fed up with Sephora

kimmietrinh

I've walked in a few times. I don't enjoy it. No one greets me-maybe because I'm not wearing Coach? One time I was waiting for two of them to finish talking because I needed assistance, so I stood there for a few minutes a polite waiting distance for them, and it took them a little bit before looking at me. When I asked them to help me color match something, she just told me to go pick up the shades I wanted. I went and picked them up and walked back to her. She looked at them really quickly and put an itsy bit on, and told me that would work. Then she walked away. Too bad that's the only Sephora near me.

GlamBrunette

I've never had a major problem with Sephora, I've never had to email or call them. The only thing wrong that ever happened to me was they forgot to include a deluxe sample that I used points for a couple years ago. It wasn't that big of a deal to me though because it wasn't something I was dying to try, I didn't even bother complaining for my points back but I should have. I still love Sephora though! I'm the type who likes to shop on my own, I just want to pick my own stuff out and check out lol. I don't even care if they say hi to me or not. I'm weird like that lol.
smiles.gif

bebs

I don't really know, I really love sephora from time to time.. with the recent sale I was trying to order a ghd but my credit card or there system we couldn't figure it out however I called up cs and they had it put on hold for me and talked to the store manager and was able to get me the discount a few days late and I got the main item that I wanted
smiles.gif

I would say.. getting somebody's attention or greeted well they are lacking during the week but on the weekend they tend to do really very well and you might have to wait a little bit for help.. however they do try their best to get to you

I will say I am talking my boyfriends mum make up shopping sooner or later and.. well I probably will not take her to sephora just because some of the department stores tend to be better for trying things on and take less time and can make an a set time to go in (which is what I'm going to do)

Twinkle_Twinkle

I've never had too much of a problem with Sephora CS. I am annoyed with the VIB program, but whatever. And I did order the Stila Gift To Glow set and when it arrived, the Bronze powder dome was loose and completely not attached to the packaging. I returned it, another was sent out promptly, and it was the same problem. So I returned it AGAIN and AGAIN the Bronze powder (only the Bronze, never the Rose Gold mind you) was completely loose from the base. When I called again, they said they were out, so I just used craft glue to glue the damn thing back in place. It was only $10 so it was a good deal. And CS was nice.

As far as not really being helped in the stores, I actually like that. I don't like people breathing down my neck, because I usually know exactly what I want, or what brands I browse in, and if I have a question, it is always very specific so I just find someone and ask. The end.

shontay07108

Wow. I'm glad I don't go to the Sephora you ladies go to. Reading these experiences make me appreciate my Sephora store more. Their associates are more than glad to help.

JustAddSparkles

Honestly, their email system SUCKS. Can you shop in store? They customer service I have recieved instore BY FAR surpasses the CS I've recieved online or via phone.

westindiesangel

Yea, you guys should come live in Toronto. The 2 Sephoras I've been to have always had very nice employees. I'm usually asked if I need help or if not can get someone to help me. They always make great recommendations too.
smiles.gif
And I'm nowhere near an expert on makeup or a fashionista.

jazmatazz

I agree, the Sephora by me has the worst customer service of any store I frequent. It's like the SA's genuinely don't want me to purchase anything. I now will only go there when I know exactly what I want, pay then leave immediately.

. Last time I was there I asked for help with foundation shades (I had narrowed it down to 2) and the SA told me 'it depends on how tan I want to look'. Being NC43 this was practically a joke. I want the best color match for my skin that's the whole point of foundation. No attempt to help me at all. I was literally speechless. And a few minutes before she was helping another woman with a color match which is why I asked. So frustrating. I'm trying to buy a $45 foundation and can't get an ounce of assistance on color selection.

I only go there on occassion because I can only get some brands there. If it's something like where I can go the counter at Nordstrom I do that instead. They are always so friendly and helpful.

I know this isn't all Sephoras because I have been to others and had good service. I also don't like when stores (my Sephora) are kind of rude when I am making returns. I spend hundreds of dollars there and don't feel guilty when I am returning something that was 20 bucks because I don't like it. If they don't want returns they should change the policy.

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAddSparkles
Honestly, their email system SUCKS. Can you shop in store? They customer service I have recieved instore BY FAR surpasses the CS I've recieved online or via phone.

I think I failed to explain this in my original post, but I spotted these eyeliner pencils in the store when I was shopping for eyeliner pencils. The pencils do not have the ingredients on them, the displays do not have the ingredients, and when an employee checks something for you? They're checking the exact same Sephora.com that we all look at from home. I was not able to get the ingredients in the store, and they are not listed on the website (still!), so I was forced to either play email tag or try the 800 number.

malvales

I went to Sephora yesterday to check out the Illamasqua collection. Too bad I realized the store I went doesn't carry the collection ( i guess it's only in certain Sephora stores). One of the employees asked me if was doing ok and I said I was here to look for Illamasqua and she looked at me bedazzled as if I just made something up. I started to explain to her about Illamasqua and she said she is from UK and never heard of the brand. Oh, nevermind then...

abbyquack

I have not had any bad experiences in Sephora...perhaps an average experience, but nothing too horrible. Can't say the same for MAC
ssad.gif

But I do agree that their free gifts that they advertise are NEVER in stock! It's totally pointless if they never have stock. Maybe if they are going to give everyone a gift for their birthday they need to stock their stores accordingly? Good news is, I generally shop online (especially in the summer when my birthday is), so I haven't had a problem scoring my free gift thing. But they really need to slow down on all the promotions for their customers and employees alike!

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvales
I went to Sephora yesterday to check out the Illamasqua collection. Too bad I realized the store I went doesn't carry the collection ( i guess it's only in certain Sephora stores). One of the employees asked me if was doing ok and I said I was here to look for Illamasqua and she looked at me bedazzled as if I just made something up. I started to explain to her about Illamasqua and she said she is from UK and never heard of the brand. Oh, nevermind then...

Uh, if she is from the UK, then she really should've heard of the brand. I'm pretty sure it's based there.

astronaut

Quote:

Yeah Illamasqua is only available at certain Sephora locations. But since Illamasqua is a really new brand, created in 2008 (amazing how successful they've gotten in only 2 years!), it's not unreasonable for her to be from the UK and not know about them.

malvales

Well, being an employee of Sephora, she should at least have heard of it especially if the company you work for is selling the brand!

shatteredshards

This just keeps getting more rediculous.

As I said at the beginning of the thread, on April 4th I closed my BI account. I also removed my email address from all mailings by that point.

On April 23rd I went to my local store to purchase some of the eyeliners that I had to jump through hoops to get answers about. I purchased 2 of them, and a pair of tweezers because I was in desparate need of a new pair and rationalized splurging on a pair of Tweezermans.

On May 7th I received an email from Sephora asking me to rate my purchase.

What?!?!

Okay, so they save my credit card information and contact information in a database somewhere and somehow think they have the liberty to make me feel like I'm under a microscope and send unwanted emails to an address I had removed from the email list more than a month prior?!

This was the last straw. Forget giving them any more chances. I'll be going back to return the eyeliners - they're kind of crappy, anyhow - and I will be done for good.

And for the record, I just unsubscribed again to be safe - it's supposed to be updated within 10 business days.

astronaut

Quote:
Well, being an employee of Sephora, she should at least have heard of it especially if the company you work for is selling the brand!

Sephora carries over 200 brands that of course not all the stores have room to accommodate for. I think it's unrealistic to expect the employees to know about all those brands especially when it's a new brand like Illamasqua which doesn't have much history yet. I think Illamasqua was at first only available at one of the New York Sephora locations and I guess they started carrying them at other Sephoras. Most people in the US wouldn't know about Illamasqua unless they are ubber makeup fanatics.

LatteQueen

I certainly do know they responded with a major quickness when I filed a racial complaint against one of their stores...it was too fast..and the situation was resolved with a major quickness too....

Ellen1

All-in-all I have had good experiences with Sephora - I will consider myself lucky I guess.

shatteredshards

I think Sephora's trying to piss me off out of spite.

Those crappy eyeliners that I returned? I just got another email today asking me to rate them, I guess since I ignored the last one. I've unsubscribed what, 2, 3 times now? What do I need to do, write them a letter and give them 30 days to get me the heck out of their database? Or am I just supposed to start reporting it as spam and let them deal with the blacklisting?

I am so gorram fed up with them and their crappy service and now this freakin harassment!

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Sephora carries over 200 brands that of course not all the stores have room to accommodate for. I think it's unrealistic to expect the employees to know about all those brands especially when it's a new brand like Illamasqua which doesn't have much history yet. I think Illamasqua was at first only available at one of the New York Sephora locations and I guess they started carrying them at other Sephoras. Most people in the US wouldn't know about Illamasqua unless they are ubber makeup fanatics.

Yea, the only reason i had heard about Illamasqua was through Specktra. I have heard a trainer casually mention it, but other than that, we have no information about it because we don't have it. I mean, there are so many brands that sephora carries, and i certainly don't know all of them. Often times i have to tell clients "unfortunately we don't carry that product/brand, but you can check sephora.com, as they have loads of things we don;t have at this location.". There's just no way we can keep up to speed with all the new products/brands they add... Plus they DC lines and add new ones so often... it's a bit of a weird thing.

Latest posts