Foundations With Yellow Undertones

josie

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Prestige's Wet/Dry Powder Foundation. If you're a medium color, light-medium, whatever it's got a really good yellow undertone in all of it's colors. It doesn't have that many shades, but I'd really just suggest it for light-mediums or mediums.

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by josie
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Prestige's Wet/Dry Powder Foundation. If you're a medium color, light-medium, whatever it's got a really good yellow undertone in all of it's colors. It doesn't have that many shades, but I'd really just suggest it for light-mediums or mediums.

You know, I was eyeing these at the drugstore just the other day. Do you think you could give me a little more detail on your experience with this foundation? Staying power, coverage, any additional info would be great! thanks

letsbefriends

I need a yellow foundation. I am acne prone, oily and dry. Awesome, right
ssad.gif
I take a lot of advice from MUA and specktra but I am on a never ending quest for the perfect foundation. I usually buy a foundation, think this is it for me! ... and then realize the color is all wrong for me after a while (seeing in different situations and light) and it's frustrating! Maybe I am just blinded by hope when I first use a fdtn.

Everywhere, it has been said Revlon Colorstay is good for yellow-tone skin but I have tried Golden Beige and Sandy Beige as recc'd to me for the most yellow-ish shade... but I found both little/really red on me :\ The formula is great for me but the color is just plain wrong.

I am really really yellow (asian) ... Right now I am using EDM (samples), the colors are great! (i have light, winged butter, and fawn) but my skin is horrid lately with tons of dry spots and breaking out. Not good :\ The coverage is good at first but then it wears off. Especially since it's the summer I guess.

Shiseido looks super duper red but people told me it was made for asian skin tones but why does it look so red, even just a swatch on the hand
ssad.gif

i bought carmindy natural beauty liquid foundation in creamy beige. again, awesome formula but the color is off. red, i think.

things that don't work for me: tarte veil (orange), clinique perfectly real (red), maybelline age rewind (orange)

I want to just dump yellow paint on my face
ssad.gif
I am sick of having unfinished bottles of foundation lying around. Is there a way to make these shades work by adding something? I need help
ssad.gif

lunastars

Good foundations with yellow tones include:
Giorgio Armani (expensive but worth it!),
Bobbi Brown (good colour range),
Versace (hard to find),
Shiseido, Shu Uemera (most asian brands) and
Presciptives have a great colour mixing service at their counters where they can create the exact foundation shade to match your skin
smiles.gif

lucia_la_latina

ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR!!!
they have like 6 colour graduations 1 VERY FAIR - 6 VERY dark and within each colour level they have a W shade...a N shade and a C shade...
so my shade code is 4N1... so 4 darkness...neutral undertone..etc... the W is VERY yellow, i have yellow undertones, but it just didnt look right for me >_>...so if you need major yellow undertones, try a sample of this!!!

mochajavalatte

Hey there!
If you are warm or yellow toned and the NCs turn orangy or yellow on you then give the NWs a try. This is the *same exact* issue I had and I am now using NW40 and my skin looks just right and even-toned, which is what a foundation is supposed to do. It did NOT turn orange either!!!

That's totally my suggestion. It also depends on what formula you use. I use Studio Fix Fluid, I'm an NC20 in that...however when I bought Moistureblend I'm an NW20.

sunshine88

I dont think Bare Minerals has a yellow undertone...........thats what I use and I love it!

I have a pretty good tan I am half Brazilian and the foundation that works best for me is bare minerals and I mix it with a little bit of the "warmth" to match my skin tone better!

boujoischic

I had The exact same problem I went to the MAC counter and they matched me an NC45 Im african american with relatively light skin and have pretty obvious golden undertones. I found with the NC45 after the foundation settled it looked what I like to call "Umpa Lumpa Orange". So I kept going back to the counter and asking to be matched again and the MA would always choose NC45. I gave up on MAC foundation for a while and went to Bobbi Brown they matched me for a color called Golden #6 it does not turn orange and I have gotten so many compliments on my complexion. But what can I say Im a MAC Girl (so I had to come back). One day from the website I found that the "C" MAC foundations have golden tones and so I recently purchased C8 and it is not going orange on me Im so happy I thought to try it. I would reccommend The Bobbi Brown foundations or try the C ones from MAC.

warfreakbaby

i experienced the same problem with mac foundation. i suggest you try chanel teint innocence liquid or make up forever face & body. those are my HG foundation!

xphoenix06

There's also a brand called Zhen Beauty cosmetics. It's small compared to the others but all their foundations have yellow-undertones. Their site is http://www.zhenbeauty.com/ and you have find them on amazon.com/ The color swatches are totally off though. But you have contact customer service via e-mail or by phone. They'd be happy to help, their very very fast and nice.

NaturalT

I HAVE to rave about Scott Barnes Creme Foundations, this is the best foundation I have ever used. With the 109 brush I get a very natural airbrushed look that cover my redness from my moderate acne and it looks great in photos (no pore clogging feel, no cake face unless applied with fingers!). Plus it doesnt break me out further. What I love about it is that I dont really feel like Im wearing makeup too much and when I set it with powder it lasts! Im glad Scandalous beauty recommended this in her video!

I use the color in Topaz which is the darkest and Im NC45/50. Its a bit light for summer but I just use MSF Dark on top to help it look deeper but it is perfect alone or with MSF Medium Dark for winter!

neonbright

Quote:
Originally Posted by boujoischic
I had The exact same problem I went to the MAC counter and they matched me an NC45 Im african american with relatively light skin and have pretty obvious golden undertones. I found with the NC45 after the foundation settled it looked what I like to call "Umpa Lumpa Orange". So I kept going back to the counter and asking to be matched again and the MA would always choose NC45. I gave up on MAC foundation for a while and went to Bobbi Brown they matched me for a color called Golden #6 it does not turn orange and I have gotten so many compliments on my complexion. But what can I say Im a MAC Girl (so I had to come back). One day from the website I found that the "C" MAC foundations have golden tones and so I recently purchased C8 and it is not going orange on me Im so happy I thought to try it. I would reccommend The Bobbi Brown foundations or try the C ones from MAC.

I know how you feel, I was match to be NC50, which made me orange/red and I said to myself never mind and a Mary Kay Rep match me with the Mineralized Pressed Powder Bronze 2 and that has been my color since.

Lucenah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango
Vasanti cosmetics also makes foundation for yellow skintones.

I haven't actually tried the foundation as yet. I think MUA might have some reviews.

Check out Vasanti Cosmetics Inc.

Its a Canadian company which ships online orders. I believe there is also a list of which stores carry their products (also has a couple of free-standing stores).

Hope this helps.

Ooo! I did a bit of digging on Google and their foundations look FANTASTIC - I am definitely RUNNING to the closest Shoppers Drug Mart to nab a few of their products.

Apparently, their Face Base Powder foundation, Liquid cover-up, concealers, and tinted lip balms are fantastic. Their website seems great for matching foundation colours too (I know, pictures can be deceiving, but it's STILL a great site), especially with the Face Base powder, teehee.

Some great advice here!
th_DANCE.gif
If all else fails, I'm def checking out MUFE.

Duchess915

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooeeyy
You might be using the wrong foundation(color) Keep in mind that foundation (the powder at least, I'm not a fan of liquid) gets darker as the day goes on. So even if you use a shade lighter than supposed, it will darken. What kind of foundation are you using liquid or powder?
If you happen to be looking for alternatives, you can try IMAN. she has grat line of cosmetics deidicated to women of color. You migh opt to trying to mix your foundations to get the desired color match.
Hope that helps.

Thanks for that info. You are so right. I thought my face looked darker in the afternoon. I'm trying to find a color match and have been using a sample of NC50. It does go on a little dark initially but I've convinced myself that after working it in, it'll be okay. However, later on in the day, you can definitely see that it's darker. Next I'm going to try the NC45. I might even try to "C" formulas.

addictedtomac85

I have also had problems getting that right color foundations because I have yellow undertones. I discovered MAC Studio Fix about 5 years ago now and haven't changed since. I wear C3 or C4 depending on the season but they both work for me great!

MsChrys79

Well since I tried MAC's NC50 and loved it! wore it a week and my face went crazy!!!
I had to leave it b.
Anywhoo, I went to Prescriptives yesterday and the lady was telling me about how they don't have a lot of red undertoned foundations it's mostly yellow (b/c I was telling her how lots of foundations make it look like I'm wearing clay) and she told me if you can't find your shade for a few bucks more they can custom blend your shade, it's worth a try.

elektra513

I agree with the ladies who say to try C shades if NC is too orange and NW is too pink. I am so happy with C8. I retract almost all the obscenities I screamed about MAC studio fix in my head lol. But for all my other foundation needs, I still have to use Prescriptives...
smiles.gif

Nita67

You may want to try NW40 MAC or try 500 foundation by Mary Kay. Both of those work pretty good. I now have an even skin tone and I do have yellow undertones as well.

__nini

I'm with you, elektra. Prescriptives has me jumping for joy at the moment
smiles.gif

I'll look into these C7's..8's I see you guys posting about though.

Latest posts