Feel free to ask me any Stila Q's!

incorporeal_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisha
i use about half a pea sized amount for both cheeks and that seems to stay on me, but i use primer under my fndt so i think that makes a difference too.

what other face products are you using? (fndt etc)

the other cheek stains i have tried have been of similar quality to be honest like Tarte, NARS and Benefit!

I don't use foundation or anything so I'm just putting it on bare moisturized skin.

trisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorporeal_x
I don't use foundation or anything so I'm just putting it on bare moisturized skin.

thats probably why i think! if you dont want to wear fndt, you could always opt for a tinted moisturiser or primer, so your blush etc has something to grab onto! x

Eemaan

does stila have any really good primers? i had no joy with the mac, smaxbox or laura mercier ones
ssad.gif

incorporeal_x

Quote:
thats probably why i think! if you dont want to wear fndt, you could always opt for a tinted moisturiser or primer, so your blush etc has something to grab onto! x

I've never really used makeup on my face so you're really helping me a lot haha

Could you recommend a primer?

trisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorporeal_x
I've never really used makeup on my face so you're really helping me a lot haha

Could you recommend a primer?

my faves are Laura Mercier, Smashbox and using the Stila illuminating tinted moisturiser as a primer!

incorporeal_x

Quote:
my faves are Laura Mercier, Smashbox and using the Stila illuminating tinted moisturiser as a primer!

thanks! I'll have to try them

Bootyliciousx

Can you recommend some of their best or must have or try products. A pinkish blush? (NC35-40) And pinkish or natural Lipglass ? = ) Thankyou

Laurahead108

Brush #21

I just can't get the knack of it; when I contour with it, it leaves too sharp a line. Any thoughts?

Thanks a million,
Laura

SurrealReality

trisha, It's so nice of you to offer to do this!

I'm wondering if you could tell me something about Stila's "online only" e/s colors. I know that the stila website does say whether an e/s is a shimmer or a matte , but I find that there is a vast difference from one Stila shimmer shadow to the next (in texture, amount of shimmer, etc.)
My favorite Stila e/s are oasis, kitten, wheat, moonlight and starlight. (because they are very shimmery and very soft). So I would like to know which of the "online only" colors have a similar texture and shimmer to my fav stila shadows. (by "online only" I mean shades like clover, lake, peach, seafoam, etc. that, as far as I know, can't be purchased in-store). Thank you to anyone who can help me!!

misswillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
are you foundations good for someone who has normal to dry skin? i want a foundation that can moisturize my dry areas and give me a flawless, natural look like i have no foundation on. i am a NC35 in MAC or a Warm Beige 3.5 in Bobbi Brown.

I'd also recc the Pivotal Skin and IPF (Illuminating Powder Foundation). Both of these are HGs! I also have the ILF, but find I have to mix in something else (I use Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector) or else it can still be a tad cakey on my dry skin. The Pivotal skin is never cakey, and is sheer but is so amazingly buildable that you can layer it for more coverage. And its so blendable that you really can use it just on areas that need it. The IPF is amazing for a powder foundation - it NEVER cakes, even on my dry skin. I use it by itself most days, and it looks like no makeup, just even skin. Over the Pivotal Skin it gives a beautiful finish
smiles.gif

misswillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootyliciousx
Can you recommend some of their best or must have or try products. A pinkish blush? (NC35-40) And pinkish or natural Lipglass ? = ) Thankyou

Here are some of my fave pinkish blushes
smiles.gif

* Convertible colours are cream blushes that give a natural, dewy glow. Lillium is a gorgeous peachy-pink and Gerbera a pinky-peach - these two are my go to cream blushes. Others you might like are Petunia, a more vivid pink, and Peony, a rosy-pinky-brown

* Rouge pots are great mousse-like cream blush, and may be better for combo skin than the CC's. Lotus is a very pretty nudey-mauvey-pink, gives a lovely natural and sweet flush. Water lily is similar to Lotus but more nude-pink, no mauve, and Amaryllis is similar to water lily but warmer, with a touch of terracota colour to it. Jasmine is a gorgeous vivid pink with a touch of sheen to it.

* Powder blushes. Tutu is a gorgeous peachy pink, and one of my fave everyday blushes. Quaint is also a pinky peach, but a bit darker than tutu and with subtle shimmer. Hint is a nudey-pink, great for a subtle, natural blush. Bloom is a gorgeous brighter pink, and Rose is, well, a rosey-pink with subtle shimmer.

Another one to consider, if you can find it, is the Pink Glow blush duo. It has a gorgeous sweet pink and a pinky-bronzey-mauve, with shimmer. They're very pigmented so you only need a little bit.

trisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurahead108
I just can't get the knack of it; when I contour with it, it leaves too sharp a line. Any thoughts?

Thanks a million,
Laura

i always finish buffing out with something softer like Stila 8 or 24 or any soft mac face brush will do!

trisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Kitten
Trish, i have a sample of Stila all over shimmer liquid luminizer #3- how do i use it?

you can put it on before fndt, after on the high points of the face )browbones.cheekbone.cupids bow) or mix it with fdnt/TM/moisturiser

no right or wrong for it!! x

trisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley
didn't stila make an eye cream? did they d/c it?

yes we had an eye cream but have done a major line edit and lots of things have been d/c! eye cream included!

trisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurrealReality
I'm wondering if you could tell me something about Stila's "online only" e/s colors. I know that the stila website does say whether an e/s is a shimmer or a matte , but I find that there is a vast difference from one Stila shimmer shadow to the next (in texture, amount of shimmer, etc.)
My favorite Stila e/s are oasis, kitten, wheat, moonlight and starlight. (because they are very shimmery and very soft). So I would like to know which of the "online only" colors have a similar texture and shimmer to my fav stila shadows. (by "online only" I mean shades like clover, lake, peach, seafoam, etc. that, as far as I know, can't be purchased in-store). Thank you to anyone who can help me!!

we dont have any of those online only/PRO colours over here in the UK, sorry!

sandsonik

This might be a strange question for you...but I'm planning to go to a CCO today and I have NO Stila in my collection. Anything in particular, any d/c great items I should be on the lookout for?

iheartcolor

i don't think you'll find much inthe way of stila at any CCO cause they are no longer carried by/owned by Estee Lauder....of course we got a CCO here (finally!) AFTER stila was sold.....
ssad.gif