Early Buzz Regarding MAC Collections/Products Coming in 2010 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndSparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
true.

i don't think i'd want to see a disney princess one, the villains aren't really doing much for me and i'm a bit pissed off about the higher prices.
girl_devil.gif
it seems to me that disney dictated what was to happen and the result isn't as stellar as i was hoping for.

i'd love to see a horror-themed collection! can you imagine MAC doing bride of frankenstein? that would have me selling my little sister to pay for my haul!

iagree.gif

There's been no info on UK prices yet, so I can't really budget much or finalize my list - but if it's more then about £1-£2 more, then forget it. I'd rather spend my money on another collection, or another brand - no matter how much it's hyped up, at the end of the day, it's only Disney. Can you tell I'm not too fussed about the packaging?
lol.gif
This would be completely different if they had gone for the sketches on the packaging.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulynicole
Is it weird for me to want a wine/cranberry red fluidline with golden fine glitters?

I'd love that.. but I'm guessing cause of all the issues with red pigments and allergies/sensitivity it wouldn't be that useable/sellable?
ssad.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSparkle
iagree.gif

There's been no info on UK prices yet, so I can't really budget much or finalize my list - but if it's more then about £1-£2 more, then forget it. I'd rather spend my money on another collection, or another brand - no matter how much it's hyped up, at the end of the day, it's only Disney. Can you tell I'm not too fussed about the packaging?
lol.gif
This would be completely different if they had gone for the sketches on the packaging.....

i couldn't give a rat's ass about packaging. i really do object to shelling out more for something that will be handed back in to MAC for a permenant lipstick because that's all i can get for B2M at HOF
angry.gif
and the colours are so... meh.

and as for cranberry/wine fluidline with gold sparkles - i have no idea if i'd ever use it but i would HAVE to own it! berry shades are my latest love
love.gif

AndSparkle is right though - the red pigment issue would probably make it completely infeasible, but it's a great idea
greengrin.gif

AndSparkle

Quote:
i couldn't give a rat's ass about packaging. i really do object to shelling out more for something that will be handed back in to MAC for a permenant lipstick because that's all i can get for B2M at HOF
angry.gif
and the colours are so... meh.

and as for cranberry/wine fluidline with gold sparkles - i have no idea if i'd ever use it but i would HAVE to own it! berry shades are my latest love
love.gif

AndSparkle is right though - the red pigment issue would probably make it completely infeasible, but it's a great idea
greengrin.gif

I think it's a perm lipstick full stop in the UK. But I completely agree, I actually prefer everything in palettes if it's eyeshadows. And it rubs away on blushes and lipglosses etc anyway.. I don't see the point unless it's engraved so it can't run away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I can read so many great ideas in all discussion threads - I thought we should collect our ideas and wishes!
smiles.gif

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f165/d...3/#post2006898

Uhoh. I'll be there for hours! Thank you
greengrin.gif

spunky

Quote:
I think it's a perm lipstick full stop in the UK. But I completely agree, I actually prefer everything in palettes if it's eyeshadows. And it rubs away on blushes and lipglosses etc anyway.. I don't see the point unless it's engraved so it can't run away!

so it is a new policy? i've B2M'd loads of black LE lipsticks [and a GMLOL one by accident, hehehe]. that blows! couldn't they have made it permenant lippies, shadows and glosses? they're all roughly the same price and there's more to pick from that way.

yeah, but i think the way these are mean that once the colour has rubbed off it leaves a white 'base' if you get me?

man i'm having a moany day!
th_stormy.gif

AndSparkle

Quote:
so it is a new policy? i've B2M'd loads of black LE lipsticks [and a GMLOL one by accident, hehehe]. that blows! couldn't they have made it permenant lippies, shadows and glosses? they're all roughly the same price and there's more to pick from that way.

yeah, but i think the way these are mean that once the colour has rubbed off it leaves a white 'base' if you get me?

man i'm having a moany day!
th_stormy.gif

I have no idea tbh. It's just what I've heard :S And the funny thing is, that eyeshadows are cheaper then lipsticks!

And moany days are good.. let it all out
smiles.gif
th_hug.gif

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Fafinette14
Most Disney princesses are shown as wearing little to no makeup (they just "naturally" have thick lashes and pigmented lips), aside from Jasmine's obviously kohl-lined eyes and Mulan (for a very short time). The villains often are heavily made up in contrast. So while a princess-themed collection would be a great idea, the villain-themed collection is more workable.

I had not thought of it this way...it makes a lot of sense though. So maybe MAC is not just being stupid.
tong.gif

sunsetbeauty15

I was thinking if it was possible that an msf collection where half of it was for bronzer eg.. Comfort and the other half was a blush eg.. Stero rose
or
half blush and half highlight
smiles.gif

spunky

Quote:
I have no idea tbh. It's just what I've heard :S And the funny thing is, that eyeshadows are cheaper then lipsticks!

And moany days are good.. let it all out
smiles.gif
th_hug.gif

i know right? so silly!
hehe that's true. i'm all good now, getting excited about the morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbeauty15
I was thinking if it was possible that an msf collection where half of it was for bronzer eg.. Comfort and the other half was a blush eg.. Stero rose
or
half blush and half highlight
smiles.gif

you're MSF daft!
greengrin.gif
kinda like the MSF/MSFNs from a few years back? they would be so cool! they could even bring back some oldies for that idea!

AndSparkle

Quote:
i know right? so silly!

you're MSF daft!
greengrin.gif
kinda like the MSF/MSFNs from a few years back? they would be so cool! they could even bring back some oldies for that idea!

That's good! And so you should be, you're well lucky!
tong.gif

Anitacska

Quote:

I B2M-ed for 2 dazzlelipsticks without any problems just the other week, so don't think it's just permanent lipsticks you can B2M for.

ARmakeupjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
Agreed! I had always hoped if MAC did a Disney collection it would be a 2 parter, Princesses & Villains The same way the did with Hello Kittys Mild Kitty & Wild Kitty... dumb MAC
nope.gif

Excellent idea! That would have been a very large collection!!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska
I B2M-ed for 2 dazzlelipsticks without any problems just the other week, so don't think it's just permanent lipsticks you can B2M for.

as long as the b2m is in black tubing it's ok in the uk
smiles.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
as long as the b2m is in black tubing it's ok in the uk
smiles.gif

see i asked if i could get snazzy and they said no because it's a trend-based one. HOF can bite me! i want my LE black tubed lippies!

sunsetbeauty15

Quote:
i know right? so silly!

you're MSF daft!
greengrin.gif

Lol I go through pretty intense phases next month it'll be lipgloss or something :p

panther27

I love it!This is supposed to be the special luxe collection MAC does every year.Unlike all the other past luxe collections,I actually really like this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.