Early Buzz Regarding MAC Collections/Products Coming in 2011 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMD84

[quote name="BeckyBenett" url="/forum/thread/169827/early-buzz-regarding-mac-collections-products-coming-in-2011-discussion/1740#post_2090025"] thanks for enlightening me ladies!

hmm.. shall keep that in mind.. ill be on the lookout for LE ones to start off my pigment collection (but I dont think ill be able to go as crazy as i do for eyeshadows/blushes/lipsticks..

[/quote] you might be able to buy pigment samples. i know allcosmeticswholesale.com do them. that is how i started getting into pigments. then you can try loads of nice colours but they dont cost much :)

BeckyBenett

you might be able to buy pigment samples. i know allcosmeticswholesale.com do them. that is how i started getting into pigments. then you can try loads of nice colours but they dont cost much
smiles.gif
hah lou ure such an enabler! ill look at the website later tonight at home.. heehee..

spunky

thanks for enlightening me ladies!

hmm.. shall keep that in mind.. ill be on the lookout for LE ones to start off my pigment collection (but I dont think ill be able to go as crazy as i do for eyeshadows/blushes/lipsticks..
lou beat me to it, but definitely keep an eye out for pigment samples! just be careful because pigments are one of the most widely faked MAC items going. always buy from a trusted seller, and if possible, ask for pictures of the jar, lid AND sticker on the bottom :)

Anitacska

Just wanted to say to those who are interested in the Too Faced Sparkler Glamour Glosses that I've just received mine (I got the purple, blue and green ones) and they are really nice! Loving the purple one especially. I've also ordered the pink one, but that will take a while as it's coming from the US. The others are available on eBay (UK) for £5.99 each (free shipping).

2browneyes

I just realized that the Jenius, Sheen Supreme and Creamblush Collections are it until like May...Guess I should be able to save a good bit of $ since I have plans for the May collections from MAC and other brands.

bbgillian

I believe there are two sets of mineralize eyeshadow coming this year, one set contains 6 eyeshdow duo, and the other has 12 eyeshadow some of which look a lot like style black.

2browneyes

Not a huge fan of mineralize shadows...the only one I have is the Sea/Sky duo which I love more because of the color than the formula.

EngineerBarbie

Quote:
Not a huge fan of mineralize shadows...the only one I have is the Sea/Sky duo which I love more because of the color than the formula.
I agree. The only mineralize shadows I have are from the VV collection and I was more in love with the colors than how the product performed. Getting annoyed with them is what turned me on to pigments---I LOVE pigments!

rockin

I'm not a big fan of mineralised eyeshadows, but I do have the Venomous Villains ones and some of the Style Black ones. I don't have any of the 'normal' ones.

I do, however, have a lot of pigments and glitters. I think I have about 70 of those

spunky

remember Runyway Red lipstick that was all over NYFW? according to style.com it's going to be a matte finish. hopefully it'll not be ruby woo matte and take the top layer off your lips when you apply it!

LMD84

remember Runyway Red lipstick that was all over NYFW? according to style.com it's going to be a matte finish. hopefully it'll not be ruby woo matte and take the top layer off your lips when you apply it!
lol! that made me laugh so much! i love ruby woo but yes it is a little hard to apply because it is so dry!

Alisha1

I'm not a big fan of mineralised eyeshadows, but I do have the Venomous Villains ones and some of the Style Black ones. I don't have any of the 'normal' ones.

I do, however, have a lot of pigments and glitters. I think I have about 70 of those

I remember I was so obsessed with the VV mineral eyeshadow and after I bought I think I only wore it once! lol

katred

Specktra Bestie
LOL! I've never owned Ruby Woo because I figure that anything so dry that I find it difficult to swatch on my hand cannot do me any good. I think I tried Veruschka- which was one of the other retro mattes- and it took about half an hour and a lot of makeup remover to get it off me...

I'm hoping it's actually like the Mickey Contractor mattes, which are really much more akin to satin finishes.

BeckyBenett

im looking forward to getting myself some pigments.. thanks for the advice.. maybe ill pick some up from allcosmeticswholesale.com next month since mac is not coming up with anything new in April... My wallet can take a breather from all the collections.. Need to save up for BigBounce (Flighty) + Fashion Flower and Surf Baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.