Freelancing for MAC

Bernadette

Re: freelancer question

No gratis, you can show up early to use product that you don't own on yourself
smiles.gif

a914butterfly

i am now a part time freelance makeup artist!!!

i'm so happy!! i am now a part time freelance makeup artist for a friend of mine in a bridal store!! i figure once i get myself more established and more experianced, i can move on to working for MAC. i love doing makeup and i am so thrilled!! i can't wait till she gets me my 1st client!! i already made up business cards and hope to grow my business!!
cheerleader.gif

Janice

Re: i am now a part time freelance makeup artist!!!

Excellent news!
greengrin.gif
:congrats: Congratulations!

Evey

Freelance for MAC Question....

Ok, so what exactly is the process if you want to freelance for MAC? Any information you can give me is well appreciated! I am just starting out and I'm interested in working for MAC. What's the interview process like, what experience do they ask for, what kind of jobs do you do, etc...thanks in advance for all your help!
thmbup.gif

amoona

Re: Freelance for MAC Question....

There's already tons of information on this in this section. Just take a look around and you guys will find the answers to your questions.

ninahxd

Re: i am now a part time freelance makeup artist!!!

CONGRATULATIONS<3 hope you the best =)
remember to come back and tell us about your experiences with your first client
greengrin.gif

paramourlace

Freelancing for MAC Cosmetics HELP!

Hello! I am new to specktra, i joined a couple of days ago. i've been going around the site like an animal! Specktra is awsome
eyelove.gif

I was recently hired at mac for freelancing. I had applyed at the mac counter in the mall and i got an interview following a next one which i had to do make-up on a model. Everything came out successful, and so i got the job as a freelancer. I was explained what a freelancer does, but i want to know if there is anyone out there that is now freelancing for mac and the're experiences with that. Also the manager told me i had to wait a couple of weeks intill i get to start freelancing, because they need to put me in the system? or activate my number? anyone have more info in how that works or what that is? Another question is, do most mac employees start off as freelancing and then apply for a permanent position? What advise would you give for those who are starting out freelancing for mac?

i'd be soooooooooooo happy and gladly appreciate it if you guys helped me answer my questions and give me any info that you know
smiles.gif

Thanks
wavey.gif

FacesbyNiki

Re: Freelancing for MAC Cosmetics HELP!

I was a perm employee with MAC before freelancing. I had to wait 2 weeks before I could start.

With freelancing always do your best. Most times, if you freelance for a spot for a while, they will consider you for a perm position when it comes up. Always be on time and do your best and most of all have fun!

Bernadette

Congratulations! I freelanced with MAC before I became permanent.
You usually have to wait a while before they process your paperwork and you can start.
I suggest going to the different locations and introducing yourself to the management as well as leaving your availability. Also, call the different counters around the middle of the month to see if they have made their schedules and if they have any freelance hours open. Let the different managers know that you hope to become permanent and that if anything becomes available at their location you would love to apply. Always stay busy. If you aren't doing makeup or helping a customer, do stock. Taking initiative and staying busy will get you noticed. Oh and when you are booked for anything, always ask if there is a look you are expected to do.
thmbup.gif

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
Congratulations! I freelanced with MAC before I became permanent.
You usually have to wait a while before they process your paperwork and you can start.
I suggest going to the different locations and introducing yourself to the management as well as leaving your availability. Also, call the different counters around the middle of the month to see if they have made their schedules and if they have any freelance hours open. Let the different managers know that you hope to become permanent and that if anything becomes available at their location you would love to apply. Always stay busy. If you aren't doing makeup or helping a customer, do stock. Taking initiative and staying busy will get you noticed. Oh and when you are booked for anything, always ask if there is a look you are expected to do.
thmbup.gif

I forgot about this.

MisaMayah

How to start freelancing??

I have no professional training doing make-up. But I love doing it with a passion and I think do I a pretty damn good job when I do. I have done a few weddings and fashion photo shoots for free (friends/relatives). I am currently trying to get a portfolio put together.

A new modelling agency are interested in hiring make-up artists (me included =oD ), so I need some help!!

I have a few questions, but any advice would be very much appreciated!! TIA

1) Do all my portfolio pics need to be professional shots done with a photographer??

2) Do any of you MUAs have a separate make-up kit for work and for personal use- or do you just sanitise products??

3) What are the essentials for your kit??

4) How do I decide how much to charge..per hour..per client..dependant on style etc..??

5) Will I be able to get a discount at any high-end make-up brands (eg MAC, nars, Bobbi Brown etc) without a qualification certificate??

lanise1328

Re: How to start freelancing??

I also want to do some freelancing. These are all good questions. I hope someone answer these questions for us.