Forum usage problems/quirks [report them in this thread]

martygreene

As you may have noticed, Specktra is undergoing some updates right now, as Janice had mentioned was going to happen. As the updates are still being made, there will be some quirks and clunks now and again. I'd like to keep tabs on what issues you as end-users are having with the site, just to make sure we can keep tabs on what is happening, and fix them as we can.

Please keep this thread to posts regarding these sorts of issues. If you share an issue with another user, you are welcome to say so as well, but let's try to keep conversation to a minimum here so that Specktra staff members can easily find the issues, and mend them as soon as possible.

martygreene

issues already reported:
- background not loading properly
- dropdown menu boxes not working/not working properly (ex. forum search)
- rss feed glitches
- image upload problems
- clicking on buttons e.g. 'OK' or 'Done' and nothing happens
- itrader notification glitches

mspixieears

Logout error message is another one, sorry I forgot to mention that before. Some message that "there is an error with your logging out, click here" then you get to logout properly.

bellaetoile

i can only see the romatic speckles skin. is this normal? i liked the other one, lol, but this may have been mentioned somewhere. sorry, i'm computer illiterate..

Janice

The skins will have to be adjusted after the upgrade. Some elements of the Romantic Speckles skin aren't working properly.

I understand you like the second skin, that one won't be available further. We are working on a Specktra branded plain skin for the people who would like something less image intense. Specktra's Tech Admins currently work on a volunteer basis, so some issues will take time to work out. Our apologies!

Shimmer

drop down boxes not working (page loads and says "done but with errors")
verrrrry slow to post

user3

Search function is not working for me

Also it is telling me the administrators are modding my post when I reply to a post.

mspixieears

I'm curious as to how people are able to upload images into posts when they don't seem to be in the Gallery...I haven't been able to upload any images since the upgrade, and so I assume won't be able to put images into posts.

Janice

Alot of the forum usage problems are from clashes with the old templates and the upgraded forum software. These templates need to be manually modified so that they work properly and retain the customized appearance of the forum.

Specktra's Tech Admins currently work on a volunteer basis, so some issues will take time to work out. Our apologies!

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
I'm curious as to how people are able to upload images into posts when they don't seem to be in the Gallery...I haven't been able to upload any images since the upgrade, and so I assume won't be able to put images into posts.

They could have the messages upload on a different website or are you seeing the Specktra watermark?

I tried today and yesterday and nothing at all uploaded for me.

Now I can do attachments but that's not the same as uploading to the Specktra Gallery.

valley

I got this message when I showed up on the site today....

[[(60==62 OR
60==72 OR 60==6 OR 60==7)]] [[/(60==62 OR
60==72OR60==6 OR 60==7)]]

canadiangirl_1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by valley
I got this message when I showed up on the site today....

[[(60==62 OR
60==72 OR 60==6 OR 60==7)]][[/(60==62 OR
60==72OR60==6 OR 60==7)]]

Yeah, I got the same message when I logged on, too.

MAC_Whore

I know you guys are dealing with bigger site issues, but the quotes in my signature have disappeared. I can't see anyone else's either. Is that a post-wide issue or did I accidentally check or uncheck an option box somewhere? TIA!
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
Signatures have been disabled for the time being.

Thanks for your quick response!
smiles.gif
I failed to ask if sigs will be coming back? Thanks.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Thanks for your quick response!
smiles.gif
I failed to ask if sigs will be coming back? Thanks.

Like Lily mentioned, signatures have been disabled (in post view) due to abuse. You can still view signatures in a users profile. Signatures may return to posts as a Premium Member feature.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
Abuse? LOL who would do that?

Sellers who don't want to/don't care to follow forum guidelines.