Counterfeit Nars - Post your possible counterfeit items here

imoutofit

Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!! NARS brush set!!!

Quite honestly, I'm not quite too sure about this set. Like what some people said already, the bristles look way too shiny and the only brush set that I'm aware of is the mini-travel size brush set that comes in a burgundy leather brush roll that's available on nordstroms.com, nars.com, and sephora.com

Kuuipo

Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!! NARS brush set!!!

NARS has a travel brush set, but none of their single brushes alone are in any set. They're too expensive. The eyeshader brush alone is 55.USD The ita on the end was a LE and is no longer at stores (it hasn't been for a year, although a shorter wider one replaced it) If that was a real NARS brush "set" it would cost a few grand.

dpegasus

Re: Counterfeit NARS items

Had anyone already check and verify the Counterfeit Nars blush(with the LOGO ontop the blush) with narsconsmetics ?

jdepp_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risser
Some features of the fake blush:
- unusual price, under USD5 or lower.
- incorrect/unknown shade number, e.g. 410, 403
- smell a scent from fake one
- regular plastic box

I asked my husband to buy a fake blush, I will post pics and comments here if I get it.

Aslo the NArs blushes dont have the NARS name printed on the actual powder like these. Or at least I havent seen any like those and I love their blushes.
th_dunno.gif

Opalmoon

I already posted about this on counterfeit MAC forum, but I think this is better place for the word of warning:

cosmeticoutlet4u (former name mybeautystore2007) from Hong Kong.

Lots of Nars makeup, especially new Luster blushes, that look fake to me (shiny boxes instead of matte), also feedback mentions items being fake.

NIB Nars in Luster Blush Full Size 4.5g $30 - eBay (item 220201409974 end time Feb-14-08 22:49:14 PST)

Nars Eye Shadow Paris Duo NIB $40 403 - eBay (item 220201409980 end time Feb-14-08 22:49:19 PST)

narseyeshadowgreyblackgs0.jpg

gardenteaparty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtilla
This is so disappointing… and scaring! I only buy Nars products on Ebay, they don't sell them in Italy
ssad.gif

me too! I have no idea where I can get these from anywhere else apart from ebay

red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opalmoon
I already posted about this on counterfeit MAC forum, but I think this is better place for the word of warning:

cosmeticoutlet4u (former name mybeautystore2007) from Hong Kong.

Lots of Nars makeup, especially new Luster blushes, that look fake to me (shiny boxes instead of matte), also feedback mentions items being fake.

Interesting that most of his blushes are Orgasm, the most requested color.
fake, fake, fake ...

one buyer in Spanish wrote El artículo es distinto de lo anunciado. Mala comunicación. .. I think this means items not as described
angry.gif

red

One thing the counterfeiters can't get right is that plastic. The originals are soft to the touch, feels as though it has a porous surface. Arghh they get dirty easily. Also, each item has a batch code on the back.
The word NARS is written centered on the blush, I have seen some fakes where the "N" was much closer to the edge than the "S".
The fakes also can't get the shimmering part right either.

red

ALL ORIGINAL

2 Cream eyeshadows: SWING & MYKONOS
(when applied with brush you get a real deep color vs. applying with fingers)
I swatched Swing the deep eggplant, I got to reswatch, as the color is more like what's in the pot .. gorgeousssssssssssss)

on the bottom (see pic above), not sure its that visible, but you can feel with your fingers, its raised-embossed UPSIDE DOWN facing the label on 2 lines CONTAINER MADE IN ITALY & MODELE DEPOSE
(this is also on the blush)

Blush in SIN

the color is just like the pic. I use this blush everyday for over a year, so it's a bit beat-up ;-)

I hope this is useful.

Oh my Goooooood!!!!
I have just bought Underworld duo from Ebay!!!.I hope it,s a real one,i think the seller was Worldcometicsinc,is it the same someone mentioned as a good seller?.

I hate fakes and people who trade with them!!
angry.gif

Buttercup

Just letting you all know that eBay seller 'vimygirl' sells fake NARS. I got a blush from her and it is similar to the ones pictured in Risser's post. In the item description the seller had a picture but it was very blurred and I think she might have photoshopped out the NARS logo on the blush. She is a Canadian seller too so looks like these ugly fakes are circulating the world.

glavinagal

Question about weird nars packaging with picture

I just got this e/s from a swap on MUA...I really want to reverse the swap now..but I look at the e/s and feel kinda confuse now..
It's the weirdest packaging of all..well at least for me. The front side of the e/s is pretty much loosing its velvet-ty Nars typical packaging..it looks like someone had scratch the sh**t out of it (can they actually do that?). Right now it looks and feel like you're touching and looking at remote control (a black one of course) Is this even normal?? Or is it possibly fake?
She didnt include the box nor the plastic insert..so I'm just wondering..what should i do now? Should i reverse the swap?? Please please help me
th_dunno.gif

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

Kuuipo

Re: Question about weird nars packaging with picture

I have never seen that colour in the NARS line over the years....China Blue is close. The way real NARS packaging gets shiny is to be cleaned with some heavier disinfectants that include solvents. NARS packaging doesn't scratch easily.

glavinagal

I thought so too..this might sounds crazy..but I tried to scratch one of my real nars..the one that I bought myself...

HeavenLeiBlu

Looks weird to me... plus, whats all the sparkly stuff on the back?

Kuuipo

After a while, you can get sparkley stuff on the back from having it stored with pigments, shadows, etc that have come loose. My concern is that this colour is non existant in the NARS line, and I do not remember every seeing it over the last decade. I had a book with old NARS colours and still I found nothing like that. Even if it was genuine, its ancient and the preservative would be shot. I have had NARS packaging that lost its rubbery feel before from exterior cleaning.

glavinagal

That one supposed to be nars "gigi" i dont think it has been THAT long right? what concern me the most is the back side have that rubbery feeling to it..that typical nars packaging feel...but not the front side..it just making it looks so ugly!! sigh...

Kuuipo

I'm not worried about the product's housing, I'm worried about the quality of the actual product. The preservatives may have broken down.

The color Gigi is legit, right now though I only see it available on the UK NARS website as part of one of the artist palettes. Are you located in Europe or did you swap it with someone from the there? It may have been a shade exclusive to Europe. I have never seen this color on the US website or any counter I have been to in the US. I will look through my NARS manual tomorrow to double check. The front of the packaging does not look right to me though. I will try to get you a solid answer, but that is what I know now.
smiles.gif
Does this shadow have the same velvety texture as your other NARS shadows?

glavinagal

now im in cali..I swapped it with a girl here in US too..maybe i was just too paranoid..coz i know that they have this color in UK website (thats how i found out) and i'm pretty sure that this is limited UK only..since I couldnt find it anywhere in here...i was thinking..maybe coz we dont have it here..she's playing a crazy game on me..since I cant bring it to any counter to prove that it's fake or something...its just bugging me..coz that thing really weird looking and she did not stated it on her listing...I'm just happy if that thing is legit now..I'll let it go....we'll see..
Thanks for your help girls!!
greengrin.gif