Dior Cosmetics Discussion

cetati

Re: Dior Budoir Look Collection for Spring 2010 -New info and p

Thank you! you should post a look.
smiles.gif

MzzRach

Re: Dior Budoir Look Collection for Spring 2010 -New info and p

Cetati - Pearl glow is gorgeous on you! You're so pretty.

MzzRach

Miss QQ

Re: Addicted to Dior - Summer 2010 Collection

Both quints look fabulous, but I'm more attracted to Ready to Glow. I'm also liking the Addicted to Pink lip palette. Dior is also having new shades in the Dior Addict Ultra Gloss line. I think they will be released before the summer collection?

I didn't pick up anything from the spring collection. Proud of myself, and now I hope something from the summer collection is worth parting my money for.

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Saw some promo pics of this collection on some blogs - how gorgeous does this collection look?

Addicted to Dior Summer 2010 Makeup Collection by Dior | MakeUp4All, Ladies Beauty

Addicted to Dior Summer 2010: A Video Sneak Peek: Makeup and Beauty Blog: Makeup Reviews, Beauty Tips and Drugstore Beauty Finds

I'm hoping the shadow quints are more highly pigmented than the Coquette quint from the Spring collection.

Thanks for this! I am really liking Crush Glow, but will have to wait to see it in person. Unfortunately, I've found Dior e/s palettes to be hit and miss in terms of wear and pigmentation.

anita22

Yay, I'm glad you made a thread on this collection
smiles.gif
I'm dying to get Ready to Glow. Crush Glow is a little bit too pinky for my taste, but Ready to Glow looks just perfect for a go-to summer palette. I think these are supposed to be Iridescent formula so hopefully will be nicely pigmented like the other Iridescent quints I have..

LMD84

both the quints look lovely!
smiles.gif
and the golden shadow!
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

After seeing some swatches available at some blogs, I like the bottom left mauve colour in Crush Glow very much. The gold at the top left is beautiful too. Hope to see swatches of Ready to Glow soon! It was Dior Cristal collection for summer 2009 that got me to start liking Dior makeup, so I'm excited for this year's summer collection!

stv578

I've been staring at pics of both palettes, and honestly love them both. I may have to get the two. I've saved enough points for a $75 purchase at Shoppers, so I can probably get both of them and only end up spending about $40 or so dollars (not sure of the exact cost of Dior palettes).

I've really been using my quads and quints a lot lately, just so much easier in the mornings!

mizuki~

Is this already out in the US? I saw tempttalia do a review on Crush Glow, which is absolutely beautiful!

....must....have....crush.....glow....
choochoo.gif

wannabelyn

Ready to glow and crush glow is available online at Nordstroms.

I'm dying to see a swatches and reviews for Ready to Glow.

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I've been staring at pics of both palettes, and honestly love them both. I may have to get the two. I've saved enough points for a $75 purchase at Shoppers, so I can probably get both of them and only end up spending about $40 or so dollars (not sure of the exact cost of Dior palettes).

I've really been using my quads and quints a lot lately, just so much easier in the mornings!

Wait until a bonus redemption day, and you'll make that $100!

I will try to resist, but Ready to Glow is calling my name.

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I'm hoping the shadow quints are more highly pigmented than the Coquette quint from the Spring collection.

Is Coquette that bad? I bought it for my mom for Mother's Day. She doesn't usually wear shadow, so I guess a more subtle look will be better for her. But I'm a little worried if it's not good quality. I did get her TFSI to go with it, so I'm hopeful. I got the Pearl Glow for myself, and I do love it.

cetati

Though this is not exactly part of this collection but rather is a permanent new formula, it released at my counters with the same display so I'm posting this here. I am actually not putting up the review for this on my site until tomorrow but I thought I'd sneak you gals a preview here
winks.gif

These are called "Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Pearl"

IMG_4495.jpg

IMG_4498.jpg

IMG_4507.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

It's way more shimmery and gorgeous in real life. The formula is great and non-sticky. I quite love it!

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks for the pics. What shade is this? Looks like a beautiful red. I bought the Glow gloss, Satin Peach, 236. The Glow series have little/no shimmer, and this is not sticky too.

cetati

Sorry I forgot the shade---but it's Little Red Dress.I LOVE IT. It is so appropriate.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
Is Coquette that bad? I bought it for my mom for Mother's Day. She doesn't usually wear shadow, so I guess a more subtle look will be better for her. But I'm a little worried if it's not good quality. I did get her TFSI to go with it, so I'm hopeful. I got the Pearl Glow for myself, and I do love it.

I loved the colours, but was really dissappointed with the level of pigment. For $58 USD, I expect some nice strong pigment. I find the Dior shadows vary, so will swatch the summer ones before purchasing.

Cetati - thanks for the preview & pics on the gloss. It looks gorgeous on you.

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
Wait until a bonus redemption day, and you'll make that $100!

I will try to resist, but Ready to Glow is calling my name.

I thought about the bonus redemption, but I guess it'll come down to timing! I don't think that SDM gets as many LE items in stock as the Bay, because they always seem to sell out of palettes quickly and the Bay will have them for weeks.
th_dunno.gif
I'm not even sure when this collection will be out here. I asked an associate at a Bay counter, and she had no idea what I was talking about, she directed me to the spring collection after I asked her when the summer collection would be available!

Latest posts