General Chanel Chat

Bonitinha

For those of you who are on the fence about Riva -- here is a link from a blogger that bought 5 bottles:
http://cafemakeup.com/2010/11/chanel-le-vernis-riva/

Nora and Christa -- I updated our CP thread in the Clearance bin (still no Riva shipments yet)

Winthrop44

I agree with what Amy said about Riva looking good against pale and dark skin. Maybe it's the medium tones who are not liking it much?

bis

Happy Birthday Meg! Hope you had a great party
nanaparty.gif
th_ymca.gif

Miss QQ

It is Megan's birthday?
happybirthday.gif
th_partytime.gif

I agree with what Amy said about Riva looking good against pale and dark skin. Maybe it's the medium tones who are not liking it much?
I saw Riva in person today and I agree with Amy that this doesn't look like pastel house paint.
thmbup.gif
When light hits it (on my nails), I definitely can see the micro shimmers which gives it a glow. I painted two of my fingernails two coats each. I wanted to buy it but it is out of stocks. The SA said new shipment will arrive next week so I place a reservation. I'm NC20, not exactly very pale, but I can pull it off. It's just that I feel weird wearing the colour now when it is the season of dark shades.

elegant-one

Happy Happy Birthday to our beloved Megan!!!
rasta.gif
friends.gif

Wow Riva looks really pretty on her in that link above! I think that I am going to do mine in it for New Years for the first time.

mrslid

Happy Birthday Megan!!

I'm so happy to see Amy's review of Riva. I feel so much better about getting it now. I'm uber pale so hopefully it will look great!

Camnagem

Hi Ladies!

I hope those who celebrate it had a wonderfully yummy Thanksgiving! My parents were visiting and we had a great time catching up with them, enjoying WAY too much food, and playing some fun games. It's always nice to be with family on any holiday, so I was especially thankful for that.

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes everyone! I had a fantastic birthday! My husband and I dropped my parents off at the airport late Friday afternoon (they had to get home to pack for a 2 month trip they're taking to New Zealand) and then he whisked me away to a romantic hidden cabin up in the mountains in Vail! It was a total surprise (he even packed up my bags for me!) and we just got home last night. It was beyond wonderful and I'm sure I'll never forget it.

I hope you're all doing well, I have lots to catch up on around here (I can't wait for the Chanel Spring collection!).

Big hugs for everyone!
friends.gif

mrslid

You have the BEST husband! What an incredible birthday present! The surprise and packing aspect of it being the best part! I would die for my husband to be that caring and creative. You are one lucky, lucky girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really glad you had such a wonderful day!

bis

Meg, that is so sweet. Things like that stay forever with you.
So, how well did he pack for you?
smiles.gif

Camnagem

Meg, that is so sweet. Things like that stay forever with you.
So, how well did he pack for you?
smiles.gif
He did GREAT with the packing! He even picked out some make-up for me to use while there. He said he's watched me get ready over the past few months from time to time and made a little list of things I'd need to have...SO adorable. He brought everything I needed along with a few gifts and we enjoyed our time alone in the mountains!

The only thing he "forgot" to pack was lingerie/pajamas, and he said that was on purpose...
graucho.gif
th_roll1.gif

I'm beyond lucky. He's such a special guy, I'll never stop being thankful.
love.gif

Bonitinha

^^ I love that he "forgot" pajamas or nighties LOL! How amazing that he took notes on what you needed to get ready!! Does he write books or instruction manuals for other husbands?!?

mrslid

^^ I love that he "forgot" pajamas or nighties LOL! How amazing that he took notes on what you needed to get ready!! Does he write books or instruction manuals for other husbands?!?

Wow that really is amazing. I think I might cry. And if he does write that manual, put my hubby on hold for one!

bis

Meg, I see your man is a professional
winkiss.gif

I hope you manage to get all his friends in for his birthday, that sounds like such a great idea.

My bf would've forgotten them as well and he would have never packed anything purple while he was at it ;)