Hourglass Cosmetics

MissTT

I wish Immaculate came in a shade suitable for me. The color closest to me is too pink/beige. The formula is awesome.

MUAddict

Try to get a sample of it along with the Mineral Veil primer. I have oily skin and the Immaculate in conjunction with the Mineral Veil primer has been the only combination to keep my oily skin at bay! Granted the coverage isn't full (more medium), I don't mind it at all for everyday wear (I always spot conceal with MAC Full Coverage anyway).

The trippy thing with the Immaculate foundation is how the finish dries to a powdery finish as if I have already set my face with powder. I still set my face with a translucent powder (Neutrogena's Shine Control) and I do not see oil surfacing until about the six hour mark or so!

I could get rid of my Chanel Mat Lumiere and Dior Airflash for this foundation..
eyelove.gif
Wow REALLY?! I will definitely try both. I'm very oily and I'm always looking for the perfect combination. Thanks so much!

novocainedreams

Looking for thoughts....I want to get my mom some higher end cosmetics for Christmas(she loves makeup but never splurges on herself, ever)...I was thinking of the Hourglass powders...do you think the LE palette would work well for someone mid-50's(but looks much younger tbh) mid-toned olive(Italian). Or should I go with just one of the single powders(like Dim)? Also getting her the LM eyeshadow palette and tarte liner set.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Looking for thoughts....I want to get my mom some higher end cosmetics for Christmas(she loves makeup but never splurges on herself, ever)...I was thinking of the Hourglass powders...do you think the LE palette would work well for someone mid-50's(but looks much younger tbh) mid-toned olive(Italian). Or should I go with just one of the single powders(like Dim)? Also getting her the LM eyeshadow palette and tarte liner set.
I think that these are ideal powders for mature skin, because they just never seem to look typically powdery. They don't stick in creases and they don't emphasize dryness. I think that the palette shades would look really nice and it would give her a chance to play around with colours a bit to get different effects.

And how awesome a daughter are you for thinking of getting that for your Mom!

novocainedreams

I think that these are ideal powders for mature skin, because they just never seem to look typically powdery. They don't stick in creases and they don't emphasize dryness. I think that the palette shades would look really nice and it would give her a chance to play around with colours a bit to get different effects.

And how awesome a daughter are you for thinking of getting that for your Mom!
Thank you for the advice! I went ahead and got the palette(and glad I did! It sold out!), along with a couple other things. :) I want to try to get her the "whole look" so I still want to find a nice blush(I am thinking Tarte's Blushing bride) and lipstick...not sure yet, she loves reds and darker colors. Thanks again for the tip!

Audrey C

My remaining Hourglass items arrived today. Some initial impressions:

Hourglass Ambient Brush: Definitely not a must have. Nice enough, I suppose, and it does sweep the product on nicely. Honestly, it's expensive for what it is and you may well have something else that works just as well. I'm keeping it, but I don't know that I'd recommend it. I got 20% off $41, but that still feels like too much. Save your money and buy another powder instead. Maybe it will grow on me more as I play with it, but right now I'm kinda meh about it.

Diffused LIght: I like this a lot. I expected Dim to be my first love, but I think it might be this one. If I'm not careful with Dim it deposits colour, although that may be because I was using my 187. This doesn't, it just softens the look of my skin. Not something you'd ever notice and pretty matte, but nice.

Luminous Light: The kind of subtle highlighter I really enjoy. I have mature skin and I don't want glitter or metallic sheen. Neither are flattering to enlarged pores or the fine lines I'm getting under my eyes. This is hard to describe, but applied full force with the side of the new brush it's like pure clear light on my skin. Built up I think it could be almost as bright and glowy as a metallic highlighter, but with a different finish (if that makes sense at all).

I now have the palette (LOVE Incandescent Light) and these two. I think I'll save Radiant Light for the summer; it will give a nice glow then.

My favourite basic powder is Nars Light Reflecting loose powder, but now I have all of these to play with. I don't think I'll need to buy powders for a very long time. Unfortunately I still need MAC Blotting Powder for my t-zone. None of these are anywhere close to up for that challenge.

Edit: Typos

novocainedreams

My remaining Hourglass items arrived today. Some initial impressions:

Hourglass Ambient Brush: Definitely not a must have. Nice enough, I suppose, and it does sweep the product on nicely. Honestly, it's expensive for what it is and you may well have something else that works just as well. I'm keeping it, but I don't know that I'd recommend it. I got 20% off $41, but that still feels like too much. Save your money and buy another powder instead. Maybe it will grow on me more as I play with it, but right now I'm kinda meh about it.

Diffused LIght: I like this a lot. I expected Dim to be my first love, but I think it might be this one. If I'm not careful with Dim it deposits colour, although that may be because I was using my 187. This doesn't, it just softens the look of my skin. Not something you'd ever notice and pretty matte, but nice.

Luminous Light: The kind of subtle highlighter I really enjoy. I have mature skin and I don't want glitter or metallic sheen. Neither are flattering to enlarged pores or the fine lines I'm getting under my eyes. This is hard to describe, but applied full force with the side of the new brush it's like pure clear light on my skin. Built up I think it could be almost as bright and blowy as a metallic highlighter, but with a different finish (if that makes sense at all).

I now have the palette (LOVE Incandescent Light) and these two. I think I'll save Radiant Light for the summer; it will give a nice glow then.

My favourite basic powder is Nars Light Reflecting loose powder, but now I have all of these to play with. I don't think I'll need to buy powders for a very long time. Unfortunately I still need MAC Blotting Powder for my t-zone. None of these are anywhere close to up for that challenge.
Thanks for this review! I also just picked up Diffused(in store) because I also felt like if I put too much on, Dim deposited some color, which I don't mind! but I also wanted something for all over more as a setting powder, glad to see I may have made the right choice. I love the palette though, definitely don't regret getting it. I may have to pick up Luminous too, I think that was the other one the SA recommended. And thanks for the info on the brush, I was going back and forth on it.

Knope2012

Thanks for this review! I also just picked up Diffused(in store) because I also felt like if I put too much on, Dim deposited some color, which I don't mind! but I also wanted something for all over more as a setting powder, glad to see I may have made the right choice. I love the palette though, definitely don't regret getting it. I may have to pick up Luminous too, I think that was the other one the SA recommended. And thanks for the info on the brush, I was going back and forth on it.
This is how I feel about Dim too. It's great as long as I use a very light hand. I have Diffused light coming to me on Monday, and I'm excited to try it. I think I'll pick up that Real Techniques brush that was mentioned in this thread

Audrey C

I tried the two powders I don't have in Sephora yesterday; I love Ethereal, although I half expected that to be too light on me. I didn't buy it because I'm only halfway through my NARS LRP and still have a bunch of Forever Marilyn BPs ahead of me. I'll probably pick it up when I finish the NARS loose powder. I didn't like Mood - it's just too pink on me, even lightly applied. I like 5 of the 6 - more than I expected to.

Knope2012

I tried the two powders I don't have in Sephora yesterday; I love Ethereal, although I half expected that to be too light on me. I didn't buy it because I'm only halfway through my NARS LRP and still have a bunch of Forever Marilyn BPs ahead of me. I'll probably pick it up when I finish the NARS loose powder. I didn't like Mood - it's just too pink on me, even lightly applied. I like 5 of the 6 - more than I expected to.
That's great about Ethereal! I think I'll pick it up before Christmas. I have a Forever Marilyn backup to finish up too, and I'm not even done with my first one. That's a shame about Mood. I think it would be more of a blush if I were to use it, and that's one expensive blush. I'm surprised by how much I love Incandescent. It really has something extra that my other highlighters don't have.

Audrey C

So much for good intentions. I just ordered Ethereal Light. Well, now that I've collected all but one of them, I think I'm safe. As long as they don't launch more.
eeksign.gif

Knope2012

So much for good intentions. I just ordered Ethereal Light. Well, now that I've collected all but one of them, I think I'm safe. As long as they don't launch more.
eeksign.gif
They're far too addictive. Now that I have Diffused, I can see that I will have to have all the ones that suit me. They're amazing.

Audrey C

They're far too addictive. Now that I have Diffused, I can see that I will have to have all the ones that suit me. They're amazing.
They are. Amazingly, the one I like the least is Dim; it's too dark to be a setting powder on me and too light to be anything else. My favourites so far are Diffused and Luminous. I like Incandescent, but not as much as Luminous. I like Radiant as well - it almost works as a subtle bronzer/blush on my cheeks (like a dialed back MAC Warm Soul). I could see me wearing that in the summer over tinted moisturizer for 'no makeup' days.

I'm kind of tempted to exchange the palette for a full-sized Radiant Light, but I didn't keep the palette box and I almost never return anything. It's not that the palette isn't nice, it's that I like the individual shades I selected better.

The brush has grown on me. It is good for applying the powder, and it works well for applying the more glowy shades as highlighter. I think it's overpriced, but it's effective.

Knope2012

They are. Amazingly, the one I like the least is Dim; it's too dark to be a setting powder on me and too light to be anything else. My favourites so far are Diffused and Luminous. I like Incandescent, but not as much as Luminous. I like Radiant as well - it almost works as a subtle bronzer/blush on my cheeks (like a dialed back MAC Warm Soul). I could see me wearing that in the summer over tinted moisturizer for 'no makeup' days.

I'm kind of tempted to exchange the palette for a full-sized Radiant Light, but I didn't keep the palette box and I almost never return anything. It's not that the palette isn't nice, it's that I like the individual shades I selected better.

The brush has grown on me. It is good for applying the powder, and it works well for applying the more glowy shades as highlighter. I think it's overpriced, but it's effective.
I think Diffused is my favorite now. I'll have to check out Luminous next month, though I may wait until January to buy anything else. I will need to consider the brush. My flat kabuki works okay but I could use something a little better for the highlighter shades

LdMD

I've heard great thing about Immaculate! I want to try that too especially bc of the reviews of it for oily skin.
Try to get a sample of it along with the Mineral Veil primer. I have oily skin and the Immaculate in conjunction with the Mineral Veil primer has been the only combination to keep my oily skin at bay! Granted the coverage isn't full (more medium), I don't mind it at all for everyday wear (I always spot conceal with MAC Full Coverage anyway).

The trippy thing with the Immaculate foundation is how the finish dries to a powdery finish as if I have already set my face with powder. I still set my face with a translucent powder (Neutrogena's Shine Control) and I do not see oil surfacing until about the six hour mark or so!

I could get rid of my Chanel Mat Lumiere and Dior Airflash for this foundation..
eyelove.gif
Thanks for sharing your experience @TheLadyDanger! I'm really intrigued to try this foundation, but I don't have a Sephora near me, so I'll have to wait for now. I bought "Kat Von D's Lock-It Tattoo Foundation" a few months ago, but It doesn't do nothing for my oily skin, although It has a good coverage, and It's long wearing. I want to finish a few foundations before I buy the Immaculate. Revlon ColorStay is one of them. It'll be a long wait.
001_unsure.gif

Do you have any thoughts on that foundations?

Audrey C

I tried Radiant Light yesteday - I really like it. I wore it as a subtle blush/bronzer with a faint dusting Dim as a setting powder. They'll be a great combo for the summer, I think. I think it's just as well that I have both of those shades in the palette, because I suspect I'll wear them the least and would never finish full-sized versions.

I so love these little powders.
love.gif