General Chanel Chat

elegant-one

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
I have some shoes that sound just like those! I got them from Zappos -- they are cream stiletto peep toes but have a zebra print just over the toes. Maybe I need Mistral to go with!!
smiles.gif

Yes - that pink looks awesome with Leopard print! I wore a pink Jacket that really matched Mistral
th_dunno.gif
& it has a leopard print posie pin attached to it. Pink & Leopard print =
love.gif

purrtykitty

I have a pair of leopard print flats from Target that I love! I'm still searching for a pair of bright pink (think the color of Laser Fluo Gloss in the tube) platform peep-toe leather pumps, preferably croc-embossed. You'd think there'd be a ton of shoes like that!

elegant-one

I'm so sad, I cannot find my Ming gloss
ssad.gif
I have looked everywhere like 10 times. I think there are makeup gremlins that carry things away
lol.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I have a pair of leopard print flats from Target that I love! I'm still searching for a pair of bright pink (think the color of Laser Fluo Gloss in the tube) platform peep-toe leather pumps, preferably croc-embossed. You'd think there'd be a ton of shoes like that!

Whoohoo! Nordies didn't have them? I will be looking for ya
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

Nope, and neither does Zappos or piperlime or anywhere else I've looked. I don't think I'm asking for much!

kenoki

Okay -- here are some random swatches!
You can find In Love and Candy JC swatches here and I also took photos of a few glossimers (posted below).
smiles.gif

wild rose

magnefique

sirop

top: giggle/praline (euro)
bottom: giggle (us)

(l-r): wild rose, magnefique, sirop, giggle/praline, giggle

greatscott2000

OMG I miss Sirop. I hope they re-release.
I cannot wait to see the Fall Glossimers, they look amazing. Plus I'm psyched that this collection is all "Purpled" out. So Lavande-Garde!

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I'm so sad, I cannot find my Ming gloss
ssad.gif
I have looked everywhere like 10 times. I think there are makeup gremlins that carry things away
lol.gif

Don't you hate that?? I really think I will pick up Ming on my next splurge!

stv578

Quote:
We went to a nice restaurant for dh birthday last night & I was wearing Mistral on toes & nails
love.gif
with some hot high slim heel leopard print open toe pumps & the owner went nuts over the color.
girlhaha.gif
She started writing down the color names as I went on about Rivier & Super & Genial. She's like do you work for Chanel
smiles.gif
No, just addicted

I had Mistral on my tips from Sunday till today! Love the colour, such a happy pink, excellent coverage with two coats and the staying power was great too (always use a base and top coat).

I tried out Essie's Pop Art Pink (not too sure if this is the correct name) tonight, and was terribly disappointed in the coverage.

stv578

Does anyone here have the Bleu Celestes quad to comment on it?

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Don't you hate that?? I really think I will pick up Ming on my next splurge!

Its making me crazy! I've looked in purses, coat pockets, drawers
th_crazy2.gif
It better turn up. It is pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I had Mistral on my tips from Sunday till today! Love the colour, such a happy pink, excellent coverage with two coats and the staying power was great too (always use a base and top coat).

I tried out Essie's Pop Art Pink (not too sure if this is the correct name) tonight, and was terribly disappointed in the coverage.

I know, when I saw it in the bottle & did the first coat, I thought it was going to be too sheer, but it was perfect with the second coat!

Miss QQ

Quote:
We went to a nice restaurant for dh birthday last night & I was wearing Mistral on toes & nails
love.gif
with some hot high slim heel leopard print open toe pumps & the owner went nuts over the color.
girlhaha.gif
She started writing down the color names as I went on about Rivier & Super & Genial. She's like do you work for Chanel
smiles.gif
No, just addicted

looks like I need Mistral. No leopard print shoes but pink and those prints are hot together. I've seen bags with the combination and they're hot! And yes, Mistral is not sheer, I applied one coat at the counter and it was visibly pink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Does anyone here have the Bleu Celestes quad to comment on it?

I have it and it is perfect for a polished blue eye makeup. Chanel makes it elegant by having a grey blue shade, and a light shimmery blue shade. The dark blue is a smoked dark blue and the hightlight is a white seashell, not frosty at all. A well put together blue quad IMO.

Quote:
Its making me crazy! I've looked in purses, coat pockets, drawers
th_crazy2.gif
It better turn up. It is pretty

I know, when I saw it in the bottle & did the first coat, I thought it was going to be too sheer, but it was perfect with the second coat!

elle25

I hope this is the right spot to ask this, if not feel free to point me in the right direction
smiles.gif

I really want to get Chanel Dragon lipgloss (I think its called that, I'm extremely new to this brand
tong.gif
) and I was hoping that someone could tell me a good and obviously authentic ebay/online seller.

I am thankful for any help
fluffy.gif

Hypathya

WOW!! This thread it's growing like
th_crazy2.gif
I'm soo excited!!
pompom.gif

I've missed some days and boy, I had to read more than 5 pages!!

So glad to find we have new members posting here!! Welcome darlings!!
th_kiss.gif

th_thstars.gif
I'm so excited for fall
th_thstars.gif

Tomorrow I'll go to pick my summer goodies and now I'm impatient for the fall ones!!
choochoo.gif

Somebody asked for Constellation?? It's my go to gloss. If you read, my favorite pink glosses you'll find it in second place!! And only because, the first one it's the one that began my Chanel addiction!!
heart.gif
It's pinky sheer and has multicolored glitter. Somehow it's perfect alone or with a lippie. It gives the natural yet so pretty look.
heart2.gif

It's an innocent-hot shade.
graucho.gif

Bonitinha I guess you asked how long a Chanel bottle lasts?? I have bottles from 2002 still in perfect shape!!
th_wink3.gif

Can I have Enigma quad already??
th_worship.gif

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks, I asked about Constellation. It's now on my list.
smiles.gif

I want Enigma right now as well!

Here is the swatch of Imprevu. I have thought that Imprevu looks similar to Prim & Proper so I swatched them side by side for myself to compare and they are very different. P&P is much redder. I swatched the blushes with a fresh Chanel sponge tip applicator from the e/s quad (I hardly use the applicators for the e/s) and they look the same on the sponge!

My arm is about NC20.

Left to right: P&P, Imprevu

IMG_3785.jpg

IMG_3786.jpg

Honey&LemonGirl

Hurray for fall previews!!

I def. want the second glossimer in the promo pic!! It looks like a cooler/more blue-based version of Cry Baby (which I've been looking for forever). Chintz Rouge Coco also looks lovelyyy.

Even though the Paradoxe nail polish is probably a shade I've seen many times before from other brands, the promo pic makes it look so... SPECIAL.

Honey&LemonGirl

Also, I was planning on picking up Bronze Universel this weekend (or I guess that's Soleil Tan de Chanel now). Does anyone have a particular brush recommendation to go with it? And could someone describe the finish more accurately to me? Let me know, ladies!

Bonitinha

Hypathya
We missed you
smiles.gif
Wow, good to know about the polishes lasting that long!! (makes mental note that it is ok to start hoarding Chanel polishes)
Summer just barely started here and I am loving it -- but I am really excited for the Fall collection!!

Miss QQ

I always like Chanel's Spring and Fall collections! So excited for this fall!

Those of you who have Super, is it close to Show Orchid? SO is a hot pink and I own it, and hope they are similar so I can pass Super. However, I have a feeling it is redder than Super.