General Chanel Chat

stv578

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
I have it and it is perfect for a polished blue eye makeup. Chanel makes it elegant by having a grey blue shade, and a light shimmery blue shade. The dark blue is a smoked dark blue and the hightlight is a white seashell, not frosty at all. A well put together blue quad IMO.

Thanks, I think!!! It's on the list, especially since it was used for the look on Sienna Miller (which is my favourite!). But it'll have to wait for now. Or not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
Even though the Paradoxe nail polish is probably a shade I've seen many times before from other brands, the promo pic makes it look so... SPECIAL.

The bottle also makes it special! Part of the reason I love Chanel polishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Hypathya
We missed you
smiles.gif
Wow, good to know about the polishes lasting that long!! (makes mental note that it is ok to start hoarding Chanel polishes)

LOL! I found this amusing, and true! I've found that my OPI polishes don't last as well as my Essie polishes, so hopefully Chanel's will be like the Essie.

Quote:
I always like Chanel's Spring and Fall collections! So excited for this fall!

Those of you who have Super, is it close to Show Orchid? SO is a hot pink and I own it, and hope they are similar so I can pass Super. However, I have a feeling it is redder than Super.

I'm going by memory, because I don't own Show Orchid, but have swatched it a few times and always felt it was way too bright for my own personal comfort. Super does apply softer, and once sheered out, is extremely wearable for people like me. Plus, and anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, I think Show Orchid has more blue to it whereas Super is a fairly clean bright pink.

Bonitinha

Quote:

Those of you who have Super, is it close to Show Orchid? SO is a hot pink and I own it, and hope they are similar so I can pass Super. However, I have a feeling it is redder than Super.

Have you checked out Temptalia's blog? She has swatches of both.
Show Orchid: The Summer Season: MAC Show Orchid Lipstick
Super: Chanel Super Rouge Allure Lipstick Review, Photos, Swatches (From Les Pop-Up de Chanel)

Hope that helps!! I really want Super!
winkiss.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
^^ Thanks, I asked about Constellation. It's now on my list.
smiles.gif

Hun, if you get it, if you like it and plan on backing it up, don't hesitate. It was released on summer 2008 and now discontinued in several countries. Hope you find it!!
winkiss.gif

Quote:
Hurray for fall previews!!

Even though the Paradoxe nail polish is probably a shade I've seen many times before from other brands, the promo pic makes it look so... SPECIAL.

Yay!!

Experience tells me, there's no such a thing as a Chanel nailpolish you've seen before!!

Chanel nailpolishes are rarely dupable.

Quote:
Also, I was planning on picking up Bronze Universel this weekend (or I guess that's Soleil Tan de Chanel now). Does anyone have a particular brush recommendation to go with it? And could someone describe the finish more accurately to me? Let me know, ladies!

Try the 187 or 131!!

Quote:
Hypathya
We missed you
smiles.gif
Wow, good to know about the polishes lasting that long!! (makes mental note that it is ok to start hoarding Chanel polishes)
Summer just barely started here and I am loving it -- but I am really excited for the Fall collection!!

Thanks dear!!
kissy.gif

Quote:

Oh yes!! Chanel Spring and Fall collections are THE best!!

I'd die to know if Show Orchid it's close to Super. Riveting didn't arrived here and I'm dying for Show Orchid. Even though it's a pro shade, my pro hasn't restocked it in ages!! If it was really close to Super I could make my peace with it!!

coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ;1939827Here is the swatch of Imprevu. I have thought that Imprevu looks similar to Prim & Proper so I swatched them side by side for myself to compare and they are very different. P&P is much redder. I swatched the blushes with a fresh Chanel sponge tip applicator from the e/s quad (I hardly use the applicators for the e/s) and they look the same on the sponge!

My arm is about NC20.

Left to right: P&P, Imprevu

[IMG

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee345/miss_qq08/Chanel/IMG_3785.jpg[/IMG]

IMG_3786.jpg

Thank you so much for posting this! They do look pretty similar in the pan, but much different on the arm. I think Imprevu looks great with your skin tone and mine is similar, so I'm sure I would love it! Looks like the perfect peachy/coral colour!

Quote:
Also, I was planning on picking up Bronze Universel this weekend (or I guess that's Soleil Tan de Chanel now). Does anyone have a particular brush recommendation to go with it? And could someone describe the finish more accurately to me? Let me know, ladies!

Is that the liquid bronzer of the powder bronzer? I really wanted the liquid one, but it sold out super fast. The manager at my counter said she would try to get one in for me, but it's been over a week and I haven't heard anything, so I'm guessing she couldn't
ssad.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Hurray for fall previews!!

I def. want the second glossimer in the promo pic!! It looks like a cooler/more blue-based version of Cry Baby (which I've been looking for forever). Chintz Rouge Coco also looks lovelyyy.

OMG, Cry Baby is one of my most favoritest Glossimers and polishes!! I backed up both of those babies! I would looooove if Chanel came out with a Glossimer similar to that!

Miss QQ

You're welcome, Coconut. Imprevu is pretty!
love.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Hun, if you get it, if you like it and plan on backing it up, don't hesitate. It was released on summer 2008 and now discontinued in several countries. Hope you find it!!
winkiss.gif

I'd die to know if Show Orchid it's close to Super. Riveting didn't arrived here and I'm dying for Show Orchid. Even though it's a pro shade, my pro hasn't restocked it in ages!! If it was really close to Super I could make my peace with it!!

I didn't know Constellation was from the summer 2008 collection! I love that collection, but I think I missed out the glossimer somehow. Constellation was available at that particular counter I was at on Wednesday, but I'm not sure about the rest. Tomorrow I'm heading to town where there are 5 Chanel counters within 20mins walking time so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at least one of them has it.
yes.gif

Unfortunately, for both of us, I think SO and Super are very different, as Bonitinha pointed out. SO is way brighter and blue.

Quote:
Have you checked out Temptalia's blog? She has swatches of both.
Show Orchid: The Summer Season: MAC Show Orchid Lipstick
Super: Chanel Super Rouge Allure Lipstick Review, Photos, Swatches (From Les Pop-Up de Chanel)

Hope that helps!! I really want Super!
winkiss.gif

Thanks. They are very different! We'll see if I'll cave for Super.
lol.gif

Camnagem

^ I just caved for Super (backordered it).
th_roll1.gif

...and Pink Sugar l/l and Mica glossimer.

...and the primer (illuminating version).
blush-anim-cl.gif

bea_16

Is Spark glossimer worth the hype? I've kind of wanted it for a couple of years but don't know if I should make the splurge.
th_dunno.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:

I have both and will swatch them side by side for you tomorrow. Show Orchid is brighter though...oh and I also have Gladiola, Girl About Town and Nars Schiap. There's no way I ever have enough hot pinks
greengrin.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle25
I hope this is the right spot to ask this, if not feel free to point me in the right direction
smiles.gif

I really want to get Chanel Dragon lipgloss (I think its called that, I'm extremely new to this brand
tong.gif
) and I was hoping that someone could tell me a good and obviously authentic ebay/online seller.

I am thankful for any help
fluffy.gif

Yes this is the right place - Welcome!

Chanel Dragon is a Luminous Satin Lip Lacquer

Not so sure about buying it on Ebay
th_dunno.gif
There may be good sellers but its a crap shoot

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
^ I just caved for Super (backordered it).
th_roll1.gif

...and Pink Sugar l/l and Mica glossimer.

...and the primer (illuminating version).
blush-anim-cl.gif

Let us know how you like everything! Have you tried the lipliners before? I am curious about them -- are they fabulous?

Miss QQ

^^
yes.gif
I have Natural l/l and I love it. It does not tug at my lips.

Shypo

OK, so I hit Saks in Boston yesterday, and the counter manager showed me everything that is coming out until holiday, as it seems that Saks gets first dibs. I will try to remember everything:

Fall - you all know what's coming with that, but the blushes are AWESOME! 3 are new (one of the other ones is Rose Bronze, and I can't remember the other one). New ones include Pink Explosion (mine, all mine!!!), Rose something - maybe Indulgence or Persuasion - very pretty!!, and a deep plum color that will be great on darker skins.

The glossimers are predominantly pink (as you can see from the photos) and most seem to have sparkle (so, yes, these will be mine too!!!).

There's a new size of one of the skin care items (she was flashing stuff in front of me and I couldn't get a good look at names
angry.gif
).

A new Inimitable mascara (maybe I'll now try this!) - not just a new color, a new formula......

The holiday collection (as I recall) includes another tweed blush, and another quad (and I'm sorry, but I cannot recall what colors were in it, but it looked fabulous). I don't recall what lippees were in the collection - again, she was *teasing* me with the photos, trying to get me to pre-order them 'because they would sell out'......yeah, ok. I'm sure they will, but I need to plan these upcoming purchases
girlhaha.gif

Oh, and for my haul, I got Rose Dust blush, Santa Barbara and Porto Rotondo AL lipsticks (these are so pretty, and I've never seen them at other counters though I know you can order them online most anywhere.....SB is a plummy brown shimmer, and PR is a FABULOUS bright pinky red with some glimmer to it), Moonlight, Iris, and Cosmos glossimers. Whew! I left a happy girl!!
yahoo.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
OK, so I hit Saks in Boston yesterday, and the counter manager showed me everything that is coming out until holiday, as it seems that Saks gets first dibs. I will try to remember everything:

Fall - you all know what's coming with that, but the blushes are AWESOME! 3 are new (one of the other ones is Rose Bronze, and I can't remember the other one). New ones include Pink Explosion (mine, all mine!!!), Rose something - maybe Indulgence or Persuasion - very pretty!!, and a deep plum color that will be great on darker skins.

The glossimers are predominantly pink (as you can see from the photos) and most seem to have sparkle (so, yes, these will be mine too!!!).

There's a new size of one of the skin care items (she was flashing stuff in front of me and I couldn't get a good look at names
angry.gif
).

A new Inimitable mascara (maybe I'll now try this!) - not just a new color, a new formula......

The holiday collection (as I recall) includes another tweed blush, and another quad (and I'm sorry, but I cannot recall what colors were in it, but it looked fabulous). I don't recall what lippees were in the collection - again, she was *teasing* me with the photos, trying to get me to pre-order them 'because they would sell out'......yeah, ok. I'm sure they will, but I need to plan these upcoming purchases
girlhaha.gif

Oh, and for my haul, I got Rose Dust blush, Santa Barbara and Porto Rotondo AL lipsticks (these are so pretty, and I've never seen them at other counters though I know you can order them online most anywhere.....SB is a plummy brown shimmer, and PR is a FABULOUS bright pinky red with some glimmer to it), Moonlight, Iris, and Cosmos glossimers. Whew! I left a happy girl!!
yahoo.gif

So fun! I love hearing your shopping adventures. If I lived near a Chanel counter, I would do some serious damage
smiles.gif
Can't wait for the Fall blushes and glossimers!!
yahoo.gif

Miss QQ

Enjoy your haul, Shypo! Thanks for the news on the upcoming fall and holiday collection! I'm very excited and I need to start saving strictly.

I hauled today and am very happy, but I need to stay away from Chanel counters for a while. No more makeup except for the duos until fall collection arrives. Skincare is still allowed.
winks.gif

I came back with:
Rose Petale
Mythic
Genial
Pop
Bikini Peach
Bondi Beach
Constellation - sold out at the first counter and I found it at another counter
Hydramax+Active gel cream
Eye makeup remover

Oh, I'm proud to say I resisted Mistral!
lol.gif

The MA, who works for Chanel for 8 year, is very nice! She gave me quite a number of samples, among which were Hydramax+Active Nutrition cream, Hydramax+Active cream, Hydramax+Active serum, and best of all, Rouge Coco Legende! It is a mini lipstick and I can bring it out!
thmbup.gif
Now I wish I have bought the lip care - no sample for it.

I want to share that I also bought a wallet on a chain from the boutique today. It is a black lambskin with silver hardware. It was irresistible and I justified the purchase (to myself) by saying that I needed an elegant bag for two wedding dinners next month. I am a bad girl today for overspending, and I hope I will not regret the purchase.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo

th_drool.gif
I want I want
lol.gif
Lucky You!

Quote:

I came back with:
Rose Petale
Mythic
Genial
Pop
Bikini Peach
Bondi Beach
Constellation - sold out at the first counter and I found it at another counter
Hydramax+Active gel cream
Eye makeup remover

I want to share that I also bought a wallet on a chain

Hun you're gonna need a wallet on a chain
lol.gif

nice haul!

Honey&LemonGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Hun you're gonna need a wallet on a chain
lol.gif

Oh gosh, I laughed out loud. Ahahahahaha.
th_LMAO.gif

stv578

Happy haulin' ladies!

I still have a few items on my wish list, but I'm going to wait it out at leat till my next pay cheque!!! (I'm currently working overtime as I type this, lol!).

The following items still need to come home with me...

Bleu Celeste quad
Precision Ultra Correction Serum (i had a fairly lengthy discussion the other day with the Chanel sales rep, and this sound perfect for my needs!).
Marine blue e/l
The purple'y new duo (Misty?)

For the fall...
Enigma quad
The lightest pink glossimer (though I gotta see it irl first)
Both polishes

On a side note... my daughter today was pulling stuff out of my make-up drawer, and DH noticed the boxes of quad and JC's neatly lined up in there! Made a comment, naturally, thinking I had bought all of it recently. But in my defense, everything in there is between 3 months and 4 or so years old!!!

elegant-one

Quote:
Oh gosh, I laughed out loud. Ahahahahaha.
th_LMAO.gif

greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578

Precision Ultra Correction Serum (i had a fairly lengthy discussion the other day with the Chanel sales rep, and this sound perfect for my needs!).

On a side note... my daughter today was pulling stuff out of my make-up drawer, and DH noticed the boxes of quad and JC's neatly lined up in there! Made a comment, naturally, thinking I had bought all of it recently. But in my defense, everything in there is between 3 months and 4 or so years old!!!

^
love.gif
aw, that is so cute. Just tell hubby not to look - it will be easier for him
lol.gif

Did she give you samples of the UCS - I hope. Its the only thing that I've used that I see immediate results.

hubby said - isn't there some makeup you wanted to look at today? Nah, me???
lol.gif
so I guess we're off to look at some goodies & dinner
tong.gif

Bonitinha

MissQQ -- lucky!! I would love to see pics of everyone's hauls -- adds to the makeup lust
winkiss.gif

Latest posts