Guerlain discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
Still unsure about the blush. It's pretty but I tend to not do well with bright pinks. And now I kind of want Madam Batifole...
Not to enable, of course, but she does seem to say that the colour is quite soft unless it's layered... So it's really only a bright pink if you want it to be.
angelic.gif

I'm pretty much sold on Madames Batifole and Flirt at this point. Everything else shall be decided on the field of battle.

vaisforluvrs

Not to enable, of course, but she does seem to say that the colour is quite soft unless it's layered... So it's really only a bright pink if you want it to be.
angelic.gif

I'm pretty much sold on Madames Batifole and Flirt at this point. Everything else shall be decided on the field of battle.
Good to know! I suppose I could always return it or sell it here if it doesn't quite work for me. The only other deal breaker would be the scent. I hope it's not too strong. I bought the pressed meterorites and the scent was way too strong for me.

Anneri

Good to know! I suppose I could always return it or sell it here if it doesn't quite work for me. The only other deal breaker would be the scent. I hope it's not too strong. I bought the pressed meterorites and the scent was way too strong for me.
She says that the scent is the same as in the loose Meteorites and quite intense. HTH!

SubwayDreaming

This happens to me all the time. The two Guerlain counters closest to me (The Bay) aren't very good - often they don't know much about the current collections, let alone upcoming collections!

However, I do have a lot of luck with the lovely ladies at Shoppers Drug Mart -- but they no longer carry any limited edition products.

Quote: Originally Posted by DayBattlePaint
I called my Nordstrom Guerlain counter to have one on hold when it comes out. They didn't even know what I was talking about and asked me,
"where did you see this?"
"...a press release?"
That seems to happen a lot. Why wouldn't they be told of upcoming collections...

Miss QQ

Flirt looks very pretty when worn down, and I think it is a pretty everyday colour, so I could be buying it. Madame Batifole is stunning, although it isn't something I'll wear all the time. The blush is beautiful, I think I'll cave.

katred

Specktra Bestie
The Rouge G texture is amazing. You will love it!
iagree.gif
Yes, they cost a fortune, but there really isn't much that can compete with their formula. Also, the shades tend to have a complexity to them that makes them stand out from others. One of my favourite shades "Grenade" looks like it should be easily dupe-able, but I don't have anything like it in my collection. It's a rosy pink-red with a faint shimmer, which sounds completely average, but it's so wonderful. I find that with all the Rouge G's that I've bought. There is definitely something to the hype.

Anitacska

I've only ordered the blush because I'm scared it will sell out quickly, but we're going away on Saturday, so I don't want to risk not getting it. Hopefully the postman will be able to pop the package through the post box while we're away. I'll see if I can buy the Rouge Gs at the airport in the duty free and if not, I might order them while we're away. I'm less worried about the lipsticks than the blush.

YAY....what did you order?
smiles.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I've only ordered the blush because I'm scared it will sell out quickly, but we're going away on Saturday, so I don't want to risk not getting it. Hopefully the postman will be able to pop the package through the post box while we're away. I'll see if I can buy the Rouge Gs at the airport in the duty free and if not, I might order them while we're away. I'm less worried about the lipsticks than the blush.
Can't wait to hear/ read your thoughts! I think you're right that the blush will sell out faster than the lipsticks. Those collectable little palettes are just so adorable... I'm trying to resist the call of that blush, because I don't want to get into the habit of buying products I won't use very much, but at the same time, I'm tempted. I'm wearing my Blush G today and it really is just the loveliest shade...

MACina

Woohoo....awesome!

Yes, I can imagine this one to sell very fast
thud.gif

Cannot wait to hear your thoughts on it!

gracie90

I ordered mine too!! Thanks for the heads up :D