Estee Lauder Warehouse SALE - Long Island

summerblue

Re: Long Island Estee Lauder warehouse sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen1
I also got a ticket from Stacey : )

I picked up a bunch of eye shadows. I bought some duplicates because one package had Bronze that I really wanted. I have an extra Coquette, Daisychain and Submarine if anyone wants to swap.

I also got a Dame Edna trio compact - crazy purple colors, but for $10 I couldn't resist! : )

Oh, Ellen you must have gone through earlier than I did to get the Bronze e/s; otherwise, maybe they put more out after I left.

Yes, the Dame Edna compacts. I recall there being a DE medium face powder, too. Neither of the compacts suited my coloring.

If no one wants to swap on specktra, try over at mua.

stacey131

So glad that everyone enjoyed themselves. I am busy working on getting tickets for different dates over the summer. Have a few people on other sites willing to trade with me. Just for the record- the sale is EVERY Saturday. Yeah- so happy that I live in Manhattan (the 1 hr drive is a deterrent). I am surprised at the "no going backwards" rule-- I have never experienced that. I have also gone around 10 times :) in one visit. I have found that the sale is very similar week to week, but month to month are very different. Also- hidden gems can be found on the tables. Meaning that there is just one or two of something really good. Plus the people that work there have NO CLUE about the products. They are warehouse personnel that can make extra $$$ working the sale.

summerblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey131
I am surprised at the "no going backwards" rule-- I have never experienced that. I have also gone around 10 times :) in one visit.

Yeah, Stacey, I was one of the people who got reprimanded! You know where the MAC e/s are in the bin (on the far/return side of the square before you pay?), well, I didn't know about this one direction rule & I didn't feel that it was that busy either (maybe because of being the day before Father's Day?), so I went down the side of the aisle w/ the e/s &, then, was going back on the other side of the aisle & the lady walking th floor reprimanded me & another woman saying that 'you're not allowed to go back, only forward, it's just too busy to go backwards.' I told her I didn't know that I had to stagger my shopping going in a forward-only direction. So she let me go back to the the beginning of the other side of aisle.

Stacey, are you sure you didn't go around 10 times in a forward direction? LOL!

And one gal who was online to be processed for checkout stepped out of line leaving her box in line to grab the grab bag & the security guard at the door said you're not allowed to pick this up in advance, but nasty!

Oh, and in the CCOs stores, they are not allowed to give you any advice. I understand that they are not be trained salespeople, but what's the harm if you ask them what color looks best on you?

Stacey, remember after reading the ticket w/ all the rules & regulations, I asked you if they would frisk me, well, it's such an uptight environment -- the environment matches the r & r printed on the admission slip!

Also, the CCO store is open to employees-only during the week & I believe that they get an additional employee discount. Pretty cool!

Great to know it's every Sat. When's your next availability for a ticket Stacey so I can run back & get those 4 items I want? Thanks! Janis

stacey131

I am so surprised! I go back and forth round and round. Have seriously spent 3 hours in there once. I don't know why they were so nasty. Really- I use my gm card as ID to get in most of the time...has always felt low-security to me. Oh well- who knows...maybe bad coffee that morning.

Anyway, am desperately trying to scrounge up more tix through trading with people. We'll see what comes through, but July 18th is looking promising.

Ellen1

I got to go back around the second time too.

I forgot to mention the best thing I found at the sale!!!

It was on one of the tables buried under some estee lauder brushes...I saw a black felt bag with a brush marked $5... I opended it to find a full size mac 129 with a silver handle! Did I mention it was five bucks??? I think I yelped! : )

summerblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen1
I saw a black felt bag with a brush marked $5... I opended it to find a full size mac 129 with a silver handle! Did I mention it was five bucks??? I think I yelped! : )

Ellen, how could you forget to mention this??? WOW, you lucky duck, you! Teach me to look more closely next time!
yes.gif

Boasorte

I'm so mad I can't go!
How much were single eyeshadows?

summerblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
I'm so mad I can't go!
How much were single eyeshadows?

MsWestcher, @ the Warehouse Sale, the MAC e/s were sold in pkg'd lots of 3 for $10, but remember 99% of them were not the most soft after colors. There were plenty of other shadows that were included in the EL, BB pkgs. -- the ones that were previously sold in dept. stores as GWP.

In the CCOs, a MAC e/s went for $10.25; less than a buck better than if got through MAC's online sale. The BB blue shimmerbrick e/s that was sold on QVC for $40 was $28. I wanted to confirm the original pricing, but it is no longer on the Q or BB's website.

global

Hey Summer blue, know what i paid $15/= for the Mac compact, how come you paid $10/= was it Mac or some other brand???

Globe Trotter

summerblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by global
Hey Summer blue, know what i paid $15/= for the Mac compact, how come you paid $10/= was it Mac or some other brand???

Globe Trotter

Hey global, I stand corrected. I just checked the box & it was $15.
yes.gif

Have so many boxes, gets confusing. Funny, my sticker was on the inside of the box.

Just hope your 'angry' mood isn't because you thought I paid less!
oh.gif

stacey131

Am going to sale tomorrow, will report any neat finds. Anyone else going??

iShadow

Quote:

I wish! Can you take pictures? I want to know what it's like! :p

Ellen1

Quote:

I am! I have been really lucky to meet people who are so generous with tickets. I want to get a backup 138 brush because I love the one I have. And of course more shadows! A gal can never have enough shadows!

I plan on getting there early and I would love to say hi so if you see a woman with curly long curly hair and a dunkin donuts mug, thet's me! : )

summerblue

Anyone have an extra ticket for Sat.? I want to get the 4 things in the CCO I didn't pick up last time ... then I'll be good to go!

tina_kaul

Hi,
Please let me know if u get any tickets in future, i will be happy to pick them from anywhere....thanx

Quote:
I have two extra tix that I am giving away for this Sat 6/20 in Hauppaugue. Here's the catch! It's too late to mail...so they need to be picked up from me tomorrow AM from my office at 52nd and Bway in NYC

INFALLIBLE86

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina_kaul
Hi,
Please let me know if u get any tickets in future, i will be happy to pick them from anywhere....thanx

YES ME 2 LOL. I REALLY WANT TO ATTEND THIS SALE. IF YOU HAVE ANY EXTRA TICKETS(2 OR JUST 1) JUST MESSAGE ME. THANK YOU.
yes.gif

iShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerblue

Oh, and in the CCOs stores, they are not allowed to give you any advice. I understand that they are not be trained salespeople, but what's the harm if you ask them what color looks best on you?

We can't do things like match foundation, but we can freely give our opinions.
smiles.gif

janbalderas

Hello All,

I have tix to the Estee Lauder warehouse sale. I will be away the weekend of 7/11 (saturday) and I would like to trade w/ someone else for tickets on another weekend. If not, I am willing to sell tix for $10 each....If your interested pls PM me.

global

Hi!! summer, thnals for sharing I feel much better that I am not robbed. I am enjoying the looks I created with these make up.

Could not wait to go back to NY again. But I am so over stocked with the stuff, maybe need not bye new make up for the next 10 years.

I also loved the book on Make up and beauty by Bobbi Brown, great tips and information.

Globe Trotter

Latest posts