Estee Lauder Warehouse SALE - Long Island

summerblue

Re: Long Island Estee Lauder warehouse sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by global
Could not wait to go back to NY again. But I am so over stocked with the stuff, maybe need not bye new make up for the next 10 years.

I also loved the book on Make up and beauty by Bobbi Brown, great tips and information.

Hi global. I too have enough makeup for the next 10 years! I saw the book & only glanced over it. When I go again, if they have it, I'll take a better looksy at it. It's just that when it comes to makeup & exercise I much prefer a video format than a book.

summerblue

I figured out why the brushes at the Warehouse Sale are so cheap. These brushes are 2nds that they pulled because they are not 100% perfect. I bought (3) 138s: 1 brush I got had a depression in the back of the bezel, exactly like when they crimp the front & back part of the bezel for a paddle-style brush, another had the handle put on slightly cockeyed & 2 of the 3 had the stamping of Japan 1/4" above where it is supposed to be. Thus the reason for the $19 reduction over MAC's best sale price. I also picked up a 182LE & I believe the defect in this brush is that the head is not cut fully rounded, but, rather slightly on the flat side. The head of the 116 I picked up was set 1/4" off center from the MAC logo. Although the synthetic hairs of the 169 brush are smooth at the top where it counts, they are not completely smooth down to the bezel, but, rather kinky/wavy similar to permed hair which is not the same as the ones I checked out at the MAC store. Unfortunately, they don't let you take the brushes out of the pkgs. or boxes so whatever the defect is you won't find out until after the purchase & there are no returns. Naturally, these defects don't affect the functionality of the brushes so personally I don't care that the brushes aren't 100% perfect. I just wanted to give you gals a heads-up.

global

Thanks for your evaluation of the brushes Summer, are you a beautician. I used those brushes and could never figure out the detailed defect you could.
I am impressed.

Have fun looking great!!!

Globe Trotter

summerblue

Quote:
Thanks for your evaluation of the brushes Summer, are you a beautician. I used those brushes and could never figure out the detailed defect you could.

No, global, I'm not a beautician, just an end-user. I had purchased the 138 during this last sale & compared the brushes to that one so I, basically, thoroughly looked them all over. Had I not, it probably would have taken me a little while before I had noticed the crimp in the bezel of one. The brush with the cockeyed handle is really what caused me to do a comparison as this defect was readily apparent. I did readily see the difference in the 169, but that was because I had recently purchased & returned the 169 from a MAC store; don't know if where 'China' is printed on my brush is the right place or not since I don't recall this obscure detail. I also noticed the flat cut of the 182 immediately when I took it out of the box which was also another indication with the cockeyed handle to compare the brushes. The off-centering of the 116 would have also taken me a while to realize. Then, I looked over all my brushes I bought from MAC stores or online & noticed that the printing of Japan was in the same place which was not true of the 2 of the 3 138s.

Anyway, as I said, the defects don't affect the functionality of the brushes so I'm not worrying about it. Besides, it's already a done deal! I just wanted everyone to know that they very well might not get a perfect brush at the sale so to the individuals who this matters to, they would do better buying directly from MAC. where if they are not happy with the cut of the brush, they will be able to exchange or return. Not every great price means a great deal.
smiles.gif

Ellen1

Got a couple of extra tickets to the warehouse sale this Sat 7/11!
PM me if interested
mac_haul.gif

cristy_baby

Hi gals, if anyone is going to the Estee Lauder warehouse sale this Saturday July 11 and wants someone to shop with at the sale...PM me! =))) I am going by myself but I don't care cuz I'm so excited, I've never done one of these before. I hope I can pick up some good things.
mac_haul.gif

Also, does anyone know if you need ID to get in? Like, company ID? Or can you just show the ticket??

Cristy_Baby
th_DANCE.gif

Ellen1

you will need the ticket and a photo id (like your drivers license)

have fun!!!
th_DANCE.gif

Boasorte

if anyone is willing to do a CP for me, please PM me

Ellen1

Not much new MAC at the sale. The table display had pretty much the same items that they have had...a few lipsticks, glosses, brushes.
And of course the eyeshadow bin! Which for me is like a pinata dumping a bunch of candy!!! : )
I picked up Humid, Parrot and Magic Dust from the Barbie collection.

My cheap MAC finds were: A pack of mascara wands for .50, Half Lashes for $6 and a large black cosmetic case for 3 bucks. I should have gotten another one! It matches the small lipstick case I have. Black vinyl with a mac logo zipper.

I want to go again!!!

Anyone got tix? : )
mac_haul.gif

summerblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen1
And of course the eyeshadow bin! Which for me is like a pinata dumping a bunch of candy!!! : )

I feel the exact same way Ellen! That bin definitely has a hypnotic effect on me & brings out my mu OCD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen1
I want to go again!!!

Anyone got tix? : )
mac_haul.gif

Me, too!

summerblue

So glad you enjoyed yourself, Ellen!

Here's an excerpt of my pm I sent to Selfish wherein we were discussing the sale & our hauls:
smiles.gif
Maybe Selfish will post excerpts of her pm to me.
______

I didn't think it was nearly as crowded as it was on 6/20. Because of the July 4th this was big vacation week so alot of people were away.

I, too, got the 182 brush & I do believe it was LE because of the handle design.

I picked up the 3 piece Rose Lip Set (Carmine Release) which had 2 lipsticks, 1 lipgloss & a funny little red pull-clutch. I had buyer's regret for purchasing this. I also picked up a lipstick & cream richmetal highlighter that I also regretted purchasing. If I stuck to my game plan, I wouldn't have thrown out $35 bucks! Taught me a lesson!

I did get a couple of those pink dazzleglasses & a couple of the Magnificient Lipglosses.

I picked up Fab & Fabulous, Parrot, Electric Eel, Gulf Stream, Aquadisiac, Goldmine, Swimming, Humid eyeshadows. Naturallly, in order to get these, I had to take just as many clunkers! There are some though that I wouldn't repurchase, but I like well enough to use like Cloudburst (basically carbon with a trace amount of shimmer particles).

In the CCO store, I got the 185 brush which I had such regrets about not buying on 6/20. I know the CCO store is 30% off retail, but I didn't know that the 185 was discontinued so I was praying that it would still be there as on 6/20 they told me that they only had 19 pieces left. I also picked up an EL Brilliant Shimmer in Platinum Gold I was sorry I didn't previous buy, a MAC e/s in Talent Pool, an EL e/s & a MAC lip moisturizer.

On the way home, I stopped in at the CCO Store in Deer Park to return the 205 mascara brush I bought on 6/20 & hated. Since you to exchange or take a store credit, I opted for a green pigment in Spiritualize -- very pretty.

I spent waaaay too much $$, but I got everything I had wanted. If I can get ticket, I'd like to go back once a month for a peeksy. Only interested now in those rare MAC finds like lipglosses, dazzleglasses, rare brush finds & to check out the e/s. Otherwise, I'm good to go.

smiles.gif

summerblue

Anyone have an extra ticket for this Saturday that can meet me at the Warehouse at 8am? I've got to make an exchange at the CCO store there so I figured if I have to go there anyway, it may as well be on a Sat. when maybe I can get a ticket & p/u some more e/s. If not, maybe I'll get lucky & a stranger will have an extra tix at the door.

global

Thanks everyone for sharing your purchases. Enjoy looking beautiful.

I reached Morocco and love wearing the make every day at a conference I am attending.

Globe Trotter

summerblue

Quote:
I reached Morocco

Morocco - how cool! And you even thought of us all the way from there!
urock.gif

Must be some fabulous jewelry & home decor shopping over there.

Have a wonderful time global!

global

Hi! summer, yes for the past few days that i a here It is all work, but I have a long shopping list.

By the way as I was leafing through the Duty Free shopping catalogue on my long haul flight to Casablanca, I noticed that 50% of the cosmetic and fragrences there were seen in estee warehouse. I laughed and felt good about our haul. One Bobbi Brown lip palette that I bought for $2/= was $$55/= and the perfumes I got in grab bag of worth $50/= containing 10 bottles, were around 70-95$ each. Wow are not we a bunch of lucky people to be able to afford such expensive stuff for us.

Have fun all

Globe Trotter

summerblue

Quote:
Wow are not we a bunch of lucky people to be able to afford such expensive stuff for us.

Hi from Long Island, NY, global.
wavey.gif

Well. global we have to win somewhere, although I'd rather pay ridiculous cosmetic prices any day as opposed to what we pay for health ins. premiums, medical costs, prescription drug costs, car ins., homeowners ins., electric, natural gas, etc., etc., etc.
throwup.gif
Cosmetics, although immense fun, are discretionary, the rest is not & we do pay through the nose! If we didn't pay through the nose, we'd have all that extra money to easily fund our mu habit with plenty left over. And don't forget that discretionary spending is great for the economy.
yes.gif

You really are a global trotter! Casablanca!! !
sweet.png

summerblue

Anyone have an extra ticket for this Saturday 7/26 who can meet me at the Warehouse at 8am or can mail, like tomorrow? I went to make an exchange at the CCO store on Saturday 7/18 figuring maybe I'd be able to pick up an extra, unwanted ticket. Anyway, the Warehouse was closed on Saturday &, much to my surprise, so was the CCO store as I was told that it was open every Sat. Needless to say, I have to go back this week & make the exchange. PLMK. Thanks!

Ellen1

Globe Trotter - safe travels!

SummerBlue - no tix, sorry : (

My latest addiction is these sales!!! I need a fix!
mac_haul.gif