Foundations With Yellow Undertones

Evey

I use Sacha cosmetics foundation. It matches my skin perfectly. I'm not dark skinned but I am latina so I have yellow undertones...the foundation itself has good coverage. They also have Kamaflauge foundations that have a heavier coverage. But if your skin is in fairly good condition, just a few blemishes etc...i would just buy the regular foundation and just use a little concealer. It's a very good product and it doesn't leave your face looking cakey.

LaChinita

I'm also Asian, I have yellow undertones and my skin's a bit tan and Revlon Colorstay works for me. I just had trouble finding the right shade, but when I did (I use the Rich Tan shade) my skin looked like its natural tone, just more even!
smiles.gif

thelilprincess

i used Prescrptives Virtual Skin (Real Beige 09) maybe 7 yrs ago. it was perfect match, but i didn't wear foundation everyday - only on occasions.

then last Nov, i bought MAC Hyper Real for my engagement party - it matched, but i've been wearing the foundation more frequently lately and been breaking out. so i stopped & skin is getting better. (btw NC300...and i have C4 Studio Fix in my makeup bag)

i went to Prescriptives on the Nordstrom Anniversary sale and got colormatched again. i'm 1 shade lighter now (makes sense, since i've been indoors for so long studying) the SA gave me a sample of VIrtual Skin in Real Sand (08) but then i went to another Nordies later that day - the gal recommended Prescriptives Vrtually Fresh and matched me as Natural Gold 07 - it looked ok under the fluorescent lights...but i decided to ask for a sample of that plus Natural Beige 09. Guess what - i took a pic of the Natural Gold the SA put on me - i looked like i had a pastey, caked on ghost mask. i applied the Natural Beige today and it looks way better.

so i definitely recommend getting samples to try at home so you can see in everyday lighting.

oh yeah, this was the first time a Prescriptives SA was totally off in colormatching me. seriously, it looked nasty and you know what else sucks - i went to my friends for dinner and a bunch of old college friends were there. in the past, they always mathced me as Real Beige. anyhow, i digress.

hth.

MacMickey

I use Clarins for my foundation. I also have a hard time finding foundations. The cashier at Sephora gave me a sample of it and I have been hooked since.

Kuuipo

I had a problem tone matching. All of MAC's were too cool-not enough gold and olive. Revlons are all too pink. Sheseido-too pink. Estee Lauder and Perscriptives,better. Lancome-too pink. NaRS-I found four shades that are perfect on my Asian skin. I even found some of the Bare Minerals to work-but we have a shade in Hawaii that is not found on the mainland! Laura Mercier has some nice shades going!There is a company called Zhen who makes limited shades for Asians, but their texture has something too be desired. L'Oreal's Hip foundations are an inexpensive alternative to department stores.

flinty

I'm a big fan of Make Up For Ever. I have practically no pink undertone at all (most foundations make me look like a clown and it took me years to figure out that I'm REALLY not Caucasian) and I use a combination of #18 and #20.

If you are based in NYC, I'd go to MUFE's boutique in the Village and get a custom blend. It costs EXACTLY the same as buying a premade bottle at Sephora.

S.S.BlackOrchid

Clinigue has a few, so does Revlon colorstay, and if you like mineral foundations, Alima cosmetics makes some nice yellow ones.

wiggle

Have you tried Vincent Longo? Great selection of yellow-tones! Flawless complexion (at about 50 bucks a pop) can be achieved. You can't go wrong with the 75% water.

c.may

Ladies, I've been using Bobbi Brown's line...tinted moisturizer and/or oil-free compact foundation. It's been perfect so far. She bases her make-up on yellow undertones so it's perfect for what you're requesting. FYI...I'm Filipina and with living in Hawaii, the sun is constantly changing my skin tone. But I highly recommend Bobbi Brown.

CaliArtist

Perscriptives.. i'm a newbie here and i just got hired at perscriptives (i just took the custom blending class yeeaah) if you have a hard match get it custom blending its costly 62 dollars but i have yellow orange and its extra hard to find plus you can ad matte sheer med oil control,moisturer brighting ,glow,bronzer like color and others to fit what you like
smiles.gif
or virtual skin or other regular made ones 35 and under they are awesome i'll tell you that
smiles.gif

reesesilverstar

I 3rd the motion for Sacha cosmetics. Their foundations are yellow based, and they have shades that do match a broad range of skin tones.

Try them out!

Kuuipo

I have used a lot of Zhen products.

http://www.zhenbeauty.com/index.html...TOKEN=81040679

They have excellent products,foundations,powders,lipsticks,etc. I have never found any drugstore line gold enough for me,except a few of Neutogena's and L'Oreal Hip. Estee Lauder and Clinique are ok.I often wear two shades of Laura Mercier mixed together,they still are pinker than my really gold skin. Warm doesn't always mean gold. Milani, I tried on the mainland-too red. NARS-nice,my HG.Zhen-which I have to get via the mail,is still the no ka oi for a colormatch. JCPenney at one time carried them, but JCP is gone in most places.When I lived in Chinatown in Philly, those women who wore makeup went to a Shiseido import store (not the "Americanized line",but the colors are a bit peacy.
Becca,if you can find it anymore has fab shades for people of color. I liked their Praline and Banana mixed,but the texture was not the ultimate....
Vincent Longo has a number of yellow based formulas. They even have one called "Oriental" which I kind of object to. (Well,people are Asian,and things are Oriental...so maybe......) Smashbox has products that have gold undertones-but not in the paler lines. If you live in Hawaii or Japan, you can get Bare Essentuals in "Natural...made in Japan" for a few bucks more than the regular formula. It is alot golder. Buff it down and you are a shiny gold...lol.I have tried,while in Philadelphia,Flori Roberts and Black Opal as well. Neutral,not enough yellow.

mzdawn

I love MAC Hyperreal Foundation, but it had way too much shimmer for a daily look. I'm an NC42 in that... I also used MAC Moisture Studio foundation, but my pores got so congested I had to retire it. I tried the Natural MSFs also - but not enough coverage...

Right now I'm using Smashbox and I'm loving it! I use it with theie new "light" primer and it looks so natural. My pores aren't congested and the color doesn't turn orange at all. Its awesome!

Chi

I'm asian and have been using Clinique Superbalanced for years. Chanel has some very nice foundation and most of them are yellowbased. My fav Chanel foundation lines are Teint Innocence and Pro Lumière. Both are great, yellowbased and blends beautifully into skin. Pro Lumiere does tend to run alittle darker, so go one shade lighter when shopping for Pro Lumiere.

shadee

Boots No7 foundation (UK brand) has some good yellow tones in their darker shades, although the range of shades are limited.

I use suede and I am a nc42/43.

It's the only brand that matches my skintone, I've tried brands from Mac,Nars, Prescriptives, Bobbi Brown, Stila etc

^^^
I take that back,its starting to look ashy on me. I'm currently using bobbi brown tinted moisturiser and becca foundation stick

cloudburst

Prescriptives has some of the best foundation formulas & colour selection on the market. I've used their Virtual Skin (natural but buildable coverage) and Traceless (super sheer). I love their formulas.

And, if you're feeling like splurging, you can have foundation (+ concealer, powder) custom blended for you. Now that's service!

jade8783

I am from Vietnam, sure I have yellow undertone. I'm using Make Up For Ever in M40 and happy with that, just fit my skin perfectly when the MUA in Sephora applied it on my skin. I bought it online later, with their corrective base in Mauve to even skintone. I use Everyday Minerals to set the color. I just love the color and a glowy, dewy skin (good natural coverage for blackheaad and redness on my nose sides, pardon my un-foundationed neck). Have no problem with oil in my T-zone.

Latest posts