I haven't tried many loose eyeshadows, but I would love to use this shade as one. This pink looks so great! I'd also love to try it as a blush, I think the iridescence would make my skin look surreal and fabulous. Judging by the picture on the website, this color kind of looks like MAC's Expensive Pink, which I've even used on my lips! I'd probably end up trying the same thing with 7200. It seems as if it'd be a VERY versatile product.
PURE LIPS MINERAL LIPSTICK in Celestial - I'm not really a lipstick girl, but I've been experimenting lately. This shade of lipstick looks like one I'd like. I'd probably wear it with my everyday makeup, It'd most likely become a staple, haha. I'm probably going to give in at some point, and add this too my collection xD

There are a couple other products that I have been drooling over, but I think those three will do :]
Good Luck to everybody who enters!
and Happy Holidays
greengrin.gif

chloe007

I like the following eye shadows: chance, envy and spruce. I love the look Mad Diva Julie created with them (by chance nirvana)
yes.gif

kittenluvsmac

The first thing I noticed about M*A*D Minerals is the affordable prices. It was hard to narrow my choices down to just three items, but here they are.

Loose Mineral Bronzer in Baby Bronze: This shade looks perfect for giving my PPP skintone a soft touch of sun while highlighting at the same time.

Multi-Use Mineral Colors in Milady: This light pink shimmer looks like it has just the right touch of natural luminescence to be used for a gorgeous everyday look.

Indelible Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Peacock: I'm always drawn to teal colors because they really bring out the green in my blue-green eyes. And a bit of shimmer in a gel liner makes it even more intriguing.

Thanks for the giveaway opportunities, Specktra mods. Merry Christmas to all!
santa.gif

hotpink1326

Ooo, i have ALWAYS wanted to try M*A*D Products!! I have heard soooo many good things about them from Julie! She always has such bold, beautiful, vibrant looks & thats what i usually go for too! Even if i dont win this contest, in the future i'd still love to try their stuff! Money wise, its kinda tough though... so maybe one day!!

Anyway, on too the products i'd like to try... (How can i only choose 3!!!)

1st of all, i'd LOVE to try out the Mineral Eye Shadow/Liner Sealant I've never used anything like that before... just water & that does the job... i guess, but this product seems fantastic!!! I like to do a "double liner" look sometimes & turn pigments into liners but it doesnt hold up very well & i end up with it rubbing off on my upper lids within a few hours! This product should do the job
smiles.gif

Those Gel Liners have also caught my attention!! They seem awesome! I have only tried gel liners once & it was the HIP brand. I really liked it & think it would be fun to try out diffferent color gels
smiles.gif
That "Black Cherry" has especially caught my eye...

Really, i'd try EVERYTHING from that list... it all all looks amazing!! M*A*D is definately a cool site that i will have to check out more often!! I love the colors that they offer in minerals and thats what i'm making my 3rd thing that i like on the site. I cant choose favorites when it comes to color... so i thought i'd list all the ones that jumped out at me!!!

Big Apple (A bright beautiful redish/pinkish it seems)
Big Money (A very BOLD green)
Electric Blue (Looks just like you'd picture by the name, lol)
Furious (This color seems to be pink & purple depending on the light)
Islander (A shimmery purple)
Pizzazz (This looks to be one of the prettiest purples i've ever seen)
Spritz (I cant even discribe this color, its speckles of blue & purple... its looks so fun & shimmery)
and i'm very curious about the "whisper" colors... they are like opals!!!

So, thanks Specktra for pointing out this awesome site!!!

newagetomatoz

One of the first colors my eyes were drawn too was the multi-use loose mineral pigment in Sienna, partly because I just love shimmery red eyeshadow. This color isn't something that I would only wear around Christmas time, but any time because it can make a statement, as well as bend my eye color!

Then comes the Loose Mineral SPF Powder! I'm all about the sunscreen, and the fact that there is a translucent powder just knocks my socks off! Another perfect protection factor for my face!
th_DANCE.gif

And finally, the multi-use loose mineral pigment in Ruby Sunset just looks beyond stunning! I could see using that pigment on my cheeks, lips, eyes, collarbones, nail polish, lotions, you name it! Plus, it's mineral!! My skin does a little happy dance (well, not really, bu you know!) when it knows mineral makeup is going on it!

Marcita

Indelible Eyeliner in Black Cherry. I know these go on so smoothly and wear like iron. This color is quite unique too.

Mineral eyeshadow in Black Cherry since it's a perfect accompaniment to the eyeliner.

Eyeshadow primer/base: you need something tacky like this to hold on the eyeshadows and this sounds like a great product for that purpose.

chevonne98

Okay here goes...

1. Indelible Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Peacock. This product will allow me to create a sexy defined eye in a awesome color.

2. Multi-use loose powder in Day Dreamer. I love the concept of a multiuse powder and the color combination will allow me to get the effect of multiple colors even though I am just using one.

3. Loose mineral in baby bronze. The website says "Apply on your face where the sun would naturally "kiss" your skin." however the sun doesn't kiss my skin it burns it (as evidenced by the fact that if you look at my right hip it looks like I have beige panties on a brown leg. I got that "tan" 3 months ago!). This product would do wonders for my face since I am unable to rely on the sun to give me that desirable bronzed look.

there really were quite a few more fabulous products on that site and I will be bookmarking it just as soon as I submit this response.

peinapple

oooh, I love the prices. I wish samples were a bit cheaper, but it's a good option to try the products. Even though it isnt even christmas yet. i'm dreaming of spring and pretty soft looks.

I've never used any kind of mineral makeup before so i would play it safe and stick to multi-use loose mineral colors in the shades

Aurora:
Stunning peachy pink shimmer

and
Desert Peach: a rich earthy peach in a matt formula.

Ha ha....if i had more than three choices, i would pick out an eyelining shade and a blush.
blush-anim-cl.gif
But i will stick to my trusty fluidline in sweet sage and melba blush.

Oh

and the third item i would love to try is the

Think Pink Kabuki Brush an amazingly cute little brush. I have many brushes but i still dont have a kabuki....yes i know...i'm so behind the times.

MACATTAK

I've bought from Barbi before & let me say that Mad Minerals are awesome! In fact, last night I was looking at the gel eyeliners that I so want to try. Here are my 3 picks:

Indelible Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in: Peacock A gorgeous aqua/teal green with just a hint of shimmer (this looks sooo pretty).
Day Dreamer Mineral-
A stunning blue shimmer loaded with tons of gold. This is such an original color! I already own it, but use it so often I need another one! Definitely a must-have for any mineral addict! Entipy and Briar have both used this color, and it's stunning!!
Oak Bronze Mineral-
Gorgeous earth brown shimmer. Another must-have color! Entipy uses this as most often as a liner. It's fabulous! I need this
smiles.gif

athena123

Wow, this site is incredible, I've never heard of Mad Minerals thanks so much for letting us know about them! I have oily skin prone to clogged pores; once I tried minerals, I'll never go back to conventional face powders!

The 3 products that absolutely have me drooling....
drools.gif

1. 03-C Liquid Mineral Foundation --- Ooh, I would love to try this one! I love the fact that it's comprised of 89% organic ingredients - lovely ingredients suitable for all skin types. Between the meadowfoam and carrot seed oils, DMAE and MSM this product is beyond makeup. You can think of this as a true extension of skincare. I apply liquid mineral foundation right after pearl primer paste and blend in for the first step in sheer coverage that evens out the skin tone.

2. Exquisite Minerals Anti-Aging Mineral Treatment --- This this is another one containing lovely ingredients for anyone who pays attention to these things. I would probably try to use this as a finishing powder. The pearl and ylang/ylang help to control oil, the mica gives a slightly off-focus finish that softens lines without settling into them, and the vitamins and minerals are another benefit for feeding your skin.

3. Pure Lips Mineral Lipstick --- Hi, my name is Athena and I'm a lipstick junkie
th_DANCE.gif
- All of these shades look so lovely, I wouldn't be able to choose between them. I'd have to buy them all.

Corvs Queen

I love the Think Pink Kabuki, Refillable Brush and Sand Dune Mineral color.

What I love about the Think Pink Kabuki is that it's pink! How cute and girly. Being an Aries I am a sucker for all colors but I love me some pink. Also, it would match my traincase.

I love the Refillable brush because I am a recent mineral makeup convert and I would love to have a way to touch up during the day. This is something that I could fill up with my silk dust and through into my purse so that I could keep oil at bay during the days. I love that! I might just order one anyways.
winks.gif

And Sand Dune looks like the perfect color to wash across my eyelid for those days when I want a more neutral, less complicated look. I love the sparkles with the nudeish color. Perfect for just a bit of oomph without looking like I'm trying to hard. Plus I think it would make an awesome nail color. :=

prettybaby

I would like to try the mineral foundation, mostl bc I have very sensitive skin and the heavier foundtions and even some powdersmake my skin break out. ech.
The finishng powder in Translucent Matte for my oily skin... It would be nice to not look like a grease ball!
And the Ven. gel liner, which I may order some of anyways just bc I likes purpls!!
smiles.gif
).

Merry Christmas eve everyone!

d n d

After taking a looksie at the site which has a lot of cool things...I would say the things I would love to add to my collection are:

1. The Silky Smooth Foundation Primer-I would love this because I think this would be a beneficial and essential part of my makeup kit since I have oily but sensitive skin.

2. The 6 piece brush set-I like this because I need a brush set...plain and simple!

3. Multi-use mineral color in Fire Opal- such a rich, vibrant color!

Status
Not open for further replies.