Guerlain discussion

Liz2012

Thanks gracie for sharing, LOVE your pics!
eyelove.gif
Your swatch of Madame Rougit is just beautiful, so excited to get this blush and i hope i'll never run out of it
tong.gif

gracie90

Thanks gracie for sharing, LOVE your pics!
eyelove.gif
Your swatch of Madame Rougit is just beautiful, so excited to get this blush and i hope i'll never run out of it
tong.gif
It's very pigmented, so I know I won't be running out of it anytime soon since I only need to use a tiny bit at a time!

Icecaramellatte

Madame Rougit is a lot more coral-y compared to Horizon, and there's less shimmer too. It's really pretty though!!
Love the pink brush! Gracie- Thanks so much for the comparison swatches. I am definitely getting the Madame Rougit. I think Horizon is great for spring but I don't use it much for fall and this one looks like it will work well. Thanks again.

stacekang

Oooh that new blush is amazing! I use Guerlain Lingerie de Peau invisible skin fusion foundation and pressed meteorites powder as my "go to" and I also loveeee their eyeshadow primer! I just want to know when new meteorites are coming out... I have never bought any because I know once I get one, I will want every new one..... But I am thinking its time to get some

katred

Specktra Bestie
Here's a review of one of the duos from Sara and Colour Me Loud:

http://www.colormeloud.com/2013/07/guerlain-ecrin-2-couleurs-eye-shadow.html

How do we feel about sparklies? I'm a little nervous, but I really like how the combination works on her.

iATEaSEAmonster

How do we feel about sparklies? I'm a little nervous, but I really like how the combination works on her.
There doesn't look to be much fall out, but that's just on her end. :/ Hopefully, our experience will be the same.

Anitacska

Wow she has gorrgeous eyes! The duo looks nice on her, but I think I'll pass on them anyway, since I have so many eyeshadows and none of them seem very distinctive.

Sylvia60

Thanks for the link!
I was interested to see the two different ways of applying the duo had the same final effect.

sarabeautime

Hi everyone,

thanks for link Katred, :-*

I started by reviewing the duos because I was very disappointed with the blush. I took the pictures with enthusiasm then I wanted to swatch it. First two colors on right side is so buttery and finely milled, then I wanted to swatch the vibrant pink shade on left corner down. It was hard like stone, no color pay off, had to run my fingers multiple times to get "anything" that I could show on swatch :-((

I was so heart broken. The packaging and design is so pretty! It couldn't be true.

I also compared it with Chanel Horizon, which appears more pink, why? Because the pink shades in Guerlain Rougit doesn't have any color pay off.

Anyone else with similar experience?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hi everyone,

I started by reviewing the duos because I was very disappointed with the blush. I took the pictures with enthusiasm then I wanted to swatch it. First two colors on right side is so buttery and finely milled, then I wanted to swatch the vibrant pink shade on left corner down. It was hard like stone, no color pay off, had to run my fingers multiple times to get "anything" that I could show on swatch :-((

I was so heart broken. The packaging and design is so pretty! It couldn't be true.

I also compared it with Chanel Horizon, which appears more pink, why? Because the pink shades in Guerlain Rougit doesn't have any color pay off.

Thanks for the excellent review!

That's extremely disappointing (not for my wallet) about the blush. I'm curious to know, though, if you have the same problems when you actually apply it. I find that the blush duos from Guerlain swatch terribly- I can hardly get some of them to show up! But when I apply them on my cheeks with a brush (mostly my Nars Yachiyo) I have no problems at all. Even Chic Pink, the lightest of the shades, has plenty of colour payoff, but I can't get it to swatch properly to save my life.
shrugs.gif

I shouldn't be upset that there might be a collectable Guerlain blush that I don't want, but I hate to see them disappoint...

vaisforluvrs

Hi everyone,

Oh no! I was looking forward to purchasing it :( The duos look nice, but I don't really want to spend that much on two shadows when I know I can buy an entire UD palette for the same amount of money.

sarabeautime

Thanks for the excellent review!

That's extremely disappointing (not for my wallet) about the blush. I'm curious to know, though, if you have the same problems when you actually apply it. I find that the blush duos from Guerlain swatch terribly- I can hardly get some of them to show up! But when I apply them on my cheeks with a brush (mostly my Nars Yachiyo) I have no problems at all. Even Chic Pink, the lightest of the shades, has plenty of colour payoff, but I can't get it to swatch properly to save my life.
shrugs.gif

I shouldn't be upset that there might be a collectable Guerlain blush that I don't want, but I hate to see them disappoint...
Your question is really well thought of and right. I don't see a problem once I apply it but I think it is because 2 of the 4 shades, which makes up two third of the blush is nice in quality. Mainly the dark pink shade is not working, which one might not recognize unless you are a beauty blogger or spectra.net member and want to swatch each color one by one LOL.

On the other hand, I think at this price point, I wouldn't like to accept one third plastic finish in my blush. Good thing about this is though, the design does last a long time LOL.

I tried to write my thoughts down in the new post. http://www.colormeloud.com/2013/07/guerlain-blush-4-couleurs-madame-rougit.html

Maybe it is just me, I was expecting similar quality to their bronzers, but you are right, texture of their blushes are a little different.