General Chanel Chat

hitchcockblonde

I wasn't quite sure where to put this but has anyone seen the new Chanel LA SOLUTION 10 DE CHANEL Skin Cream? I like the idea of it but I can't find a full ingredient list on any site. Just some weird pine needle extract, shea butter, and glycerin. If it's only ten ingredients and there is no alcohol or fragrance why won't they post them online? I really don't want to buy something without knowing what's in it first, even if I don't know what some of the ingredients do. Just concerned about transparency I guess. Here is the link on the Chanel site: http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragran...rs-LA-SOLUTION-10-DE-CHANEL-139833/sku/139834

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts if they have tried it or plan to try it. I'll be out of moisturizer soon and I'm interested in this one.

Edit: I also see it has water, vegetal squalane, "soft powder", "emollient", "emulsifier", "humectant", and "preservative".

ashievic

I will also reach out to the Chanel Goddess and find out exactly what is in the new stuff. She is off tomorrow. Please allow me a few days to obtain info, thanks.

Winthrop44

I wasn't quite sure where to put this but has anyone seen the new Chanel LA SOLUTION 10 DE CHANEL Skin Cream? I like the idea of it but I can't find a full ingredient list on any site. Just some weird pine needle extract, shea butter, and glycerin. If it's only ten ingredients and there is no alcohol or fragrance why won't they post them online? I really don't want to buy something without knowing what's in it first, even if I don't know what some of the ingredients do. Just concerned about transparency I guess. Here is the link on the Chanel site: http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragran...rs-LA-SOLUTION-10-DE-CHANEL-139833/sku/139834

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts if they have tried it or plan to try it. I'll be out of moisturizer soon and I'm interested in this one.

Edit: I also see it has water, vegetal squalane, "soft powder", "emollient", "emulsifier", "humectant", and "preservative".
Yep, not listing the full ingredient list on their web site is par for the course for them, but in this case you'd think they'd have made an exception since they're touting the minimalist nature of the ingredients. I see here even if you click on Full Ingredient List it says "Company declined to provide".

http://www.allure.com/beauty-produc...r/2015/chanel-la-solution-10-de-chanel-review

That is really irritating. However, I am very excited, surprised and impressed that they are doing anything fragrance-free/alcohol-free!

ashievic

Directly off the tube in this order:

water, vegetal squalane, soft powder, glycerin, silver needle tea extract, shea butter extract, emollient, emulsifier, humectant, preservative

Winthrop44

Directly off the tube in this order:

water, vegetal squalane, soft powder, glycerin, silver needle tea extract, shea butter extract, emollient, emulsifier, humectant, preservative
Oh my goodness. How do they get away with THAT? Aren't they required by law to be more specific? They are certainly required by me before I put it on my face.

ashievic

Yes, I know to all you scientists out there, it is quite vague. But heck I tried. Will try to get more detailed from Chanel Goddess when she goes in to work tomorrow. Has anyone tried to call or email chanel.com directly and ask them???? Just a thought.

hitchcockblonde

Yep, not listing the full ingredient list on their web site is par for the course for them, but in this case you'd think they'd have made an exception since they're touting the minimalist nature of the ingredients. I see here even if you click on Full Ingredient List it says "Company declined to provide".

http://www.allure.com/beauty-produc...r/2015/chanel-la-solution-10-de-chanel-review

That is really irritating. However, I am very excited, surprised and impressed that they are doing anything fragrance-free/alcohol-free!
Yeah I saw that last night and was like
huh2.gif
. It annoyed me too, even though I was glad to see fragrance/alcohol free.

hitchcockblonde

Yes, I know to all you scientists out there, it is quite vague. But heck I tried. Will try to get more detailed from Chanel Goddess when she goes in to work tomorrow. Has anyone tried to call or email chanel.com directly and ask them???? Just a thought.
Thanks Ash! I think I'll try emailing.

Winthrop44

that's ridiculous
Yep. That's an understatement. Even the smallest startup company that I have ever bought skincare from has provided a real ingredient list, not generic nonsense like this. I understand they want to keep it looking simple and show that it's just 10 ingredients, but geeesh - list the actual ingredients and include their purpose in parentheses or something!

I just called them and that is all CS has. They are forwarding the question on though and will get back to me within around 7 days.

hitchcockblonde

Yep. That's an understatement. Even the smallest startup company that I have ever bought skincare from has provided a real ingredient list, not generic nonsense like this. I understand they want to keep it looking simple and show that it's just 10 ingredients, but geeesh - list the actual ingredients and include their purpose in parentheses or something!

I just called them and that is all CS has. They are forwarding the question on though and will get back to me within around 7 days.
That is so bad. I'm curious as to what they'll say in 7 days, if they even contact you again.