Getting your partners name tattooed?

Tsunami Rose

I don't know why this is such a big deal with people.

I would love to have my husband's name on me. And I'm planning on it. I have an M on my ring finger for his name. But I think I'm ready to go the next step.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibi
don't get me wrong, im not saying that having a tatoo is the only thing which make the relationship commited, and i never said thats something nessesary for the relationship at all.. i am so in love with my bf.
Thats just a little thing about me, yes, i would honestly like it a lot.

CantAffordMac, its huge!
winkiss.gif

I know right?? lol, its damn big! Its kinda funny that we broke up (lol) im awful! But we will probably get back together
yes.gif

xxManBeaterxx

This reminds me of this guy i know. I knew he didnt have a girl friend, and we went to the beach one day and as he was taking off his shirt, yes i looked lol (im married) he had this huge ass tattoo that filled half his body and it said MEGHAN in script. I was like is that your dog or something? Hes like lol no its my ex girlfriend, poor thing wants to get it removed now LOL

user79

Re: Getting your partners name tattoed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
This is a German article, but Heidi Klum has a tatoo with Seal's name now. You can see the pictures here:

GLAMOUR.de - Tätowierung: Heidi Klum mit Seal- Tattoo

You can click on the pictures to enlarge them!

Wow she is looking as gorgeous as ever. The tat is creative but I think it's a bit large on her...

I wouldn't ever get it done personally.

V15U4L_3RR0R

I wouldn't do it personally, What if you split up? It's stuck there forever then.

And you'd have to find someone else to go out with with the same name for the rest of your life lmao.

SuSana

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleaxo
i don't understand the whole "tattooing names means you'll break up" theory. that makes no sense. if you were meant to break up, you'll break up.. i don't think ink has anything to do with that. even if you do break up, what's wrong with having a tattoo there that represents someone you loved, and who loved you, and was a part of your life?

I agree. I have tattoos (nobody's name) but that doesn't mean I wouldn't get my husbands name, when I get married. My sister always said she wouldn't get a tattoo, blah blah, but before her husband went to Iraq, he got her name and their wedding date on his back. While he was there she got his name tatted on her...on the inside of her lip. Yes, inside her mouth. It actually looks pretty cool, good thing his name is only 4 letters lol. I went with her, it only took 10 minutes and she said it didn't hurt much. When my brother-in-law came back he was in shock because she so isn't like that. I think it's just symbolic for some people, and for other people they would never consider it.

You should just do it if you want to.
smiles.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleaxo

i don't understand the whole "tattooing names means you'll break up" theory. that makes no sense. if you were meant to break up, you'll break up.. i don't think ink has anything to do with that. even if you do break up, what's wrong with having a tattoo there that represents someone you loved, and who loved you, and was a part of your life?

Because you're assuming that the breakup will be a decent one, however, if it was a bad break up or you found out the guy cheated on you, or whatever, most people wouldn't really want to be reminded of that everytime they look down at their tattoo.

Also, if a new partner comes along, he or she might not want to look at the tatoo of another man or woman's name on the partner everytime they have sex, for example. I know a girl who got the name of her bf put on her lower back, I just thought that if she breaks up and a new guy comes a long, everytime he's hitting it from behind he's gonna be looking down at another guy's name. Mood-killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
th_LMAO.gif

NutMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Also, if a new partner comes along, he or she might not want to look at the tatoo of another man or woman's name on the partner everytime they have sex, for example. I know a girl who got the name of her bf put on her lower back, I just thought that if she breaks up and a new guy comes a long, everytime he's hitting it from behind he's gonna be looking down at another guy's name. Mood-killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
th_LMAO.gif

Haha, thanks for making me laugh. That's an awesome story.

cyanidewine

me and my boyfriend of 2 years got some little silly matching tattoos on the inside of our lips.
I'd never get a name done on me, EVER, so we decided if its in our lips, no one can see it, ourselves included for the most part. Plus, it may fade over a year or so, so its not a huge deal.

*KT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeliBoss
About 14 months after the tattoo I was leaving him .... And now I'm stuck with the tattoo...luckily its his nick name "BOSS" which comes from our last name (which I'm still stuck with) So I can play it off a little...but I know what it stands for
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by static_universe
I'd maybe consider it after 10 or so years of being together. But I'm going to second the matching tattoo idea or a symbol or something. But lucky for me, my girlfriend's name is also a city in Texas, so if that ever happens, I could just say I really like Texas.

static_univere's comment made me think...

And when MeliBoss gets remarried, she can just say "I'm a HUGE Springsteen fan!"
winks.gif

aimerbijoux

Personally I don't want a tattoo ever, and I always promised myself I'd never get a tattoo of a guy's name...but my boyfriend (fiancee in a year) is so set on getting MY name tattooed on him after the first time we make love (both virgins) and he asked if I would do the same for him and I said yes. I would if it was something he really wanted me to do but I think its kind of cheesy. I dont mind my name on him though.

mona lisa

I saw a woman who had her husband's name tattooed across her back in calligraphy a while ago...it looked very pretty. Of course he is about to become her ex-husband and she is in the midst of a custody battle for the children so I have to agree with the ladies here who say get a symbol of something meaningful for the two of you and avoid the use of actual names.

Symbols after all as others have said already can be redefined as to their meaning if needed down the road.

NutMeg

greengrin.gif
I am so in love with it. I just got it coloured last night. Its not for a guy in case you all were wondering. Its a memorial tattoo.

MAC_Pixie04

Don't do it. You're not a psychic and nothing in life is guaranteed. Yeah 7 years together is a long time and it seems like a sure thing, but you never know.

My boyfriend's and my anniversary is 04/05/06 (Similar sequence, easy to remember!). I've been thinking of a creative way to have the numbers incorporated into a tattoo. It's not his name, but it's a representation of us. And even we don't last, it's still significant to me, because it marked a time in my life where I experienced a lot of new things, some growing up, and it marks when I was blessed enough to find love.

And if we're not together and somebody asks what it means, I can BS it way better than his name plastered somewhere on my body. That's gonna be a hard one to fake.

snowflakelashes

I'd go with a symbol. Personally, though I think memorial tattoo's are sweet. I would consider getting one for my parents, only after they were passed on. I had the best parents though that I will love forever, I feel blessed and lucky to have had them. Maybe I'd change my tune if I felt that strongly about a guy but at this point in my life, my perspective is that nothing is gauranteed to be forever...

babyfauxblondie

i personally would never get my partner's name tattooed on me. as much as i love tattoos, i think getting a SO's name is just going to jinx the relationship. in my opinion, i don't think you need to get your partner's name inked on to prove your love for them
smiles.gif

leslie

Well, personally, I would never get my husband's name tattooed on me. And he feels the same way. We got matching tattoos on our first wedding anniversary. It's a red rose with a swallow. I knew I wanted it on my arm somewhere. The tattoo artist that we went to suggested that I get mine on my forearm and my husband on his upper wrist, so that when we hold hands, you can see both of them.
100_4095.jpg