Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Tavia

Dior Budoir Look Collection for Spring 2010 -New info and p

Hi girls!
New Photos and Information about Dior Makeup Spring 2010 Collection. Most of the items are Limited Edition. The collection will be launched in the mid of January 2010.The collection contains:
  • Poudrier Dentelle
  • 2 Eyeshadow Palettes (Coquette / Pearl Glow)
  • Eyeshadow Duo (Boudoir Look)
  • Crayon Eyeliner
  • Dior Lip Polish
  • Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect (2 new shades)
  • Addict High Color Lipstick (4 shades -2 of the are Limited Edition)
  • Dior Blush
  • Cream True Rose
  • Dior Vernis (2 colors)
  • Skin Flash Primer
Enjoy!

Miss QQ

Re: Dior Budoir Look Collection for Spring 2010 -New info and p

I saw this collection! I love Poudrier Dentelle, the face powder, probably will get the pink one. I also love love love Coquette! The shades are matte but so wearable and beautiful. Love the taupes! I hope to purchase them soon!

euphrosyne_rose

Re: Dior quint Mystic Smokys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAtFirstSight
Sephora: Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow - Mystic Smokys 004: Eyeshadow Sets

that's the link for Dior Mystic Smokys. It's out now I believe, althought on sephora it's temporarily out of stock

Wow, thanks. I haven't been on Sephora lately so I guess it's something that just came out recently. It's SOOO pretty!
greengrin.gif

anita22

They were just putting up this collection at Heathrow airport yesterday, that was fortunate timing for me! I LOVE the quint with blue/purple in it (I think it's Pearl Glow?). The sales assistant swatched the shades for me and they're smooth and pigmented. They're just bright enough to be interesting, but not too bright for the office. The Poudre Dentelles looked lovely although the shades are quite light, I'm not sure if they'd show up on me..

Miss QQ

Yes, that quint is Pearl Glow. I am torn between Coquette and Pearl Glow. Both are pigmented and wearable. The Poudrier Dentelle are basically highlighters IMO. The pink one gives a more brightening effect while the peach one almost blends into my skin, and only the shimmers are visible. I have not picked up anything yet and will probably purchase one of the quints.

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Yes, that quint is Pearl Glow. I am torn between Coquette and Pearl Glow. Both are pigmented and wearable. The Poudrier Dentelle are basically highlighters IMO. The pink one gives a more brightening effect while the peach one almost blends into my skin, and only the shimmers are visible. I have not picked up anything yet and will probably purchase one of the quints.

The Coquette also looks pretty! I am also tempted to get both, but as I don't have many blue or silver shades already, I think my heart is set on Pearl Glow. I think I will also get the Vintage Rose blush (the swatches on Temptalia look so pretty), and perhaps a lipstick.

MzzRach

I broke down and ordered the Coquette eyeshadow quint today. I adore the colours, especially after seeing KarlaSugar's fab swatches. I know I will use these shadows a lot which is the reason I justified it.

The other items in the collection are also beautiful, but I was able to resist. Had to have those shadows, though.
blush-anim-cl.gif

anita22

^ I am seriously tempted by the Coquette quad, even though I already bought the Pearl Glow. I've decided to wait another month and if I still can't live without it I'll get it! One can never have too many neutrals. I also got the Vintage Rose blush, and two of the lipsticks.

iheartangE

Does anyone know if Macy's will be getting this? I want to make another purchase but I'll wait if it means I can get the Coquette quint as well
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
^ I am seriously tempted by the Coquette quad, even though I already bought the Pearl Glow. I've decided to wait another month and if I still can't live without it I'll get it! One can never have too many neutrals. I also got the Vintage Rose blush, and two of the lipsticks.

Coquette looks like the item to have in this collection! I resist it, and will see if I can hold on. I still love the colours very much.
sigh.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
^ I am seriously tempted by the Coquette quad, even though I already bought the Pearl Glow. I've decided to wait another month and if I still can't live without it I'll get it!

That's also my plan!! Coquette is seriously gorgeous... if I can I'll pick it next month!!

Veela

Re: Come out, you Dior foundation wearers!

I have the Dior forever compact too and I just wanted to add a note about it. I'm oily and I found it way too "moist" for me, I guess as the name implies. LOL It does last a looong time, though, and the finish is smooth. Anyway, I just wanted to say, imo, this is best for dry or normal-skinned gals. =) Maybe that's helpful if anyone is trying to decide...

anita22

Well, I was just about to cave and get the Coquette quint (yah, so much for waiting a month, lol) but my lovely, sweet hubby picked it up for me as a Valentine's present <3 He doesn't normally ever buy me makeup, even as a gift (I think makeup counters bewilder him somewhat, hehe) but he missed Valentine's day as he was on a 36-hour journey, and managed to track down the very last one in Changi airport duty free. Very sweet!!

Anyway, so the colours are a little softer on than I imagined, but it's a lovely, soft, wearable look. Not too warm, not too cool, just a soft neutral eye. I'm glad I got this, it's very different from the Pearl Glow quint but just as nice.

MzzRach

Anita, that was so sweet of your husband! I hope you had a fab valentine's day.

I actually returned my Coquette quint. *gasp* I know, I was just disappointed in the pigmentation, it was much sheerer than I anticipated. For the $$$ - I want some nicely pigmented shadows! Pearl Glow looks like it has stronger pigment, but all the shades are shimmery. In a palette like this, I prefer a mix of the 2 textures.

I got the Chanel Kaska Beige quad to console myself.
winkiss.gif

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Anita, that was so sweet of your husband! I hope you had a fab valentine's day.

I actually returned my Coquette quint. *gasp* I know, I was just disappointed in the pigmentation, it was much sheerer than I anticipated. For the $$$ - I want some nicely pigmented shadows! Pearl Glow looks like it has stronger pigment, but all the shades are shimmery. In a palette like this, I prefer a mix of the 2 textures.

I got the Chanel Kaska Beige quad to console myself.
winkiss.gif

Oh, that's a shame it didn't work out for you... I agree, it's not all that pigmented, though personally I'm fine with it. I'm glad you found something else that suits you, that quad has also been on my lemming list for a while now... definitely a better option if you like mix of textures
smiles.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Well, I was just about to cave and get the Coquette quint (yah, so much for waiting a month, lol) but my lovely, sweet hubby picked it up for me as a Valentine's present <3 He doesn't normally ever buy me makeup, even as a gift (I think makeup counters bewilder him somewhat, hehe) but he missed Valentine's day as he was on a 36-hour journey, and managed to track down the very last one in Changi airport duty free. Very sweet!!

Anyway, so the colours are a little softer on than I imagined, but it's a lovely, soft, wearable look. Not too warm, not too cool, just a soft neutral eye. I'm glad I got this, it's very different from the Pearl Glow quint but just as nice.

That's sooo sweet from your hubby!!
th_e2cloud9.gif

I just adore when mine does it because I know it's not that easy for him either!!
To me is almost a "ultimate proof" of love.
heart.gif

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
That's sooo sweet from your hubby!!
th_e2cloud9.gif

I just adore when mine does it because I know it's not that easy for him either!!
To me is almost a "ultimate proof" of love.
heart.gif

Aww... well, he is welcome to "prove his love" to me in makeup anytime, lol
tong.gif
Seriously though, I agree with you, it's a very sweet gesture to step outside your comfort zone for someone
heart.gif

cetati

I've done a look and review for Pearl Glow.

IMG_3811.jpg

Close ups and pictures of the actual item in good lighting (it looks very true to life, the colors) over yonder:

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetati
I've done a look and review for Pearl Glow.

Close ups and pictures of the actual item in good lighting (it looks very true to life, the colors) over yonder:

Love it!! These are great colours on you! I also wore my Pearl Glow palette today too, I'm in love with the blue and purple shades
yes.gif