Dior Cosmetics Discussion

stv578

Re: Addicted to Dior - Summer 2010 Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I loved the colours, but was really dissappointed with the level of pigment. For $58 USD, I expect some nice strong pigment. I find the Dior shadows vary, so will swatch the summer ones before purchasing.

I completely agree with this. I don't have too many Dior shadows, but have a few palettes, one wears exceptionally well and is so pigmented, one was pigmented enough but creased horribly after a few hours, and one was so-so payoff wise.

Miss QQ

I only have three Dior quints; Iridescent Leather (newly acquired), Graphic lights and Electric lights (both from last summer). I haven't try IL yet, but I'm excited because I've heard nice things about it. I find some quints have very similar colours housed in one quint, and this deters me from buying.
th_dunno.gif

Miss QQ

This collection will be available at my counters on 10 May, as written in a magazine. Bring on the summer collection!
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

Dior sent me a mail saying that there will be a price increase from 1 May 2010 and it is due to an "international campaign".
th_confused_new.gif

That probably means that the summer collection costs more.

mac_aiken

I was so excited to see this on all the blogs and started saving for what I knew was going to be a big haul. Then my Nordies got this in and I took a look. I am sorry to say that IRL I was definitely underwhelmed. The quints are pretty but nothing special and very dupeable. The lipgloss compact is gorgeous but the glosses are very sheer so basically you are paying $60 for the packaging. My Nordies only got the pink version and I would still like to see the coral version.
Oh well, money saved I guess.

Shadowy Lady

I saw the quads IRL today as well and I agree with MAC_airken, pass for me

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I saw the quads IRL today as well and I agree with MAC_airken, pass for me

Oh no! May i ask why?
ssad.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
Oh no! May i ask why?
ssad.gif

None of the shades in either quad where stand outs to me. I felt like I could dupe them all. I also didn't think either quad had all pigmented colours. I wish they had brought something with the quality of Night Butterfly back
ssad.gif

stv578

I was this collection over the weekend, and fell in love with the one quint, Crush glow I think. Also, they had some new glosses on the same display, I don't think they're LE, but I ended getting one, maybe 247? Not sure exactly, but it is a super gorgeous pale peachy pink shade, more pigmented than the regular glosses. I didn't test out any of the rest, but the sales rep told me the new one's are supposed to be more opaque. I'm thrilled with both of these items1

Miss QQ

I was so surprised to see the summer collection out so early when I was at the counter today! I like the two colours on the left in crush glow - taupe and gold. Ready to glow looks dupeable to me. The stand out is the single e/s, golden spotlight! It is like made out of micro gold glitters that change colour as they catch the light and they don't feel gritty at all, but smooth like liquid metallic.
drools.gif
Way nicer than the style black mes which have glitters everywhere.

stv578

I tried out Crush Glow finally and adore it! I used four of five shades (the odd purple-y taupe colour didn't look all that great). I found the shades to be decently pigmented and as is generally the case with Dior, they applied beautifully. The brown in particular was plenty pigmented and the pale pink colour has a super gorgeous iridescent finish to it. I'm quite happy with this, though I've found that being a lot more selective with my purchases lately has payed off.

Miss QQ

Was the look you created very warm? I love the purpley taupe shade in Crush Glow but I haven't tried it in any looks and I didn't buy the quint yet as I think it may be too warm. When I swatched, the colours were pigmented.
yes.gif

stv578

I'd say the overall look was on the warmer side, but it wasn't overly so since the colours are still pretty neutral. I mostly used the pale pink and brown shade, with the gold in the crease and the corally colour (which was the least pigmented of the bunch) just in the middle of my lid. I personally don't like my eye make-up to be too warm or cool, but I do like nice rich shades.

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Was the look you created very warm? I love the purpley taupe shade in Crush Glow but I haven't tried it in any looks and I didn't buy the quint yet as I think it may be too warm. When I swatched, the colours were pigmented.
yes.gif

I agree with stv578. The colors in Crush Glow are not tooo warm (but definitely warmer than Ready To Glow).
The taupe shadow is my least favorite in the palette. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE taupes but this one has like a pink duochrome to it that it kinda just takes away from the taupe color. I would've liked something a little more true taupe, less pink. Just my opinion though ^^

Also..am I the only one that hates that these don't contain ANY matte shadows? At least one matte would be nice =/

Miss QQ

^^
iagree.gif
I do not like it that all the shades are shimmery because the whole eye look would be flat. I prefer eye palettes with a mix of finishes.

I was at the counter playing with the collection again and the Addicted to Dior jeweled lip gloss duo suddenly caught my eye this time. I didn't think I would want it but on second thoughts, I think it looks so cute hanging from my bag.
tong.gif

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
^^
iagree.gif
I do not like it that all the shades are shimmery because the whole eye look would be flat. I prefer eye palettes with a mix of finishes.

Totally agree - I like a mix of textures in my eyeshadow palettes as well.

anita22

So the summer collection seems to have hit the UK now. I got the Ready to Glow quint and love it..! I had a little play with it before. My first impression of this palette was that it was more cool-toned, but having played with it now I think it's a good balance between cool and warm. The peach colour shows up on me as a much warmer colour than I expected, sort of like a coppery apricot. So if I pair it with the deep bronzey brown then it's very much a warm, bronzey, beachy type of look. The light taupe is quite neutral and pairs well with the grey for a simple, office-friendly soft smoky eye. The light pink is a good highlight colour, or else pairs with the grey for a cooler look. On the whole, I'm very happy.

Miss QQ

I came back with Golden Spotlight today, the gold shimmery e/s single. It sold out at the first counter and I bought it at another counter. Proud to say that I resisted the lip duo.
winks.gif
I'm done with this collection. Must stay strong.
yes.gif

Latest posts