General Chanel Chat

elegant-one

It has been so quiet on here. I've been super busy. My daughter turns 3 tomorrow! so with that and Christmas I've been busy shopping and planning. I'm going to try to make a Barbie cake tonight....wish me luck LOL.

bis the Tweed Fuschia blush is really lovely! Go for it!

Does anyone have the Empreinte de Chanel highlighter from Spring 2010?? I think I'm going to get it in a swap and wondered what you guys thought of it?
Happy Birthday to your little girl! I was such a "Barbie" girl when I was little...still am a little bit :)

I agree - I love Tweed Fuchsia

Miss QQ

I love Tweed Fuchsia too!
It has been so quiet on here. I've been super busy. My daughter turns 3 tomorrow! so with that and Christmas I've been busy shopping and planning. I'm going to try to make a Barbie cake tonight....wish me luck LOL.

bis the Tweed Fuschia blush is really lovely! Go for it!

Does anyone have the Empreinte de Chanel highlighter from Spring 2010?? I think I'm going to get it in a swap and wondered what you guys thought of it?
Happy birthday to your girl! She's going to love the cake.

I have the highlighter and the print is beautiful to admire. The CC is glittery while the rest of the powder isn't. While I like it, I don't reach for it as often as the tweed highlighter from holiday 2009. The tweed highlighter is a better option in my opinion, but it is glittery and shimmery all over. Do you have it?

mrslid

No I don't have that one. That was before my Chanel addiction started. Honestly the more glittery and shimmery all over is a turn off for me. I prefer subtler highlighters so I hope this one isn't too glittery! Thank you so much, you've made it sound like a good option ;-)

stv578

Oh Elegant, do I need Tweed Fuchsia?! I do have a gc I can use, but was trying to save it for the spring collection!

I know all about boxes in the basement! If it weren't for the fact that we moved, the boxes in our basement would've sat there too! It's so nice to purge though. I'm afraid I'm the opposite of my mom, who is a bit of a pack-rat. I purge too much, then I'll think of a use for something I used to have, and it's gone! I even purge my make-up now and then, and I know I've gotten rid of things that I later regretted.

And I wanted to mention to you that I loved reading about your holiday decorating, was it the lip colour thread? I can't go too crazy this year, no extra funds at the moment, but in the future, I will definitely be doing more decorating inside and out! I'll likely consult with you! I bought Mickey and Minney lawn decorations for this winter, they're about 3 feet high with lights in them! My kids looove Mickey!

elegant-one

Well, I don't know if you NEED it (maybe) :) But, it is really pretty on & different on me enough than my many other pinks. If you really love the Spring, then maybe wait to use your card then. There will always be something else.

I save a little bit, but like you as soon as throw something out, I want to use it for something. Hubby is the real pack-rat! Our son tells us that we need to clean it out :) I still have all of his baby clothes & toys - I cannot (& probably NEVER will) get rid of any of it, Its just too sentimental for me. I do have a lot of craft crap I should get rid of. I also purged my makeup. I got rid of almost everything but MAC & Chanel & a little bit of Smashbox, Bobbi Brown, & Mally. Having said that, it leaves a lot
girlhaha.gif

Oh, Mickey & Minney are awesome!!! The kids got to have them. I have bunches of these really really old glass Snoopy, Charlie Brown Linus ornaments that I love pulling out of the boxes every year. Sadly, some of the ornaments are so old that I really have to be careful of them. I have this fantastic really old glass Pinocchio ornament with a really long nose that I protect as much as I can. Its one of my fave ornaments to unpack every year.

Hope you & your family, & everyone else here has a safe & Happy Thanksgiving. The kids should be here in a couple hours, so I'll see you guys Sun.

Bonitinha

^^So pretty Elegant!! Love the Pinocchio ornament! I really want the set of the 12 Days of Christmas ornaments from Crate and Barrell (not to mention the 12 days of Christmas plates from Pottery Barn!).
I can't wait to get decorating this weekend!

elegant-one

Chanel just posted some new things. An Asia exclusion es palette, an eyeliner & lipstick. I am not sure if any are re-releases or not. I only searched out the palette, which does not interest me.

elegant-one

^^So pretty Elegant!! Love the Pinocchio ornament! I really want the set of the 12 Days of Christmas ornaments from Crate and Barrell (not to mention the 12 days of Christmas plates from Pottery Barn!).
I can't wait to get decorating this weekend!

Oh, I've seen them & both of those are fantastic sets! Isn't Pinocchio adorable ;)

mrslid

Chanel just posted some new things. An Asia exclusion es palette, an eyeliner & lipstick. I am not sure if any are re-releases or not. I only searched out the palette, which does not interest me.

Hmm a new quad...intriguing! There is no info out there on it from what I can find other than it was an asia exclusive release from July 2009. I can't find any swatches or anything :-(

mrslid

HAPPY THANKSGIVING GALS!!! Enjoy your day. I'm jealous of the yummy dinners you'll be enjoying tonight !

stv578

Happy Thanksgiving to our neighbours!

Elegant, your tree is beautiful! Love the ribbon with the ornaments.

Bonitinha

Thanks for the Happy Thanksgiving wishes! I just did a kick butt workout to hopefully counter balance some of the calories!

Elegant -- you'll have to post more pics when the tree is finished! My hubs is not sold on me getting the 12 days of Christmas plates and ornaments. I'll have to see if they go on sale after Christmas!!

shontay07108

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I'm thinking of placing an order on Chanel.com(wish me luck). I was thinking of buying Insolente lipstick. Any opinions on that one?

Bonitinha

I hope everyone that celebrated Thanksgiving had a happy one! :) Today we are off to my sister's house to go make Gingerbread houses with the kids. Frosting and candy everywhere!! So fun.
Happy Friday to you all!

elegant-one

Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a great time! I was stuffed like a turkey too. So I had to do the big workout too :) Thanks on the tree Nora! Shontay - it's so good to see you here again. Let us know what you order from Chanel. I was hoping that they would have listed the new Chanel this weekend instead of waiting.

Latest posts