Forum usage problems/quirks [report them in this thread]

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
the gallery isn't quite working right, and we are currently (actively) in the process of diagnosing the problem and fixing it. I know it's frustrating, but please bear with us while we work out the bugs.

Any progress on this? When I try to upload any image to the gallery I get the error message;

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotPost vBGallery
No Image specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Pity as I have a load of pictures of counterfeit products I'd like to upload like the one attached below.

Shimmer

email them to me and I'll upload them to my (paid) photobucket account then send you the links
smiles.gif

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
email them to me and I'll upload them to my (paid) photobucket account then send you the links
smiles.gif

Thanks very much for the offer. I was just thinking it would be nice for Specktra's own gallery to be working properly again like it used to. I've actually got my own web server at home which I can host pictures on. I'm currently in the middle of upgrading it following a hard disk drive failure so I should be back online sometime next week and able to host my own pics.

caffn8me

Image upload problems - possible solution

OK, a poke around reveals that it could easily be a problem with folder permissions or file paths. The folders should be chmod 777 (rwxrwxrwx) and they're probably 775 (rwxr-xr-x) or there could be a config problem now that the path of the vBulletin itself has changed.

Eemaan

im having the same problems as caff8me (but i dont have the foggiest about web servers *strokes blonde hair*) any help apart from the photobucket thing? not been able to upload to the gallery for over a month now
ssad.gif

sexypuma

i can't see my new e-mails. i get notifications that i received e-mails from a few people but when i look there is nothing.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexypuma
i can't see my new e-mails. i get notifications that i received e-mails from a few people but when i look there is nothing.

That is probably due to the fact that the server got defaced earlier by hackers and had to be restored from backup. See Site defacement for more details.

I think the picture uploads to the gallery are working for everyone now as well.

girlstar

Moods

I can no longer change my moods.. I had it set as tired, and tried to change it to something else.. can't remember what.. anyways, when I did so, no new image came up. And so now, nothing is there except "My Mood:" with a space next to it, so I can't even click on anything to change it. Help?
weeping.gif

Kisbee

I don't know if this is because I'm new, but all my posts from yesterday aren't showing up (they weren't in review forums or anything). I could see them after I posted them yesterday, and the ones from previous days are all still there, it's just these last ones.

MAC_Whore

Hi!

Just an FYI. I can't upload pics from my comp to the gallery. It wasn't working for a while, then it worked, now it is down again.

When I go to Upload: It lets me browse for the pics, select them, but when it switches to the next page to enter details, there is just a red X where the thumbnail should be. If I enter details and hit process, it just kicks me out to the first page (the "A" page) of Member Albums.

Also, don't know if this helps any, but when I click on Gallery at the top menu bar and it takes me to the Gallery Main Page, my Mood logo disappears and is replaced by a red X.

I appreciate any help you can give when you get a chance. Thanks in advance!
smiles.gif

Cosmopolitics

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlstar
I can no longer change my moods.. I had it set as tired, and tried to change it to something else.. can't remember what.. anyways, when I did so, no new image came up. And so now, nothing is there except "My Mood:" with a space next to it, so I can't even click on anything to change it. Help?
weeping.gif

I'm having that same problem, too.
ssad.gif

Kathytoo

I can't return pm's. When I try, I get this error:

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 25484 seconds.

That's a looonnng time to wait.
smiles.gif

Indigowaters

The posts I see are scrambled and are saying "Today 10:35pm" when it's only 7:51pm right now (Eastern Time).

syrene78

Same here! Help us!
weeping.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathytoo
I can't return pm's. When I try, I get this error:

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 25484 seconds.

That's a looonnng time to wait.
smiles.gif

Kathytoo

It seems to have fixed itself but, it actually counted it down. I timed the last 13 minutes. It was about 8 hours. were we being punished?
smiles.gif

MarieLisa_Smile

Indeed please HELP!

oKay! When I log in, it shows that im still on knowing that I already logged out.

Having a hard time logging in.

When I log in, it shows old information that I have to refresh to get the new information start running..

thanks!!

---marie

AudreyNicole

I can not use the Thanks feature. When I click it to thank someone on a post, the button disappears, but does not add my name to the box below like it used to. Also, the numbers under my name do not increase, so it is not registering at all. Do I have to change a setting or something?

Pei

I have been having problems in accessing Specktra for the last 2 days.

As and when i get the "server down" msg.

Is it just me or there's something wrong with the server?

ilovexnerdsx

not a huge deal, but i would like to point out that sometimes when the drop down menus are clicked, part of them show up under the ad, like this:

quicklinks.jpg

so you can't click those hidden links. it only does this some of the time though, perhaps on same pages the ads are coded to overlay everything else and on some pages the dropdown menus are coded to be on top when selected? just a speculation.
smiles.gif

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pei
I have been having problems in accessing Specktra for the last 2 days.

As and when i get the "server down" msg.

Is it just me or there's something wrong with the server?

Pei, Rob aka SRR has been notified of your issue. We have been discussing optimization techniques for the server and have opened a request with the host to look into network problems. I hope we can tweak something soon to help those experiencing slow load times and/or timing out.