Guerlain discussion

SubwayDreaming

After your reading your comments on Grenade, I had to check it out for myself. It's gorgeous -- not sure how I overlooked it before. I bought it and I'm wearing it today!
smiles.gif

One of my favourite shades "Grenade" looks like it should be easily dupe-able, but I don't have anything like it in my collection. It's a rosy pink-red with a faint shimmer, which sounds completely average, but it's so wonderful. I find that with all the Rouge G's that I've bought. There is definitely something to the hype.

Anitacska

Thanks for posting this. Funny how in the promo pictures the new blush looked so much more pink! I don't mind that much though, I love my Blush G and this way I'll have a pretty close dupe that I won't even have to touch... cause it's so pretty!
love.gif
And yes, the Blush G does have quite a lot of fine gold shimmer (imo not overspray at all).

Initial side by side. Doesn't Serie Noire have a lot of golden shimmer, though?

vaisforluvrs

Thanks for posting this. Funny how in the promo pictures the new blush looked so much more pink! I don't mind that much though, I love my Blush G and this way I'll have a pretty close dupe that I won't even have to touch... cause it's so pretty!
love.gif
And yes, the Blush G does have quite a lot of fine gold shimmer (imo not overspray at all).
I wasn't "into" blushes at the time, but now I wish I had bought Blush G. It looks so pretty in swatches. I'd love to have something similar, with the fine gold shimmer, if anyone has any recommendations.

iATEaSEAmonster

I think I'll be skipping the Guerlain Fall Collection. Nothing's really catching my eye. I'm more holding out hope (and dollars) for the holiday collection. :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
I think my blush should be here tomorrow!
pompom.gif
Can't wait to hear what you think about it!!

I've clearly been anticipating this collection on a subconscious level this week... I've worn Guerlain products every day except today, without any intention of doing so.

gracie90

Quote:
Can't wait to hear what you think about it!!

I've clearly been anticipating this collection on a subconscious level this week... I've worn Guerlain products every day except today, without any intention of doing so.
This will be my first Guerlain product - I'm looking forward to seeing what the holiday collection entails!
I've been buying less and less MAC lately. With all the price increases and drama, I'm drifting towards spending my money at Chanel, Dior, Tom Ford (and now Guerlain!) instead. It's more expensive per item, but I find I can be more selective with my purchases, and I'm only ending up with things that I really really love.

vaisforluvrs

Quote:
This will be my first Guerlain product - I'm looking forward to seeing what the holiday collection entails!
I've been buying less and less MAC lately. With all the price increases and drama, I'm drifting towards spending my money at Chanel, Dior, Tom Ford (and now Guerlain!) instead. It's more expensive per item, but I find I can be more selective with my purchases, and I'm only ending up with things that I really really love.
iagree.gif
I've been skipping lots of MAC collections this year. My go-to lipsticks tend to be Guerlain or Chanel, so I would rather spend a bit more on something that I know I will love, rather than buying into the LE hype of MAC. I'm looking forward to trying Tom Ford this Fall too, which I can't do if I continue to buy lots of MAC.

gracie90

Do you have Chanel Blush Horizon? I'm wondering how these compare as the Blush Horizon has pink and peach shades in it.
I do! It's my favourite blush!
I can swatch them both when my Guerlain one arrives - I'll have to take iPhone photos though, so they might not be the best!