Dior Cosmetics Discussion

SarahBunny

I'm so sad. I called up the Nordstrom in Pittsburgh where I'm going this weekend to see if they had any Misty Mauves and they are all gone. They're gone at the Macy's, too. Bummer.

ginlovesmac

I just gotta say, I love Dior's shimmer powders in Amber diamond and Rose Diamond. They give the prettiest glow to the skin, and it doesn't accentuate or settle into my pores. Ah, it's love

SarahBunny

Info on Dior Holiday 2010 Collection from The Beauty Alchemist...

Star Product – Dior Miniaudiere:
Paying tribute to the evening purse of the moment, the Dior Miniaudiere features couture details like a vintage kiss clasp, a gold plaque engraved with the Dior logo and a black patent leather finish embossed in the iconic Dior houndstooth pattern.

Available in two color harmonies: Grey or Pink tones.

Retail $80.00 (Grey Golds, Saks Only), (Pink Golds, All other stores)

The Holiday Collection:

-Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Five Golds #001
-Dior 5-Colour Iridescent in Endless Shine #529 (except Sephora)
-Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen in Gold Edition
-Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in Pink Stiletto # 234 (except Sephora)
-Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in Black Lame #992 (Sephora Exclusive)
-Dior Vernis in Czarina Gold #916 (except Sephora)
-Dior Vernis in Timeless Gold #226

On-Counter: October 2010

SarahBunny

Re: Dior Makeup Collection for FALL 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Hi MzzRach - I'm hopefully going to be giving these a try this weekend - will let you know about the pigmentation!
yes.gif

I want to see pictures of your look!!!

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBunny
I want to see pictures of your look!!!

Thanks
girlhaha.gif
- I will try to post one tomorrow -
yes.gif

I'm thinking I'm loving the deluxe holiday travel set with the 6 shadows, blush, highlight, mascara and gloss.......

I also just ordered the Dior Irridescent Leather quint....
love.gif
.....does anyone have this one? I can't wait to get it!!

SarahBunny

I'm so excited for you! I don't have it but I'm sure it's beautiful. Since the Nordstrom was sold out this weekend of the Misty Mauve, my husband let me order it online so I'll be a getting one in the mail. I've never been disappointed in a Dior quint.
I can't wait to see your picture!

SarahBunny

Re: Dior cosmetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by versace
could anyone tell me whats the diffrence between dior addict ultra gloss in color pink flirt and pink silk
thank you

I bought pink flirt this weekend. It kind of reminds me of MAC's St. Germain in a gloss form. I think pink flirt is a little deeper pink that pink silk. Pink flirt is a glow gloss. They didn't have pink silk for me to compair it to. Hope this helps!

SarahBunny

I just went to Sephora yesterday and they are having a promotion for the new Dior primer. If you ask, they'll give you a free delux trial size Blackout mascara! I got one yesterday.

anita22

I bought the new Misty Mauve quint and have been wearing it for the better part of a week now. As a colour combination, I think this is a must for brown eyes. It's definitely purple, but as it has enough brown in it to be perfectly fine for the office (i.e. it doesn't scream "Look, it's purple eyeshadow!). The pigmentation is better suited to daywear though - the darker shades are not as pigmented as most Dior shadows I've come across. It's perfectly fine for a daytime eye, but if you're looking for a dramatic smokey eye this is not your palette. I'm very happy with it though, took it on a 2-day business trip this week and it was just perfect.

color_lover456

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBunny
Dior Holiday 2010 Quints:

Endless Shine and 5 Golds

wow wow wow i want to thank you but for some reason it's not letting me.... me want me want!

SarahBunny

I think Endless Shine looks pretty with the black in the middle but I don't think it will be available at Sephora ;-(

s_lost

Does anyone already saw the new Rouge Dior? The colors are sooooo beautiful!

They've 3 sections: rouge, rose and beige.

I got Rouge Favori and Rose Déclamation. I want also Trafalgar and Junon (at least, hehe)

StarrySim

I'm wondering about the Dior Diva program, I hope one of you girls can help. Do I have to be registered in the program on the date of my first purchase receipt? I have some receipts dating back to February of this year, and I can't remember if I signed up before or after my purchases. I'm pretty sure I signed up at one point, but I can't find an email confirmation or anything in my archives. And now the Dior makeup site seems to be in a state of limbo, so the info isn't even there.

Also, I'd love to hear the experiences of other Canadian girls who have redeemed.

Thanks!

Heiaken

I haven't been that crazy about Dior mascaras, but I'm quite liking Iconic. It gives you nice definition and buildable volume, perfect with one layer, but can get a bit clumpy on the second.

Swirlgirl

I don't have a lot of Dior products, but I am a huge lipstick girl and I recently bought the Dior Rouge Dior lippie in Plum Daisy.

This blog review of it was my inspiration for getting it: Rouge Dior Haute Couleur Daisy Plum Café Makeup

And let me just say, this is a stunning color - super smooth, super pigmented. And just the right darkish, but not vampy or red for my complexion (NW 15/NW20). I usually wear nude or pink lips, but I love this color - it is gorgeous.

Latest posts