Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Miss QQ

^^
yes.gif
I missed out on Chanel Kaleidoscope and she said Timeless Gold is a close dupe, without the green tint. But I like the green tint of Kaleidoscope. Pink stiletto looks pretty too!

anita22

I love the look of the Endless Shine quint, but having said that none of the shadows look all that unique... I've bought 6 quints in the last year now, so maybe I should take a breather until next year!

Ingenue

I got my hands on a few Holiday items from Dior. I have to say, the Polishes are my favorite part of this collection...

Timeless Gold:

Czarina Gold:

I love them both! They seem to be very mood specific. The Timeless Gold is neutral and classic, but the Czarina Gold has a distinct bohemian vibe to it.

color_lover456

man you girls who have access to the holiday collections are so lucky! i don't have time to go physically shopping anymore and i don't see a hint of anything holiday online...
wondering.gif

Honey&LemonGirl

I'm hopping over to my Dior counter tomorrow to check out the goods. I have my eye on the Five Golds palette (on the fence since it looks awfully sheer and doesn't have even one true gold in it) and the Pink Stiletto lip gloss.
smiles.gif

color_lover456: If you live in the US, I think most of the counters have received their goods, but if you're just shopping online then Nordstrom's website has the minaudieres and those red-packaged holiday palettes. Neiman's website has Endless Shine, but you have to look for it really carefully. It's in a dropdown menu for color selection, but the color swatch isn't shown to the left. Sephora has the Five Golds palette up for sale now, as well as the black gloss. The only thing I haven't been able to find online from this collection is the Pink Stiletto lip gloss.

purrtykitty

I have the two holiday polishes coming my way, and also ordered Gold Revolution from Sephora. I'm interested in trying out a quint, but I want to see them in person to get a feel for them before choosing one. I will report back with swatches of the polishes as soon as I can, though!

Ingenue

I just got the pink and the blue design quints. I didn't realize they contained a liner and a base until I opened them. They seem like the most interesting of the quints. The bronze looks pedestrian and the nude one is just... nude.

I haven't tested them yet. I'll report back when I do!

Honey&LemonGirl

Saw the collection at my counter today. I was a little disappointed to be honest.
ssad.gif

Miniaudieres: Very pretty, but I'm not interested. The quality of the products inside was nice, but not stellar. I can't drop $80 on one of these guys, no matter how gorgeous they are to look at, if the product inside isn't up to par. (I'm personally not a fan of lip gloss that comes in any kind of palette, so take that with a grain of salt.)

Eyeshadow palettes: Five Golds is a bit on the sheer side, but not super sheer (EXCEPT for the black shade which is patchy and quite sheer, probably better wet). The palest shade is essentially colorless, but quite sparkly and soft in texture. Endless Shine is more pigmented, similar to the other Iridescent quints. Nice, soft shadows. The reason why I wasn't keen on Endless Shine was because all four of the outer shades seemed too similar to one another to warrant $60.

Gloss: I only saw the Pink Stiletto gloss, since the black gloss is a Sephora exclusive. The Pink Stiletto is a very sheer pink, not much color at all. But it has the PRETTIEST gold shimmer to it. However, I might be a little biased because I LOVE Dior's Addict glosses.
blush-anim-cl.gif
They are my absolute HG gloss formula, and even beat Chanel glossimers in my book.

Long story short, I only went home with Pink Stiletto gloss. And I'm happy. Haha.
smiles.gif

anita22

^Thanks for the review!

The holiday colour collection doesn't seem to have hit UK counters yet, though they do have the red holiday palettes out. I deliberated over getting the large red Cannage palette as the eyeshadows seemed like colours I'd wear all the time, but the blush shade was very sheer and the lipgloss a lot brighter than I'd like, so I passed. Instead I got the small red Cannage eye palette. It's neutral but leaning towards cool tones - a shimmery icy pink, shimmery platinum taupe, a satiny deep cool brown and a gunmetal shimmer. Not exciting, but a good staple.

I'm very tempted to pick up the Pink Gold Miniaudiere when it comes out, but not sure I can bring myself to pay 59 pounds..! There are so many other better value holiday sets out it seems a shame to spend that much.

cetati

I'm not grabbing any of the holiday items, but I picked up the Green Designer Quint in the Sephora sale. I can't wait to get my hands on it when it get here!

purrtykitty

I received my Timeless Gold and Czarina Gold Vernis, and so far I've only been able to try out Timeless Gold. It is a really pretty neutral, metallic gold. Warm lighting picks up the yellow tones, and cool lighting picks up the silvery tones.

FYI - Timeless Gold is on Sephora's website, but it's listed as Gold Revolution (the product that arrives is TG). I was super pissed to find that out. I'm pretty sure that when Aztec Chocolate arrives is going to end up being Czarina Gold, and I will be pissed off all over again.

Honey&LemonGirl

Yeah, I noticed that on the Sephora website. They also have the black lame gloss mislabeled as black tie or something like that. The numbers still match up correctly though, so I've been going with that instead of with the names.

Miss QQ

I saw the holiday collection today. The two minaudiere palettes are beautifully packaged. Timeless Gold is beautiful, and reminds me of a less metallic Kaleidoscope. Endless Shine quint didn't impress me but Five Golds is gorgeous. The gold and bronze shades in Five Golds are too warm for my liking, but I think it is the star item in this collection.

anita22

Has anyone tried/tested the newest Diorskin Nude foundation? It comes in a compact and is described as a gel-creme texture... Seems to be a recent addition and I can't find any reviews. I love the other Nude foundations I've tried (the liquid and loose powder), so really interested in hearing how this one compares.

Thanks!

MoGiselle

I tihnk im the only one who thinks that chanel's eyeshadow are overrated and pricey.
I brought one palette for my best friend birthday and when I went it to play with it.
It was powder and I have seen better pigmentation at a drugstore. I sometimes think
that the chanel eyeshadow are more praised because its CHANEL and not because
the product itself IMO

StarrySim

Anyone with Dior Diva experience? I have 210 Diva points, and I have until February. Should I spend more and redeem at 250 pts, or just do 100 pts twice?

From Dior's (new) website:

Adorable Diva - 100 points
Receive deluxe travel sizes of Dior best sellers in an adorable mini Dior shopping bag.

Diva Deluxe - 250 points
Receive a full-size of Dior’s award-winning Diorshow Mascara in a couture-inspired pouch plus a deluxe travel mini.

SarahBunny

Spend the extra $40 and you'll get a real cute case! I've done it a couple times and I always get the 250 and the 100. The 250 is the more exciting of the two, I think. One year I got a travelling case for my lipstick, mascara and brushes and one year I got a travelling set of three different size bags with a tassel. I really love them!

StarrySim

I think I'd rather get more deluxe samples rather than bags... I guess I'll see, if I really do want to buy some Dior in the next few months, then I'll redeem for the 250. On the new redemption form, there's no option to redeem two times at the same level, i think on the old one there was.