Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Beautyglitter

DIOR ROUGE new lip gloss for 2015

I think this will replace dior rouge creme de gloss, and they look like chanel LÈVRES SCINTILLANTES lip gloss so much.
crybaby.gif
I'm so curious how the formula will be!

Couldn't resist to share this one last look that I made with the Golden Shock palette!

SlugPower

One thing I've noticed with these reformulations and new products, most of the displays are getting so cluttered and how not informative they are.

I know my way around Dior's eyes, lip and cheek products, so I know what they're all for and what they do. However, when I was checking them the other day, the way they're displayed and the way they're decribed isn't informative. If I didn't know beforehand, I wouldn't know what most of them were for.

It's especially noticeable (for me) around the foundation and powder sections. I use powders from other brands because I'm supper allergic and I don't feel like trying something new. Last time I did try something new, I got out of the Dior counter looking quite fabulous, but a few hours later, I touched my face I felt my skin oil rioting. It's not the brand, it's me. It was the same when I tried benefit and the least said about how the MAC experience went the better.

Reading Beautyglitter's post, I wonder exactly what powders are going to change and I had no idea until I checked throughly the online site. Even so, I have no idea what all these powders and foundations are for. So it solidified my view on the displays. For someone who understands what they're looking for, they are easy to navigate, but for those that are relatively new or relatively casual, the Dior display is intimidating. It calls out for people with its colours and many products, but then what to chose?

The only one which I've felt displayed things well was at a Dior flagship makeup store, which was double the size of a normal one, so it had them well organised. Even then, the descriptions stay unhelpufully the same. I'd have to ask an assistant. That's fine on Dior's flagship store and the bigger department stores because they always have someone that knows what they're talking about. What about those stores like Sephora though? They have many SAs, but they're not specific and they don't know more than I do (for example). Like clockwork, I've gone there asking for new products and they never know what I'm talking about. Sometimes there's a Dior SA, but they're not specific to stores, I've crossed paths with them on accident, while they were doing inventory and stuff.

Somehow, I feel like they should rehaul the displays. Maybe this is a problem in my country and not in the rest though.

Medgal07

The Nude Air Line will replace the other nude compacts ( poudre compact, tan powder and tan matte powder )!

Couldn't resist to share this one last look that I made with the Golden Shock palette!
So, so pretty. I love it!!!

MissTania

The Nude Air Line will replace the other nude compacts ( poudre compact, tan powder and tan matte powder )!

eyelove.gif
Beautifully done, it looks stunning on you and enhances your eye colour
flower.gif

Pippilotta

I saw the collection today. I might get Fairy Grey, but I didn't buy it today. I had my heart set on Lady, but it didn't work with my skintone. Money saved!

mkoparanova

I got Fairy Grey and the lip and cheek glow. I tried the lip and cheek glow on my lips and it looks very pretty and it's really long lasting, I haven't tried it as a blush yet. However, the eyeshadow is really disappointing for me. It looks gorgeous in the pan and on hand swatches, but it doesn't look good on my eyelids. I tried it with mac 239 and it doesn't transfer on the skin at all, then I tried with my finger with no success again. I applied with a wet brush but it looks too frosty and sparkly and not in the good way. I used base, then I tried over a different eyshadow, it just doesn't work for me. It's a shame because it looks so beautiful. If anyone has succeeded in doing makeup with it, I would love to receive some advice.

Beautyglitter

My Kingdom of Colors swatches and looks:

Majesty, my favorite nail polish at the moment. Very cute color for spring!

Majesty + Eclosion topcoat!

And two looks with the eyeshadow palette in House of Green:

When I swatched the palette, the pigmentation was not bad. But then I made these looks
and the colors were so much brighter and more pigmentated!

mango13

When I swatched the palette, the pigmentation was not bad. But then I made these looks
I love your eyeshadow looks!!! I'm glad the pigmentation ended up being good. I haven't had the best luck with Dior quints. What are your thoughts on the top coat? Is it easy to spread the confetti evenly? I'm pretty excited for the top coat I think will work beautifully with so many different polishes.

Beautyglitter

I love your eyeshadow looks!!! I'm glad the pigmentation ended up being good. I haven't had the best luck with Dior quints. What are your thoughts on the top coat? Is it easy to spread the confetti evenly? I'm pretty excited for the top coat I think will work beautifully with so many different polishes.
Thank you!! I definitely recommend the top coat! One coat is more than enough, because the confetti spreads very evenly!

Here is a better picture, 2 coats Majesty and just one coat Eclosion! You can also build it up
but I don't think it would be necessary. :)

SlugPower

Let me ask you something, if you don't mind. How is the consistency of majesty? I liked the colour but it might have been the tester I checked, it was very transsparent. So it's a solid creme instead?

mango13

Thank you!! I definitely recommend the top coat! One coat is more than enough, because the confetti spreads very evenly!

Here is a better picture, 2 coats Majesty and just one coat Eclosion! You can also build it up
but I don't think it would be necessary. :)
That looks great! I'm happy that it only needs one coat. I was a bit concerned that anything after one coat may start looking goopey.

Beautyglitter

Let me ask you something, if you don't mind. How is the consistency of majesty? I liked the colour but it might have been the tester I checked, it was very transsparent. So it's a solid creme instead?
The best way to describe the consistency is a gel creme! My first mistake was applying the nail polish too thick, it was transparent and it hours to dry.
But with lighter colors like this, you have to layer the nail polish as thin as possible, especially with the Dior Vernis formula! In that way I got the best result :)

Pippilotta

I saw pictures of the cruise collection yesterday. The quints are familiar - there's one looking very close to the old Stylisk Move, and another with a white in the centre and a greenish blue, a brown, and as far as I remember a yellow. (Sorry, don't remember the last color). I thought the colors looked rather heavy (read: muddy) for summer. The lipsticks and nail polishes are the usual suspects for summer (bright red, pink and orange). I know the blushers will interest this board, but I didn't pay any attention to them. I'll go back next week and report!
type.gif

Oh, and then there's a "tye-dye" topcoat that's meant to "shade" the polish, and probably is a lot of fun if you're a teenager. I am sorry, if I sound negative, but I am not happy with the prospect of Peter Phillips "mudding out" every single makeup item from my beloved Dior as he did for Chanel. BTW, the SA told me that Raf Simons and Peter Phillips are childhood friends, and that should be the reason why PP got to take over the Dior cosmetics.

Medgal07

I got Fairy Grey and the lip and cheek glow. I tried the lip and cheek glow on my lips and it looks very pretty and it's really long lasting, I haven't tried it as a blush yet. However, the eyeshadow is really disappointing for me. It looks gorgeous in the pan and on hand swatches, but it doesn't look good on my eyelids. I tried it with mac 239 and it doesn't transfer on the skin at all, then I tried with my finger with no success again. I applied with a wet brush but it looks too frosty and sparkly and not in the good way. I used base, then I tried over a different eyshadow, it just doesn't work for me. It's a shame because it looks so beautiful. If anyone has succeeded in doing makeup with it, I would love to receive some advice.
​I'm loving the Lip & cheek glow but I prefer just using it on my cheeks. It's great under foundation and gives that glow-from-within look. It does stain and the only thing
that gets it off w/o a lot of harsh scrubbing is my Algenist Melting Cleanser. It also stains the fingers so I blend it with a beard sponge.

Sorry to hear the eyeshadow didn't work out. I passed on them.

Medgal07

BEAUTIFUL!!! I absolutely love the color combinations. I'm particularly attracted to the pastels
love.gif
I will in all likelihood pick up the NPs.

ThatGaze

Soo pretty!

Now I need to check House of Greens!
Have you tried Pinks as well?

MissTania

Dior-World-of-Pastels-Collection-2015-Spring.jpg

Source: http://chicprofile.com/2015/01/dior-world-of-pastels-spring-summer-2015-collection.html

Apparently Japan exclusive:

Dior World of Pastel Spring 2015 Collection

5 Couleurs Eyesahdow Palette – New & Limited Edition

• #346 Pastel Breeze
My Lady Blush – New & Limited Edition

• 006 Pink
  • 007 Peach
Dior Addict Lipstick

• #425 Summer Sunset
Dior Vernis

• #122 Freppy Nude
  • #585 Poppy Pink