Hourglass Cosmetics

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I tried applying the powder with a fluffy puff today and I liked that much better than a brush application. They should make loose versions of all the shades. I'D DIE.
thud.gif

Knope2012

I tried applying the powder with a fluffy puff today and I liked that much better than a brush application. They should make loose versions of all the shades. I'D DIE.
thud.gif
That's an interesting idea. I have a fluffy puff from my chanel powder that I haven't used. Do you sort of dip a corner in the powder and brush it on that way? Loose powder version would be awesome! Something slightly sheerer with the same airbrushed look would make me buy everything. I'm especially in love with Dim

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
That's an interesting idea. I have a fluffy puff from my chanel powder that I haven't used. Do you sort of dip a corner in the powder and brush it on that way? Loose powder version would be awesome! Something slightly sheerer with the same airbrushed look would make me buy everything. I'm especially in love with Dim
Yes, I picked up some powder and then I brushed it on followed by patting it into the skin a little bit.
I'd like to get another shade as well, not sure which one though. Maybe Mood as a blush.

TheLadyDanger

I'm also trying out their Immaculate Powder foundation. I'm around NC30-35 and got samples for Light Beige and Sand. Anyone else close to my coloring who found a nice match?

Knope2012

Yes, I picked up some powder and then I brushed it on followed by patting it into the skin a little bit.
I'd like to get another shade as well, not sure which one though. Maybe Mood as a blush.
I'll try it that way, thanks! Mood is really interesting. I'm tempted to pick that one up later because I think it would be nice as long as it doesn't pull too cool on me

niccig

I'm also trying out their Immaculate Powder foundation. I'm around NC30-35 and got samples for Light Beige and Sand. Anyone else close to my coloring who found a nice match?
I'm NW25-30 (my skintone is close to neutral with just a bit of pink) and I wear Sand. It's a hair light for me right out of the bottle but it oxidizes just a tiiiiiny bit dark (but not orange). I think Tan might actually work for you.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone with really fair skin (NC/NW 10-15) has tried the Ambient Pallette? I am not sure if the colors are too dark for pale skin or if it is better to just look at the individual powders like Etheral or Dim?

If you do have pale skin, could you share how you use the colors in the palette?

Thanks for the info!
I'm about NC15 and I don't find any of the colours two dark. Dim Light adds a little bit of colour to my skin, but mostly just a slightly warmed champagne-like finish. Incandescent is a opal kind of glow. It definitely has some pink to it. Radiant Light is definitely warmer, it's a kind of tawny shade that would work as a soft bronzer or, if you're like me and don't care to bronze, it makes a lovely contour.

shades of blue

I'm about NC15 and I don't find any of the colours two dark. Dim Light adds a little bit of colour to my skin, but mostly just a slightly warmed champagne-like finish. Incandescent is a opal kind of glow. It definitely has some pink to it. Radiant Light is definitely warmer, it's a kind of tawny shade that would work as a soft bronzer or, if you're like me and don't care to bronze, it makes a lovely contour.
Thanks Katred! Your response is helpful. I appreciate it!!
flower.gif

TheLadyDanger

I'm NW25-30 (my skintone is close to neutral with just a bit of pink) and I wear Sand. It's a hair light for me right out of the bottle but it oxidizes just a tiiiiiny bit dark (but not orange). I think Tan might actually work for you.

Thank you niccig! I wound up getting samples for Light Beige and Sand. I wound up picking up Light Beige.
bigstar.gif

Audrey C

I'd have bought it at $35 with the F&F discount. I'm a sucker for brushes. I still might at the VIB sale, but I at least want to see it first.
So much for my convictions. I ordered the brush to go with the palette, and then added Luminous Light and Diffused Light. Now officially skipping the MAC Magnetic Nude collection...

katred

Specktra Bestie
So much for my convictions. I ordered the brush to go with the palette, and then added Luminous Light and Diffused Light. Now officially skipping the MAC Magnetic Nude collection...
It's amazing how things can just hop in your cart when you're not looking... Enjoy your goodies. I love these little powders like they were family.

Audrey C

It's amazing how things can just hop in your cart when you're not looking... Enjoy your goodies. I love these little powders like they were family.
I (obviously) think I will as well. This kind of powder is far kinder to my now mature skin than glitter and metallic finishes are. My goal is to NOT end up with all six of them, plus the palette.
nope.gif

Kaori

Are radiant and dim when being used as contour on pale skins, better than using light matte bronzer to contour?

MissTT

I'm not sure, Kaori. Radiant seems pretty shimmery.
hmm.gif
However, I've seen first hand a person highlight and contour with very shimmery colors for a beautiful result so it can be done.

Kaori

hmm.gif
However, I've seen first hand a person highlight and contour with very shimmery colors for a beautiful result so it can be done.
thanks, lol I think I would mess it up if I tried. Maybe I should just buy Dim light instead of a matte bronzer I was eyeing, would it look more natural? I'm NC15.

MissTT

I don't think Dim = bronzer. I think paler folks have been saying that Radiant can be used as a bronzer due to its warmth. Wait for those who bronze to chime in. I'm no expert in that department LOL.

charismafulltv

I did made a review of the Ambient Lighting Powder palette truly deserves an A+. I admired its flexibility. http://charismafull.tv/2013/10/30/hourglass-ambient-lighting-powder-palette-reviews-photos-w-swatches/

lyseD

hmm.gif

thanks, lol I think I would mess it up if I tried. Maybe I should just buy Dim light instead of a matte bronzer I was eyeing, would it look more natural? I'm NC15.
I'm NW20/C1 and I used Radiant as a contour but a very light contour, I still use my Harmony blush for a good contour.

Kaori

I'm NW20/C1 and I used Radiant as a contour but a very light contour, I still use my Harmony blush for a good contour.

Quote: Originally Posted by charismafulltv

I did made a review of the Ambient Lighting Powder palette truly deserves an A+. I admired its flexibility. http://charismafull.tv/2013/10/30/hourglass-ambient-lighting-powder-palette-reviews-photos-w-swatches/
Thanks!

Latest posts