Getting your partners name tattooed?

wittynickname

There's no way I could put someone else's name on my body in the form of a tattoo. I can't even wear matching outfits without giggling.

If i were to get a tattoo, I'd want to put one of M.C. Escher's prints on my back. Of course, I'm not big enough of a canvas. And the cost of the tattoo would be prohibitive. Then there's the pain of hours and hours under the tattoo gun.

NutMeg

I have an Escher on my back, as you can see. Although I added some details.

Why are you going around resurrecting so many old threads?

wittynickname

I have an Escher on my back, as you can see. Although I added some details.

Why are you going around resurrecting so many old threads?

I had a lot of coffee and I was procrastinating. When I'm hyped up on sugar and caffeine, it's easy to endlessly write.

DILLIGAF

I'm tattooed and I always said I wouldn't even put my name much less someone elses. I have a few cousins that have their own names tattooed on. I just dont get it. *shrugs* Oh well to each his own.

NutMeg

I had a lot of coffee and I was procrastinating. When I'm hyped up on sugar and caffeine, it's easy to endlessly write.

Just as a heads up, it's pretty irritating when people resurrect long dead threads. Then you get tons of people replying who don't realize that it's been three years since the OP was posted, giving advice, etc, and it clogs up the newer threads.

Although seeing all of these threads is making me feel nostalgic. It's ironic, I've been away for such a long time and as soon as I start reading again there's all of these threads from when I was around more.

Paint&Ink Chick

I would never ever do that. Now, getting something to represent him is a different story. I might consider that

RIGHT!! Nope, nope and noda again lol. Only man's name I got and will ever get on me is my children. But I do plan to get a cousin, who was killed & the best:) But how about maybe doing the date in roman numerals (or how ever it's spelled) or something meaningful to that date for the both of you.

Cupid

Oh boy here we go...I'm going to be the odd woman out here.
I personally wouldn't have a problem getting my boyfriends name tattooed on me.

I'm sure everyone's thinking of 99 different ways to express how stupid that sounds...but I do have an explination!

To me tattoos are apart of your body's history. They can represent so many different things and we get them for so many different reasons. Although we may think they're a great idea at the time...later on in life you may think differently.

I currently have five tattoos. Two of which are cover ups. They aren't of anyone's name...I simply was unhappy with what the artist had done (perfect example of the saying cheap tattoos aren't good and good tattoos aren't cheap), so I had them changed to the same thing but bigger, better, and with color. I will probably get my very first tattoo, which is a crowned star on my lower back, covered up in the next year or so. I'm sure a lot of people are thinking 'why'? Because I want something that is more symbolic and special to me...so I am getting flowers to represent my family members instead!

So in short...I don't think name tattoos are a bad idea...but definitely be smart when you get them. In other words don't get your significant other's name in huge block letters. I had a friend get her guy's name across her entire stomach...then they broke up and she decided to get that covered up with massive flowers. Remember that something small that can be concealed by clothing. The smaller the tattoo the easier it is to have covered up if you do break up/divorce.

Goat Goat Etc.

Getting their name is risky-although you feel love and emotion for your mate nothing is guaranteed to stick so...why not just get the numbers you mentioned? "6/7/08?" You could tell anyone whatever you wanted when they'd ask you about it.
ok.gif

k.a.t

But hey, whatever you like personally. Go for it.

I agree with you completely :)

if you already got married (which is the most permanent, sacred bond as you say) then surely a tattoo is nothing scary...I mean you already believe you're with this person forever don't you?

makes no sense to me :S