fed up with Sephora

Gorgeous2407

Wow that's crazy. I'm really shocked by your bad experience with Sephora.I personally absolutely adore shopping at Sephora.I shop online alot at alot of different places and truthfully i must say Sephora has thee very best customer service Ive come across anywhere ever.I love Sephora.My emails are always answered if not the next day definitely within a week at the very latest.Or if i need answers sooner ill just call.And even then i never have to wait for long periods to talk to anybody they always pick up straight away in my experience anyway.Ive never had a bad issue with anything.Its really unfortunate that you had a bad experience.Because they really are a great company.But whats that saying...about one bad employing ruins the lot??? Something like that i think lol

Just a question...i was wondering that on there email page are you sure your emailing your issue/question to the right department? Because that may be a reason why you havent recieved a reply yet.I know there are like ten different choices to send the email to lol Also are you sure your email doesnt have a block on Sephora.com? That might be worth giving a check.Well i wish you the best of luck.I hope its resolved soon
smiles.gif

xStarryEyedX

Honestly, I don't think Sephora gives a shit about customer service. A couple years ago I had the absolute WORST customer service experience ever in one of their stores. I am pretty darn understanding and don't expect people to go above+ beyond for me at all- but if you're straight up rude and degrading I am going to contact customer service. I e-mailed twice, no response.. So I called customer service. Basically, the woman on the phone did nothing. I was pissed. I still shop there, but I just go in there and don't expect anything from the sales people. I have recieved good customer service from one girl ever, and I haven't seen her since. I don't know if they realize how much better off they'd be sales wise if their customer service didn't suck...

((( I'm sure everyone that works in Sephora isn't rude... This is just my own personal experience. It might also be because I'm in a very rich area and I look like I'm about 6 years younger than I really am. Who knows)))

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgeous2407
Its really unfortunate that you had a bad experience.Because they really are a great company.But whats that saying...about one bad employing ruins the lot??? Something like that i think lol

Just a question...i was wondering that on there email page are you sure your emailing your issue/question to the right department? Because that may be a reason why you havent recieved a reply yet.I know there are like ten different choices to send the email to lol Also are you sure your email doesnt have a block on Sephora.com? That might be worth giving a check.Well i wish you the best of luck.I hope its resolved soon
smiles.gif

It's not just a bad experience, it's the latest bad experience in a string of them. As far as the store at MOA goes, I was getting different employees throughout that time, so it's more than a case of "one bad employee."

And yes, my emails were being sent to "product information," and again, I used both Gmail and Hotmail addresses, the Gmail address being where I used to get all of my Sephora/BI emails (I unsubscribed now).

shatteredshards

Update: last night I sent one last email to see what would happen.

I finally got a response today, but it's like a robot answered me! It reads like a canned or automated response, and it ticks me off that I kept getting ignored and went so far as to list the dates of my previous emails in last night's message, but they couldn't bother to aknowledge they ignored me, much less seem apologetic.

nebbish

I consistently find Sephora employees to be snobby. Like, they won't talk to you unless it's Christmas season [the only time someone greets every single customer] or you've already got well-applied makeup on.
As such, when you ARE acknowledged, they generally attempt to get rid of you as fast as possible if you aren't going to buy everything they point out.
I get that the idea is to make the sale, but sometimes people want to check out *all* their options.

SUMM3RxBABii

Hmm...I don't think you should ditch Sephora completely...did you check the ingredients on the website (you probably have but I thought I'd ask anyways..), or you could ask the name brand's company. But, yeah, I don't think they're that good with online inquiries, because I don't think my question about my BI rewards has ever been answered, not that it's a huge deal. I find that the people in-stores are more friendly and I can't really recall a bad experience I've had with Sephora.

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMM3RxBABii
Hmm...I don't think you should ditch Sephora completely...did you check the ingredients on the website (you probably have but I thought I'd ask anyways..), or you could ask the name brand's company. But, yeah, I don't think they're that good with online inquiries, because I don't think my question about my BI rewards has ever been answered, not that it's a huge deal. I find that the people in-stores are more friendly and I can't really recall a bad experience I've had with Sephora.

The ingredients were not listed on Sephora.com, unfortunately, hence my having to email repeatedly to get them.

Also unfortunate? They were a Sephora Collection pencil, so I couldn't contact anyone else to get them.

My point is that this is the latest in a long string of bad service from them. I routinely get bad service at the Mall of America store (the nearest store to where I live), and have gotten bad service there for years. I honestly don't know why I continued to shop there.

Courtney <3

i've always personally felt like i got bad service at the store too. but i always though it was because of my age, since im only 17 and they probally think i dont have money. I went in there the other day to get either a clear or a nude lip liner, i found the urban decay 24/7 lip pencil in ozone, wich i read on the website as being clear. i literally had to argue with a sales associate that it was clear, just because she had "never heard" of a clear lipliner.

i was pretty fed up.

Flowitu

*clears throat* Hope I got your undivided attention XD I don't recall I had a bad service at Sephora, but I've encountered one problem the other day

Sephora Birthday gift? they stated it was free. So, few days before my birthday, I walked in my store and nicely asked for one. The BA told me they are out of stock. Not a problem, she later told me that "there will be stocks a week later". 12 days later, I walked in again, this time (damn, it's her again) she told me that "We just don't have it" and gave off that attitude like she's looking at beggars. Another time, Sephora got another coupon in my account, saying free samples with consultation, but those people in the store just didn't care. They seem so turned off by the words like "free" and insisted that they just don't have those and it's a region thing only. -_-''

Next time, Sephora should just label it as birthday gift free with purchase of $10. If you don't want to give free stuff, you shouldn't advertise it as such considering I've bought a lot of products from them. I've got this nice lady who helped me once, but I never saw her too... unfortunate.

SUMM3RxBABii

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
The ingredients were not listed on Sephora.com, unfortunately, hence my having to email repeatedly to get them.

Also unfortunate? They were a Sephora Collection pencil, so I couldn't contact anyone else to get them.

My point is that this is the latest in a long string of bad service from them. I routinely get bad service at the Mall of America store (the nearest store to where I live), and have gotten bad service there for years. I honestly don't know why I continued to shop there.

I think it's best if you call their customer service. I don't think they would hang up on you for any reason
yes.gif

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMM3RxBABii
I think it's best if you call their customer service. I don't think they would hang up on you for any reason
yes.gif

I believe I explained in an earlier response that I didn't want to call to get the ingredients because I don't want someone prattling off chemicals, possibly mispronouncing them, while I'm trying to listen for what I'm allergic to. Recipe for disaster, ya know?

If I call them now, it'll be strictly to tell them off for finally answering my emails like a robot with no remorse for their crap service.

jennilee

I definitely agree, I've had some pretty negative customer service experiences with Sephora. Most of it is in regards to VIB - I used their "contact us" multiple times to inquire why I had not been granted VIB status, though I knew I had spent well over $350 both this year and last. They kept sending me canned responses about waiting two weeks for an e-mail, etc etc. I even spoke to someone on the phone (my original reason for calling was to merge my store credits with my BI account), and she gave me the same canned "if you spend over $350... blah blah." She sounded extremely bored and uninterested the entire call, not to mention I could hardly hear her, and she got nasty when I asked her (politely) to repeat herself.

I finally got fed up and responded to one of their canned e-mails telling them I UNDERSTAND that to qualify I need to spend over $350, but I already HAVE, so what's the problem? They FINALLY looked in to it and found a "technical error" with my BI account, which has now been corrected.

It's not enough to make me stop shopping there, though. I love the convenience of buying things online. The store intimidates me sometimes!

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowitu

Next time, Sephora should just label it as birthday gift free with purchase of $10. If you don't want to give free stuff, you shouldn't advertise it as such considering I've bought a lot of products from them. I've got this nice lady who helped me once, but I never saw her too... unfortunate.

Thats really lame ^. Let me start by saying im a sephora employee. Yes we get a shit ton of people coming in for the free bday gift and free stuff from email blasts... and yes, it does take up a huge amount of time and yes, i admit when i have a million and a half things to do, it can be annoying. But jesus christ, just be polite! its not your fault the company has offered you tons of free stuff! of course you want to collect on it! i wish sometimes they would offer less free stuff cause we run out of it so damn fast and honestly, we just dont have time to process everything through the cash. but they do. so we just have to deal with it and should bloody well be nice while doing it.

As for people saying they get ignored until they ask for help, i dont know, but i find this to be the case at most stores... Please don't think im making excuses, but the amount there is to do in store... the amount of tasking is huge. There is always a list. And if your list doesnt get done, you can really get shit stormed. I anyone that looks like they are actually looking with intrest (and not just killing time) i say hello to. Otherwise, im sorry, but i need to do the other portion of my job, which is largly tasking. If we had more employees working, hopefully this wouldnt be an issue, but i know my store is always short staffed.
If you feel like you being trying to be ditched, dont take it personally. i know, its rude. i get it. i dont like being treated like that either. But honestly, they dont know how into makeup you are. I know i get a ton of time wasters. Girls who asks questions or want you to show them things when they will never buy. And sometimes you can see them a mile away, other times you misjudge someone. I was seriously talking to a woman the other day and she all of a sudden started trying to teach me about the brands. and then she made me walk around the store with her for liek 20 mins while she showed off her product knowledge... i couldnt escape her! in the end she demanded free samples and left. I'm not saying any of you girls are, but i think some people get jaded, or stressed with the amount of work they have to do...

honestly, im speaking from my personal expirience. i dont know the stores youve been to. i dont know the girls that work there. I just know my store, and ive never seen a girl be outright rude to anyone. Not even the 13 year olds that clearly just want their eyes done. Not even the same girl that comes in every single day for 3 diffrent samples, or the crazy woman that exchanges things every 2 days, or the people verbally attacking them. Which, honestly, i sometimes struggle with.

i can say, that if you have bad expirience fill out the customer service survey online. Score your store low. Write plenty of comments. 1st, you can win a 250$ gc! second, the result is sent to that store the next day and read a loud to the cast. If you're fuming mad, call the customer service and ask to speak witha supervisor or something.
I know that our store takes customer stasifaction very seriously. Just make sure its something sephora can change. We kept getting comments on all the brands we didnt carry or the price of things... you know, things my manager and we cant do anything bout.

and to the OP. I know what you mean about getting shy on the phone, but have a drink or two, and call customer service and demand to speak with a supervisor. Its easy to ignore an email but its harder to ignore someone on a phone. when i get nervous on the phone i talk with a touch of a british accent... i dont know why, but peole seem to take me much mroe seriously! i guess i sound classy or something.

so, anyway, thats my shpeil. Again, im not knocking anyones points or expiriences, im just commenting on my own. I honestly love the work i do. And i know sephora canafa takes customer service SUPER seriously. so call, and email if your pissed off. Dont just sit and bitter, it wont change anything...

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
and to the OP. I know what you mean about getting shy on the phone, but have a drink or two, and call customer service and demand to speak with a supervisor. Its easy to ignore an email but its harder to ignore someone on a phone. when i get nervous on the phone i talk with a touch of a british accent... i dont know why, but peole seem to take me much mroe seriously! i guess i sound classy or something.

so, anyway, thats my shpeil. Again, im not knocking anyones points or expiriences, im just commenting on my own. I honestly love the work i do. And i know sephora canafa takes customer service SUPER seriously. so call, and email if your pissed off. Dont just sit and bitter, it wont change anything...

*laughs* I honestly don't drink very much. Why? Because it makes me gigglier and gives me the attention span of a pet rock. I'm pretty notorius for making a fool of myself when I have a single cocktail, otherwise I would give it a go.
winks.gif

I know there's always things to do in the store and corporate will never give you enough hours for all the stuff that needs to get done, but, at the same time, I have some 9 years of retail experience under my own belt (including 3 years at a department store) and so when someone won't even say "Hello." to me while they continue to stock the shelf or whatever, I am offended because in all my years in retail, I have repeatedly been told that there is absolutely no excuse why you can't greet someone while you continue to work. In fact, my current employer, as well as the department store I worked for, use greeting customers promptly as an expected action that can directly influence the size of your yearly raise. However, walking into my local Sephora, I've been flat-out ignored, more than once, by the door greeter. That is scary right there, and that sends the message to customers that "I don't really care if you spend money here or not, this is a waste of my time."

elektra513

Since I have stopped shopping in-store with Sephora, I haven't had any issues. But I don't like that customer service is what determines how I shop or where I shop. I used to work in cosmetics retail, too, and the staff I've encountered have been just horrible. Either they ignore you when you are clearly in need of assistance or they stalk you throughout the store and offer poor beauty advice. It's unnecessary. I've posted about them before, but one of their higher-up employees actually told me that they had no products in the store for me at all, and blamed my attitude (I was frustrated with her) for my skin being bad (I had a skin allergy which has since been resolved). I left crying and never returned to that location. Years later, I found myself pacing back and forth deciding whether I had enough patience to run in there and quickly buy some Nars, and when I did go, the staff experience left me bitter, so now I just buy online. I had over 1500 points, and now I'm just working on getting that all redeemed so I can limit my patronage. I'd actually rather buy my Nars at Bloomingdales at this point, which says a lot because in my area, Bloomies staff are pretty snobbish...a Nars haul or two solves that issue though lol.

Good luck to the OP on what you decide as far as presenting your complaints. When I called Corporate over that Bitchmonster in the store, they had their Store Manager call me and leave two messages asking me to come in so she could personally apologize for my experience. By that time I was done with them, so I didn't, but I did appreciate the effort. Unfortunately I still see that evil woman at the store I live near now, so that's the other reason I shop online...

a914butterfly

i never have a problem with sephora when i order online. sometimes i have a problem when i go to the store, i feel like im being ignored in the store. i ask for help or to find the right shade and the employee is always like "i have another customer, but i'll be with you shortly" and then she never comes back. other times they will just act like they didn't hear you and just walk away. this is always the case at the sephora in the westchester mall in white plains, ny. i never have aproblem in any of the manhattan stores though

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
*laughs* I honestly don't drink very much. Why? Because it makes me gigglier and gives me the attention span of a pet rock. I'm pretty notorius for making a fool of myself when I have a single cocktail, otherwise I would give it a go.
winks.gif

I know there's always things to do in the store and corporate will never give you enough hours for all the stuff that needs to get done, but, at the same time, I have some 9 years of retail experience under my own belt (including 3 years at a department store) and so when someone won't even say "Hello." to me while they continue to stock the shelf or whatever, I am offended because in all my years in retail, I have repeatedly been told that there is absolutely no excuse why you can't greet someone while you continue to work. In fact, my current employer, as well as the department store I worked for, use greeting customers promptly as an expected action that can directly influence the size of your yearly raise. However, walking into my local Sephora, I've been flat-out ignored, more than once, by the door greeter. That is scary right there, and that sends the message to customers that "I don't really care if you spend money here or not, this is a waste of my time."

girl, i completely agree its not a good excuse. Ive worked retail (clothing) for many years. I must say my experience at spehora is wayyy different, however your absolutely right. Honestly the company as a whole needs to smarten up. They give the employees SO much to do with so little time, and wonder why people dont always get served, or things are disorganized, tasking isnt done or whatever. Again, im not trying to make excuses for the girls who have been rude/ignored you. They should be pulled aside and spoken to. But maybe that store should be spoken to. If more people complained (because i often read about people being ignored.. or stalked... either or) maybe they could address it on a company level ya know? light a fire under their asses. There is nothing worse than a rude sales associate, especially when your dropping a ton of your hard earned cash. I almost want to call sephora and complain for you!

I'm proud to say that my store is pretty damn good with serving/greeting customers. Even the resident crazies and the time wasters. The biggest complaint we get is about "check out time". IT's funny cause no one wants to wait in line, but they dont want to be rushed when its their turn at the cash either. And they want to know why more cashes arent open, but if we take someone off the floor, they want to know why no one can help them.
th_dunno.gif
But its like that everywhere. People want service and they want it now. Oh well.

nebbish

Sephora tells their employees they're supposed to greet EVERY customer no matter what they're doing. So why none of them [or most of them] don't do it, I don't know.
I realize associates have a lot to do, but I don't think that's any excuse for poor customer service.

shontay07108

I don't care about anyone greeting me. I prefer to be unseen and do my own thing unless I have a question. I realize a lot of people aren't like that, but I am focused and in my own head when I enter a store. I don't want to be pressured, I've done my homework so I don't need help. However, in the NJ and NY stores I go to, any time I need help they are more than glad to help.

xjslx

most of the time Sephora's CS is under-par, but there are rare instances where they surprise me....

Latest posts