Foundations With Yellow Undertones

Kuki

Hello everyone.

I think Lancome is great for yellows... I use photogenic - bare in mind, its for dry skin or old ladies! :-| Looks awful when i put it on my oily friend!

mustardgirl

my 2 cents - I use Bobbi Brown foundation and concealer and I like them
smiles.gif
I have yellow undertones but I'm pale and I found that it matches me best.

righteothen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacchi
my 2 cents - I use Bobbi Brown foundation and concealer and I like them
smiles.gif
I have yellow undertones but I'm pale and I found that it matches me best.

I have pink undertones myself, but my mom has yellow undertones, and loves Bobbi Brown. The colors were really good for her pale skin.

Temptasia

Make Up For Ever's foundations have given me the best match so far.

Their loose mat powders are great from minimizing oxidation of the foundation.

S.S.BlackOrchid

I really like Revlon Colorstay.

And for those who live in Portland, OR, there's a store in lloyd center called Mahogany beauty and they make awesome mineral mu for WoC.

nooeeyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootyliciousx
Besides Mac what other brands make foundations with yellow based undertones are out there? Mac turns my skin orangey or makes my skin look dirty.

You might be using the wrong foundation(color) Keep in mind that foundation (the powder at least, I'm not a fan of liquid) gets darker as the day goes on. So even if you use a shade lighter than supposed, it will darken. What kind of foundation are you using liquid or powder?
If you happen to be looking for alternatives, you can try IMAN. she has grat line of cosmetics deidicated to women of color. You migh opt to trying to mix your foundations to get the desired color match.
Hope that helps.

nooeeyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootyliciousx
Besides Mac what other brands make foundations with yellow based undertones are out there? Mac turns my skin orangey or makes my skin look dirty.

I personally think you may be trying the wrong base. Foundation will oxidize as the day goes on, meaning it will get darker. And the right foundation can be a little lighter as long as it blends into your jaw bone. If MAC's foundation are after the fact still giving you problems, I would try IMAN's line of foundations. You can get them from your local drugstore and TARGET.
yahoo.gif

Miss

I think Mac select tint, black opal stick and MUFE have yellow undertones.
Ohhh how can I forget Prescriptives?

dazzle

I have yellow undertones and the only foundation (i have tried) that looks good on me is Iman stick foundation (earth 1). its worth a try.

Smiles7

I have the same problem with Mac's foundations (NC 30-35). They don't turn my skin orange, but it makes me look dirty and clogs my pores. I tried Presciptives and I didn't like it (ofcourse that's just me). I would say to try Bobbi Brown. Their foundations are yellow based. I have yellow undertones and I've always had a problem finding the right shade. However, I finally found it!!! I use Bobbi Brown's moisture rich foundation spf 15 (natural 4) and I mix that with Loreal's true match (nude beige W3).

macmistress

So you guys know quiet a bit..

I have a liquid foundation from MAC and I hate very single bit of it. it dries up so quickly on my skin..clogs my pores and there are flaky bits involved in the process. I have a mild acne..but i still have clear skin cos I take good care of it. It is not my face it is definitely the foundation. I have heard mineral makeup is really good. Im NC35 or NC37. Any recommendations?
Im open to anythin..by the does the C mean cool? and W mean Warm?
I hate the mac stick concealor..it creases up under my eyes..any other recommendations? I know I dont have to stick to one foundation..But I like Sheer..I like The dewy look and I like the heavy look too. So I am seriously open to any top rated recommendations.
smiles.gif

Kuuipo

I was dying to try MUFE, especially the MAT Velvet, but all the lighter shades are so PINK. I recently tried Dior's yellowest shade Linen, but its not nearly as pink free as NARs foundations. I guess it will be NARS for life. I liked the colours in Zhen's line, but the foundations streak or are too light coverage. The stick foundation was a little too oily for me. I liked Becca foundation, but it was discontinued.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
yeah i use iman in clay. i also use NC50. i'm a yellow brown girl. like baby poo. :\

th_LMAO.gif
Girl, you are nuts!

Latest posts