Dark Lipstick/Lipgloss Trend of the Fall!!

blazeno.8

These are the jewels
th_drool.gif
. I can't wait to try it with purple
drools.gif
IMGP0321.jpg

Black Liner
Black Lipstick
Reflects Rust
Clear Gloss
IMGP0319.jpg

Black Liner
Black Lipstick
Clear Gloss

brownsuga lady

I don't usually wear darker lipsticks (i'm usually a nude, peach, pink or midtone color girl) but I like the look. I don't think I wear it nearly as often because I haven't gotten used to it on my face. I do plan to get Bing or Kirsch mattenes from Cult of Cherry launch but one combo that I love when I want to do a darker berry is:

Vino l/l
Dark Side l/s
Bold Heart l/g

So pretty. I got this look from a MAC artist at the counter. I told her I wanted something different than my usual nudes and this is what she came up with. Its a very pretty combo.

ClaireAvril

I love cherry looks.. i got the Mattene Lipstick from the COC collection in BING along with Jampacked Lipglass and it is AMAZINGGGG!!

I usually try to stick to neutral/simple eyes when i am doing a dark lip... just so there is not too much going on and I don't scare little children. Though I like to on occaision.

BenefitAddict

Cyber is a pretty good color.
I'm fair-skinned so it looks pretty dramatic next to my skin.
However I think it would look better on dark-skinned women.

LuvinMyMAC

I really love the dark lipstick look. I've always been a fan of them. So I guess this is the time I can finally use my Spice-ickle l/s.. .

blazeno.8

Something like 4N and Black (I think). There might be some other stuff thrown into the mix, but that's basically what got it this dark.
IMGP0405.jpg

This one just has a bit of Rushmetal pigment in the middle.
IMGP0414.jpg

Lapis

oh Rose go round from color forms is great for this look, it's a lovely rich color, sadly all the pics I have of it are after hours of wear but I'll snap a new on this weekend

LatinaRose

I love the drama of dark lips!! But I'm still getting used to them on me. I still need them to be a little bright. I love Rougette with Pink Poodle on top, but that's all I've tried it with. I'm happy I scooped it up even though I was a bit unsure of it. I only purchased CoC lipglass and still need to experiment with it.

So in short, I love dramatic dark lips, but for me they still need to be in the deep red and fuchsia category. No burgundy, black, brown for me.

Sweexy985

Alot of people don't understand dark lips. Just like they don't understand high-fashion. That's why I wouldn't wear dark lips on an everyday basis. Now I would wear it to a sort of artsy-type function, (maybe a gala or maybe to a cool-cat club or something) but that's about it.

MacAddict_Sami

I am loving the dark lip trend...I think if it's applied properly it can REALLY work... I don't necessary think I'd wear it everyday but I am feeling it for the nights out on the town
tong.gif

Scorpdva

Just attended a CoC event yesterday. Tried chockful with liqueur on top and it looked good. I ended up getting both.

Lapis

I was playing around with pigments this weekend and Heritage Rouge makes a very nice lip colour perfect for this look.

Covergirl913

I'll be passing on this one as well...I can't stand nor do dark lips anymore...I did enough of that back in the late 90's...

aziajs

Petrilude (YouTube) did a look with the following and I really liked it:
Liner: Nightmoth Lip Pencil, Feline Kohl Power (corners).
Lipstick: Cyber Lipstick.
Finish: Angelwing Lustreglass

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Picture016.jpg

I tried the same thing without the Feline in the corners and used Red Romp on the center of my bottom lip. It was hot! I bet Cult of Cherry would be pretty on the center of the lip as well.