Dark Lipstick/Lipgloss Trend of the Fall!!

NaturalT

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeno.8
For those of you who like swatches, here are some of bolder fall colors and then some lighter alternatives. All of these are based off of the lipgloss "Pop Mode" (I *love* this color). None the less, I can't wait to get that black lipmix... mmm...

FallSciFi.jpg

Sci-Fidelity/Popmode
FallAmythist.jpg

Mary Kay Amethyst/Popmode
Fall4N.jpg

5N/Popmode
FallDandy.jpg

PlumDandy/Popmode
FallMetalliuqe.jpg

Lancome Metallique/Popmode

I Looove all of these looks! They are very tasteful and beautiful on you and I know they would look great on many people including myself
th_DANCE.gif
. The 5N/Popmode reminds me of the look I get with Poise Mattene with Viva Glam VI lipgloss so im really loving it. Now im off to look at Popmode!

I looked at Popmode and the color description is very similar to Viva Glam V! I guess they are color cousins or something lol

NaturalT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perple1
Desire = LOVE in the colder months...& I'm a light to mid-tone lip color wearer, normally!

I tried out this lipglass tonight and I really love it. It looks good full strength lol for a nice evening look and sheered out for a nice light burgundy stain on the lips. I will b2m this next week.

j_absinthe

Quote:
I really want to get my hands on the black lipmix and the rust colored glitter. I *love* dark lips. I'm also thinking of branching out and going into midtone berries instead of just dark ones.

You would look great with patent black lips.

captodometer

Blazeno.8,

Love the pics
tong.gif
You have definitely given me some ideas.

I was able to dupe the Sci Fi Delity/Pop Mode look with Viva Glam IV and Dark Flower lipglass. Same look also achieved using Solar Plum with Dark Flower.

Dark Flower was LE, but when I run out I will replace it with Pop Mode because they are virtually identical. Ditto with Sci Fi Delity and Solar Plum: the only way I can tell the difference between them and VGIV is the color of the tube.

hollyca

I remember back in high school Revlon had a color that was the perfect berry stain so I'm going to look for it. Either that or I'll get a tube of Clinique Black honey. It's not that dark but it's a good old standby.

GlamYOURUs

I love reds and berries colored lippies.

My fav for a berry color is the Mattene lipstick in Rougette, its beautiful and suited for all skintones. Its actually darker in RL than in the pics.

Flash:
301mu5l.jpg

No Flash:
2r2ovw8.jpg

blazeno.8

IMGP0160.jpg

This one is really an early fall fashion color (not traditional season color).
Cherry lip liner
Port Red lipstick LE
Cult of Cherry lipglass LE

The picture doesn't really capture the dimension of this combo. A natural light picture might.

blue_meaway

Quote:
IMGP0160.jpg

Cherry lip liner
Port Red lipstick LE

The picture doesn't really capture the dimension of this combo. A natural light picture might.

I see it! LOVELY!!! What color e/s and blush do you plan on wearing with that?

blazeno.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_meaway
I see it! LOVELY!!! What color e/s and blush do you plan on wearing with that?

I'm still trying to figure it out... I think just a classic creamy look. Nothing too heavy. Smokey golden midtone brown at the darkest.

blazeno.8

IMGP0253.jpg

IMGP0248.jpg

th_drool.gif
drools.gif

Black "lipsitck" (let's just call it that until my lipmix arrives soon).
Possibly left over red lipstick from earlier....
Cult of Cherry lip glass

lsperry

Quote:
IMGP0160.jpg

Cherry lip liner
Port Red lipstick LE

Ooohh! This is so lovely and yes, I, too, see the dimension.....I'm trying this one out tomorrow....Will have to figure out my eye and blush colors....

Thanks for posting this!

lsperry

Quote:
I'm still trying to figure it out... I think just a classic creamy look. Nothing too heavy. Smokey golden midtone brown at the darkest.

Thanks for that suggestion....I'll use either last year's "smoking" quad or 2006's warm eyes palette and maybe ablaze or mountain high blush.

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfauxblondie
ehh, i'm not too crazy about dark i just recently got my sephora fall 08 catalogue in the mail and a model inside had dark lips with a smokey cat eye and kind of a bronzy blush.

i got that catelogue also. the cat eye was gorgeous but i've never really been into the whole darker shades on the lips. the only way i will if it's a gloss and even then i'll still do something to lighten it up

darker shades make me look gangsta... lol! i used to wear them when i was younger and when i look at pics now i'm like "DAMN!!!"

i do however, think they're good for the fall because that's typically how it goes... in the fall you get your darker colors. i don't know... i've just always felt like the darker the lip shade, the more harsh i look

idk, i might try it this fall though because the colors i've seen are great