Forum usage problems/quirks [report them in this thread]

Willa

When I come on the board I see this :

[[(63==1 )]]
Welcome to Specktra.net Forums!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.
[[/(63==1)]]

Janice

Thanks willa, I will check the code on that, looks like something was formatted improperly.
smiles.gif

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Sellers who don't want to/don't care to follow forum guidelines.

You can't just disable that person's signature?

I also noticed that I get "You have entered an invalid birthday" when I try to edit my user profile.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
I also noticed that I get "You have entered an invalid birthday" when I try to edit my user profile.

To comply with COPPA registration requirements, a valid year of birth is required.

mspixieears

Quote:
To comply with COPPA registration requirements, a valid year of birth is required.

I wasn't actually trying to edit my birthdate, just the text under my user ID.

Is Chat working? Sorry, perhaps I missed it but I swear there was a link to it here somewhere, up above, not in the Shoutbox. I might've thought I saw one or something!

mspixieears

Quote:

So I can't delete my AIM/Yahoo/MSN details because I entered an invalid birthday? Perhaps you would prefer to do it for me manually? I didn't think I had to enter a year for my birthday.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Gemma, PM'ing you, please reply and we can get this straightened out. Thanks!

Glitziegal

Is the search function down? My computer is funky at the moment so it may just be me......
When I try to search in a particular area (search this thread) nothing happens at all.
th_confused_new.gif

martygreene

Search is still being fixed, however if you go to the main page of the forum, and use the search in the main menubar for the forums (where the user CP is located), that generally works. You can select 'advanced search' to search a specific forum.

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holstrom4
Gemma, PM'ing you, please reply and we can get this straightened out. Thanks!

Is there any reason why I'm not able to edit my profile myself, or would I technically have to contact a staff member every single time I need a change implemented? That seems a little odd.

I'm still getting that stupid "invalid birthday" message and NO I am NOT trying to edit my birthdate, as previously communicated.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
Is there any reason why I'm not able to edit my profile myself, or would I technically have to contact a staff member every single time I need a change implemented? That seems a little odd.

I'm still getting that stupid "invalid birthday" message and NO I am NOT trying to edit my birthdate, as previously communicated.

I realize your not trying to edit your birthday, but the software is going to check everytime someone updates their profile for the missing field and won't process the updates unless it's entered.

You were extended a courtesy by staff to fix your profile to "get around" having to enter a birth year, if you need to continue editing your profile you will have to enter a birth year. Everyone who has not entered a birth year and who would like to edit their profile will have to make the same adjustment.

Colorqueen

I have not been able to post any photos at all in the galleries. Is this disabled for now? How is everyone else posting things?

I keep writing to try to get help, but no one answers, or if they do, I can not find any answers.

Thanks!
greengrin.gif

martygreene

It's not disabled officially, however the gallery isn't quite working right, and we are currently (actively) in the process of diagnosing the problem and fixing it. I know it's frustrating, but please bear with us while we work out the bugs.

mspixieears

Quote:
I realize your not trying to edit your birthday, but the software is going to check everytime someone updates their profile for the missing field and won't process the updates unless it's entered.

You were extended a courtesy by staff to fix your profile to "get around" having to enter a birth year, if you need to continue editing your profile you will have to enter a birth year. Everyone who has not entered a birth year and who would like to edit their profile will have to make the same adjustment.

Ok, followed your instructions to the letter and this time, the text I entered in my custom user title is not appearing. I just keep getting

Ultimate Specktra Junkie

So what have I supposedly not done correctly now?

I never needed to enter my birthyear before to edit my profile - not till the times documented in this thread.

Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Janice

Premium Member options were recently updated and improved, the ability to have a custom usertitle is now a feature reserved for those who subscribe to the forum (aka Premium Member).

ceelovejay

I know that it was listed in one of the initial posts, but I tried to upload some pics and got an error saying something about the folder being created.

Ambi

When you click on "new posts" you get a nice black background with roses on it but no posts?

Like this: