• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Golden Brown w/a Splash of Green...LOTs of Pics!!

Ambonee

This is my VERY first tutorial.
oh.gif
A few people have asked me to do one so I finally attempted it! It took me FOREVER!
th_LMAO.gif
Hopefully I did it right...I hope you all enjoy!!

The look we are going for:
March2008looks385.jpg

This is the stuff I used:
Tutorial002.jpg

Face stuff:
Studio Fix Fluid in NW20, Studio fix powder in C3, Moisturizer, prep and prime skin.
Sculpt and Shape in Lightsweep/Shadester, Pinch Me blush, Pink Opal pigment.

Eye stuff:
Painterly Paint Pot, Cash Flow Paint Pot, Soft Brown e/s, Folie e/s, Embark e/s, Brule e/s, Gorgeous Gold e/s, Carbon e/s, Corduroy e/s, Blacktrack f/l, Plushlash Mascara, Maybeline Great Lash, Graphblack t/k, UD 24/7 pencil in Covet, Goldenaire Softsparkle pencil, Duo adhesive, #7 lashes, Pink Opal pigment.

Lips:
Love Nectar lustreglass

Brushes:
129, 150, 168, 217, 219, 222, 239, 252, 266, 266se, 311.

Start out with a bare face
(**eeek I don't know if I've ever really shown myself on here with no make-up!**)
NOTE: I usually do my eyes first. I feel it is easier to clean up any fallout from eyeshadows/pigments before the face make-up is on, if I do my face first and make a mess I end up caking the make-up on to fix it. You can do whatever you are comfortable with.
March2008looks312.jpg

Put Cash Flow paint pot on the eyelid up to the crease. (I use my finger for this because it puts the right amount of product on and doesn't leave it streaky like my brush does.)
March2008looks314.jpg

Add Painterly Paint pot from the crease up to the brow bone (pretty much anywhere the shadow will be)
March2008looks317.jpg

March2008looks318.jpg

Pick up the transitional color Soft Brown e/s with the 217 brush. This color is not really meant to be seen, it's there to help the other colors blend well.
March2008looks320.jpg

Apply it to the crease and outer corner of the eye, blending it into the paint pot.
March2008looks321.jpg
March2008looks324.jpg

Add Folie e/s in the same place as Soft Brown going just a little bit higher into the crease. Blend the colors together with the same 217 brush.
March2008looks326.jpg

March2008looks327.jpg

Add Embark e/s to the outer corner and crease using the 222 brush. This brush is packed tighter than the 217 so it will blend the color in a more precise area. Put it in the actual crease it self to add depth to the combo.
March2008looks328.jpg

Pick up Carbon e/s with the 219 (bullet) brush.
March2008looks330.jpg

Add it only to the outer corner of the eye. Pack it on well.
March2008looks331.jpg

Then blend the color into the crease with the 217 brush.
March2008looks332.jpg

Take the highlight color Brule e/s and put it on the brow bone with the 252 brush. Blend it downward into the other colors. You don't need a lot!!
March2008looks334.jpg

Take the 217 and blend the crease again slightly so there is no harsh line from the highlight color to the crease.
March2008looks335.jpg

Add Gorgeous Gold e/s to the lid with the 239 brush. Pack the color on. Take the 217 and again blend the crease so there are no harsh lines.
March2008looks337.jpg

Pick up Blacktrack f/l with the 311 brush.
March2008looks340.jpg

Apply it to the lower lash line. (I go directly on the waterline but again that is personal preference)
March2008looks342.jpg

Add Blacktrack f/l to the upper lash line with the 266 brush. Try and keep the liner thin.
March2008looks343.jpg

To "complete" the liner look add Graphblack t/k to the upper waterline.
March2008looks345.jpg

Put your moisturizer and face primer on.
March2008looks346.jpg

Then onto the foundation.
Put Studio Fix Fluid in various spots on the face.
March2008looks348.jpg

Blend into the face.
March2008looks349.jpg

Pick up the Studio Fix powder with the 150 brush and apply.
March2008looks351.jpg

Apply Goldenaire Softsparkle Pencil on the lower lash line in the inner corners of the eye.
March2008looks354.jpg

March2008looks355.jpg

Apply UD 24/7 pencil in Covet to the lower lash line from Goldenaire out.
March2008looks357.jpg

Apply a coat of Plushblack.
March2008looks359.jpg

Then add a coat of Maybelline Great Lash for a little more oomph.
March2008looks361.jpg

March2008looks362.jpg

Curl your lashes.
March2008looks363.jpg

Pick up the Sculpt and Shape (sculpt side) with the 168 brush.
March2008looks364.jpg

Make a fish face and apply to the hallows of the cheeks.
March2008looks365.jpg

March2008looks367.jpg

Apply Pinch Me blush with the 129 brush.
March2008looks368.jpg

Grab Corduroy e/s (or the e/s of your choice
smiles.gif
) with the 266se brush (this one is thicker than the normal 266 and fits my brows perfectly) and fill them in. I only did one brow in the next picture, look at the HUGE difference!
thmbup.gif

March2008looks369.jpg

March2008looks370.jpg

Add dots of Pink Opal Pigment to the brow bone and just above the apples of your cheeks.
March2008looks371.jpg

apply with the 129 brush for the cheeks and the 252 brush to the brow.
March2008looks372.jpg

Apply a thin strip of Duo Adhesive to the #7 lashes.
March2008looks378.jpg

I usually apply the lashes from the outside toward the inside of the eye. If there is any glue showing add some more Blacktrack f/l to cover it up once the glue is dry.
March2008looks379.jpg

March2008looks380.jpg

Add Love Nectar Lusterglass.
March2008looks385.jpg

and we're done. I hope you all liked it!!
March2008looks393.jpg

WOW! that took a very long time! I hope I did ok. Let me know what you think. Any CC would be awesome! Have a great weekend everyone!!

And I just have to say, I REALLY admire those who do this a lot. Tutorials are A LOT of work and you do them all the time for the lovely people of Specktra!
clap.gif
Thank you!
th_worship.gif

iluvmac

Thanks so much, great job!! Just one question: is it Love Nectar (as you wrote in the list) or Flusterose Lustreglass?

LRG

i'm so happy you did this! i love your fotds and having been dying to know your eyeshadow placement =)
so, thanks so much for this! it's great!
you're very talented and beautiful.

Ambonee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac
Thanks so much, great job!! Just one question: is it Love Nectar (as you wrote in the list) or Flusterose Lustreglass?

Yup. It was Love Nectar (the peachy one) I have Flusterose but it's very pink on me. My lips are pretty pigmented so Love Nectar comes out a corally-pink on me haha. I think it may just looks different on me.
smiles.gif
But it is my favorite (already gone through 4
shockt.gif
.)

Edited: Oh! and Thank you ladies!! You guys are so sweet!!

Ambonee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaykinzie
I love this tut! You look gorgeous! What color studio fix do you wear?

Thanks!! I wear C3 in Studio Fix
smiles.gif