Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Medgal07

Yup we do!! I have to look into the import export options
lmao.gif
!!
th_roll1.gif
#buyalltheblushes!!!

Medgal07

You are welcome! Me too, especially with trying to keep up with what has been released here and in America!

I googled the Dior USA site to try and work it out, but I got redirected here:

http://www.dior.com/beauty/en_int/fragrance-and-beauty/makeup/look-exclusives/christmas-2015-look/fr-stateofgold-christmas2015look.html

This seems to be the full collection. I don't recall seeing the peach blush here but I will have to check again.

I ended up with the Pink HL, the Blush in Rose Sublime and the pink nail polish in 454 Secret.
icon_eek.gif

I am very happy with them all, and the HL compact is so beautiful and luxurious I am now even contemplating the gold one (I should have some gift vouchers shortly to ease my guilt).

I will go back and see if I end up buying more - it's likely!

I really hope the quality and texture is exactly the same
love.gif

icon_eek.gif
Decisions decisions!
girlhaha.gif

worms.gif
I have opened up an international can of worms here!
girlhaha.gif
You are just so kind!

I can now see why the blush was getting no love within this thread, it isn't available in the USA
icon_eek.gif

I can help too if anyone feels their stash requires this new acquisition or is worried about running out of blush in the next 500- 600 years
heart.gif
Yes I saw that too on the site and surmised that was the entire collection. Your haul sound just lovely!!! The only thing that I've ordered is the gold cream eyeshadow.

mkoparanova

This is pretty!! I just saw the collection and didn't pay any attention to the gloss
ohboy.gif
The blush is very pigmented and it'll be too dark on me. It also pulls dark pink on my skin, not rose like it looks in the pan. The shimmer might not last long on the face.

MissTania

Yes I saw that too on the site and surmised that was the entire collection. Your haul sound just lovely!!! The only thing that I've ordered is the gold cream eyeshadow.
Oh Meddy, just one item? I suppose I should congratulate you lol
girlhaha.gif

I hope you love it! Is it still on the way or do you have it?

I have Fantastique on my mind...
love.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Haviggi

It's really beautiful!!
thud.gif
love.gif
th_e2cloud9.gif

Medgal07

Oh Meddy, just one item? I suppose I should congratulate you lol
girlhaha.gif

I hope you love it! Is it still on the way or do you have it?

I have Fantastique on my mind...
love.gif

thud.gif
love.gif
th_e2cloud9.gif
Yes, surprisingly. That was the only item that seemed really unique to my collection this time around. Fantastique is gorgeous but I have so many similar lippies that I'm just not reaching for.....product overload.

SandraVB79

Here it's 18-19°C. So many people are already dressed for Siberian winter. I don't understand that. What are they going to do when it gets actually cold???

Icecaramellatte

I swatched testers of the 2 highlighters and the blush, I would have probably bought the pink one, but the stock was not in yet.

1st 2 pics- in store in terrible dim lighting, last 2 pics- were on the train home with indoor/outdoor mixed lighting as I was near a window.

Top to Bottom - Blush, Pink HL, Gold HL

L-R - Gold HL , Pink HL, Blush

Top to Bottom - Gold HL Pink HL,

L-R - Gold HL Pink HL,

I think I put less of the Gold HL on as I was more interested in the pink, as you can see it is barely visible in the first pics in the store (the lights were unusually dimmed in the store).

The texture was not smooth like Chanel's silky Holiday blush HL, but it did not seem as awful and chalky as last years Dior offerings.

The SA did not confirm the price for me, he thought it might be around 90 AUD, which is about what I would be willing to pay.

I'll call one of the Dior make-up boutiques who probably already have it in stock to confirm the price tomorrow.

The pink seemed more unique to me and I will probably buy it, however as for the gold I will definitely skip. I was not amazed.

The blush was soft and pigmented, it had a pink berry vibe - I will need to check it out again. I do not need more blush
icon_eek.gif
- but it was really pretty.

I also swatched Fantastique lipstick, it was very pretty but I have so many hot pinks/fuschias so I think I will skip.

Just found some good swatches here too:

http://www.beyondblush.com/2015/10/dior-diorific-mat-velvet-colour-lipsticks-holiday.html
I checked in this thread to see about the holiday highlighters. The pink looks nice but I don't know if it would work for me. I'll take a look next time I'm at a counter.

MissTania

I checked in this thread to see about the holiday highlighters. The pink looks nice but I don't know if it would work for me. I'll take a look next time I'm at a counter.
I hope it works out for you! I was more interested in the Spring ones, but the packaging and pretty swatch pushed me over the edge and I purchased. Will wear it out tonight I think!

SandraVB79

The other day I was at the department store. I tried the new Guerlain Meteorites (the holiday one) and was not convinced at all. Yes, nice to look at but will probably never use, so I don't think I will spend all that money just to look at it. So I walked a bit further, ended up at Dior, and bought a LOT from the holiday collection: - the blush - the gold highlighter - eye shadow - eternal gold - vernis mystere - vernis gris-or - that gold top coat np She also wanted to sell me the Nectar and the day cream of the Prestige skin series, but I find that way too expensive. I got lots and lots of samples + everything was gift-wrapped in a beautiful Dior box. Really happy with my purchases (and since I paid with Visa, Im in denial about the cost...)

DMcG9

So many people are already dressed for Siberian winter. I don't understand that. What are they going to do when it gets actually cold???
That's insane. That is a cool summer day. We had some of that warm weather here too this week but last night the temps started to fall back again (pun not intended but it works).