Height Difference

snowflakelashes

To put this in perspective I'm 6' tall. In general I am attracted to guys around my height (anywhere from 5'9" really...) and taller. I am super in awe of guys who are afew inches taller than me the wierd sensation of looking UP at someone once in a while makes my head spin in a way that I have no control over.

It just feels awkward looking down at guys much shorter than 5'9". That's a personal insecurity because from that angle I feel like people can see all my flaws. (double chin etc etc). Plus there is this awkward thing when they are short enough to be completely eye level with my boobs. I know thats superficial but... for me that feels awkward espe if you're trying to dance with someone. Guy resting his head against YOUR chest, is not quite the same as you resting your head against his. :-| one of the reasons i wish I wasn't quite so tall...

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflakelashes
To put this in perspective I'm 6' tall. In general I am attracted to guys around my height (anywhere from 5'9" really...) and taller. I am super in awe of guys who are afew inches taller than me the wierd sensation of looking UP at someone once in a while makes my head spin in a way that I have no control over.

It just feels awkward looking down at guys much shorter than 5'9". That's a personal insecurity because from that angle I feel like people can see all my flaws. (double chin etc etc). Plus there is this awkward thing when they are short enough to be completely eye level with my boobs. I know thats superficial but... for me that feels awkward espe if you're trying to dance with someone. Guy resting his head against YOUR chest, is not quite the same as you resting your head against his. :-| one of the reasons i wish I wasn't quite so tall...

I definitely know what you mean... I've been there! I remember in my freshman year of college I was seeing this guy, and when it was time for him to leave, he'd stand on the curb in the quad, and I'd stand below it, so that I didn't have to bend down to kiss him
th_LMAO.gif

PolyphonicLove

My beau is 5'10, he's an inch taller than me. I love tall guys; I would always go for guys in the 6 ft range, so imagine my surprise finding love in a man around my height. Truly outrageous.

revoltofagirl

I'm 5'3 and my fiance is 5'5. I love him being only slightly-taller than me! I tell him all the time that he's the perfect kissing height (and cuddling height and etc...)
smiles.gif
when I wear heels I'm either the same height as him or a little taller... it used to be awkward when I felt taller than him but I've gotten over it. I still try to find only 2-inch heels, though (which seems increasingly difficult! everything is 4in+!) grr. anyways. he's the shortest guy I've dated (the other were 5'7-6'...) but I feel safest with him. he's skinny but still strong and compact. lol. (the other guys I dated were more lanky and skinny. hah)

sassygirl224

I am 4'11", and hubby is 6'1. I love it though!
winks.gif
i can wear the highest heels ever and still be shorter than him. I feel so safe ans snug in his arms.

Sushi.

im about 5'0 and my boyfriend ryan is about 6'0.
greengrin.gif

I dont even notice us having a height difference, mainly because im shorter then most people outside of my family, not including my brother who is randomly 6'4" lol, the rest of my family is quite short like me. I always seem to have really tall friends as well. my 2 best girlfriends in highschool were both around 6'0" and my best guyfriends are over 6 foot.

tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie
We're both 5'9. I guess it's a good thing I can't walk in heels for more than an few hours lol

hehe this is totally me and my honey too, same height. We also have the exact same shoe size
tong.gif
, which sucks for me when I've got to take out the trash, I can't slip into his shoes to do it!! bummer...

But, I love to wear really high heels and tower over his arse. We met when I worked with him on occasion (he's a cop, so I loooved to put him in his place)...
cutey.gif

LatteGoodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylina
Well I'm 4'10" (I know) and the usual height for my bf's are about 6'2". I've even dated a 6'3". I like tall men that are manly that can pick you up and stuff, HOWEVER, recently I saw a guy who was only about 5'9"-5'10" (he says he's 5'11" but I doubt it), and I have to admit it was so nice being able to put my arms around his waist (me in heels still obviously!), around his neck and kiss without him literally bending half way down, haha.. I think I'm a convert now.

Haha, this is sort of like us: I'm 4'10.5" (yes, the half inch counts) and he's 6'0.5", so that makes a differential of 14 inches.

I love tall guys and he's the tallest I've been with. My ex was 5'9" (though he claimed he was 5'10", yeah right! lol) and my first boyfriend was 5'10". I like being able to wear 5 inch heels without worrying about being taller than my man... that and I like how he can pick me up like I'm nothing.
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty0411
I'm 5'1'' and my boyfriend is 5'8''.... he calls me his midget because I can never reach anything. hahaha...

Whenever we go out to dinner, my feet dangle esp. when we sit in those booths. Sometimes I need help getting out of his suv because it's so high. hahah

I like it though, sometimes I wish I was shorter, like 4'11'' or 5''. weird huh?! hahah

What??? You wish you were shorter?! Trust me, you don't. There are pros, but the cons are much more. I'd give anything to be 5'1" (the perfect height, I think.)
tong.gif

seonmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatteGoodness
I'd give anything to be 5'1" (the perfect height, I think.)
tong.gif

Haha, that's my height. Just curious, why do you think it's the perfect height? I mean, I don't complain about being short at all, but don't think it's perfect either
tong.gif

LatteGoodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by seonmi
Haha, that's my height. Just curious, why do you think it's the perfect height? I mean, I don't complain about being short at all, but don't think it's perfect either
tong.gif

It's perfect for me, I guess I should've said! People of my ethnicity tend to be around that height; I'm a little on the shorter side, so to be just average height would be perfect. That's why!
cutey.gif

fafinette21

I'm 5'6 or 5'7 and I think my bf is around 6'1. It's a good height difference because I can wear heels and he is still a bit taller than me. For me personally I could never date someone shorter than me, it's just not something I look for. I'm instantly turned off by shorter guys and if I see a tall guy anywhere I check them out instantly. I wish I was a bit taller. I'd like to be 5'8.

seonmi

I can't imagine how it would be if I dated a guy that is shorter than me. I don't think I'll ever be attracted to someone 5'1 (my height) or lower (maybe not even 5'1).

sweetbabyblue

I'm 4'9 and I pretty much have no trouble finding guys taller than me lol
My bf is 5'10 and i have to stand on tip toes and he has to bend down to kiss me haha. The only time we're the same height is when I'm standing on a step but it's no problem for us! (he says he wants a house with stairs so he can kiss me more easily lol)

widdershins

My ex is 6' 4" and I am 5' 4". So a difference of a foot
tong.gif
I felt like a little kid around him even though I was a year older.

fash10nista

I'm 5' and my hubby is 5'10"...When I stand in front of him in my bare feet, the top of my head hardly reaches his chin...When I wear heels (4' high), it's more proportionate...but I don't mind I'm a shorty and neither does he...And besides, I feel so feminine when I'm beside him!
blush-anim-cl.gif

chocolategoddes

I'm about 5'7" and I tend to go for guys 5'10 - 6'5". Height shouldn't be an issue but for some reason it is with me.
I guess I see myself as a bit of a "manly" chick. I'm not huge but I've got a bit of a muscular build so I like to feel small and girly in the arms of a big, tall, strong guy.

If I was into girls, I'd probably like a girl shorter and smaller than me.

miss_supra

I am 5'8'' and my boyfriend is 5'7''. I don't mind being a little taller. I have only dated one guy taller than me and I didn't like it.

dollbaby

My bf is 6'1 and I'm 5'2. I wear heels most of the time, so I don't have to stand on my tippy toes to kiss him!! haha
thmbup.gif