Getting your partners name tattooed?

xxManBeaterxx

What are your thoughts? Is it completely bonkers? Me and my husband just got married on 6/7/08 -_- i know cliche but is a real easy date to remember lol. But we've been together for 6 years, 7 years this december, and ive been thinking about getting his named tattoed on the left side of my lower back, yay or nay?

Do you have your partners named tattoed? Would you ever? How about any other tattos that has a significance to your partner.

--EDIT-- OMG!!! i spelt partner's named wrong in the title name, it looks like parents!!, can a mod fix my typo please
ssad.gif

pat

Re: Getting your parenters name tattoed?

persoanlly, i would NEVER get my husbands name tattooed on my body. Only my children.

why? because you never know what may happen in the future. hehe..

jenjunsan

PLEASE don't!!! My ex-husband and I were married for 10 years...together beyond that. I thought we would be together for ever...but he had other ideas. I wish you the best, but please don't. I do have a tattoo though....after he left I realized how much I had changed and how constricted I had been in the relationship. When I found the "real" me again, I felt like a butterfly finding its wings...so, I had a butterfly tattooed on my lower back. If you want to get something to do with you guys as a couple, get something symbolic that you would still like should something (God forbid) happen. But PLEASE don't get a name!

coachkitten

I would never get another persons name tattooed on my body! No way no how! I have a tattoo already so I am not opposed to tattoos at all. But things happen changes and why would you want to be stuck with someones name on you.

sixpixee

I wouldn't get his name tattooed on me, but we do have matching tattoos. We both have four tigers tattooed on our backs, to represent us and our two children.

makeup_queen81

I have 12 tattoos and i would NEVER get my husbands name tattooed on me, however i do have a semi large piece on my forearm that represents the day we got married...so i say totally get something that means something to you other than his name/

Monica22

You No I would love to do something like that for my Man but at the same time.. I feel that it's not safe Just in case something happens in the future maybe if im 80 and on my death bed and still with him i would lol

I mean i don't think people are stupid for doing it i just don't think i could.

jenjunsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeup_queen81
I have 12 tattoos and i would NEVER get my husbands name tattooed on me, however i do have a semi large piece on my forearm that represents the day we got married...so i say totally get something that means something to you other than his name/

That's exactly what I was trying to say!!! (I'm just long winded....lol)

M.A.C. head.

LOL It's funny that you made a typo and that it looks like "parents" because I would actually get my mom and/or dad's name tatted on me before I would get my husband's. My parents will always be my parents but it's not guaranteed that my husband and I will always be married. I would definitely get my daughter's name done, thinking about it.

I agree with getting matching tats or tats that are symbolic to the both of you, but not names.

talste

Re: Getting your partners name tattoed?

I wouldn't do it for all of the above reasons, I like the idea of getting something symbolic & meaningful to your husband/marriage rather than his name tattooed on.

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by talste
I wouldn't do it for all of the above reasons, I like the idea of getting something symbolic & meaningful to your husband/marriage rather than his name tattooed on.

I totally agree. The good thing about symbols, also, is that you can adapt their meanings to your life....names aren't as versatile.

Beauty Mark

Unless he shares the name of someone you'll pretty much always love, like if you have children, no. It's one of those weird things where you pretty much ask for something bad to happen and then you're stuck with that name on you forever or pretty much close to it.

If you choose to symbolically represent him on your body, I'd make sure it's a symbol that you genuinely like as is without his added meaning.

xsnowwhite

I would not get a tatoo of anything at all, so no to the name thing. Honestly, you never know what can happen and someday you just may not like it at all. I wouldn't reccomend it. I have heard of way too many negative experiences of women who have gotten a name tattooed.

SingFrAbsoltion

Two words:
Hell no.

I would never ever do that. Now, getting something to represent him is a different story. I might consider that

ms.marymac

I know artists that hesitate to do it because there's an old superstition about it being bad luck.

fash10nista

After reading all the replies in this thread, I guess I must be the exception to the rule.

My hubby and I will have been together 16 years this August, married 7 years in September. We have two beautiful and wonderful children and yes, I have his name tattooed on my right shoulder. He also has my name on his left chest. We've both got other skin art but our names were done when we were both only 18 or 19.

I believe he is my soulmate and likewise for him. Yes, each relationship is different (We were not without our rocky moments!) but I believe that a relationship is about growing, getting to know each other and accepting each other flaws. Even I cannot say what lies in the future for us but I do know this: whatever may happen, he will always have a place in my heart, not only because of our children but because he has taught me so much as a person. Our tattoos are representative of all that we've gone thorough until now.

Sorry to sound so emo, but I thought I should share the other side of the coin, so to speak...
blush-anim-cl.gif

purrtykitty

No on the name for the same reasons everyone else has stated. I'm not against any tattoo, since I have one. I'd agree with getting a symbol, though as long as you could attach separate significance to it.

CantAffordMAC

My ex boyfriend has my name big as hell on his upper arm, with a big flower underneath. Its flatering...i was going to get his on my wrist. But he is my EX bf...yes we may get back together but as we all know life is unpredictable

I would get it done though lol. I'm young...if i make a mistake then hey, ill cover it up. i am also a freak and i love about every tattoo.
greengrin.gif

SkylarV217

I wouldn't... I had a stalker who got my name tattooed on his back .... Its really creepy so that may be a huge part of my opinion. Not saying that you two will split up , but thats not the only bad thing that could happen that would eventually lead to you being married to someone else. They are really expensive & painful to have removed so don't tattoo anything on your body that you couldn't live with for the rest of your life NO MATTER WHAT !!! If you want something go with a symbol.

CaseyKezerian

I would after I got married. If anything happens, which hopefully it wont I only want to be married one time, I can always have it covered. But I would only do it if we both got it done.