Hourglass Cosmetics

Audrey C

I've been wearing Radiant as blush for days now - love it! I received my Ethereal but I think I like NARS LIght Reflecting Powder better than that one.

For me:

Diffused>Luminous>Radiant>Incandescent>Dim>Ethereal<Mood

I have all but Mood, and I just didn't care for that one. Maybe I should have tried it as a blush, but I don't need it for that. Dim is a little too dark for me, but I'm sure I'll like it in the summer when my colour is deeper. I liked Ethereal more on my arm than I do on my face. I'm going to try it a couple more times before deciding. If I don't find a way to love it, I'lll exchange it for a backup Diffused.

Kaori

I've been wearing Radiant as blush for days now - love it! I received my Ethereal but I think I like NARS LIght Reflecting Powder better than that one.

For me:

Diffused>Luminous>Radiant>Incandescent>Dim>Ethereal<Mood

I have all but Mood, and I just didn't care for that one. Maybe I should have tried it as a blush, but I don't need it for that. Dim is a little too dark for me, but I'm sure I'll like it in the summer when my colour is deeper. I liked Ethereal more on my arm than I do on my face. I'm going to try it a couple more times before deciding. If I don't find a way to love it, I'lll exchange it for a backup Diffused.
Nice, now I have decided to get diffused and luminous xD I was really thinking about ethereal cos some said it give you the Liv Tyler from LOTR look, but if it's just similar as nars light reflecting powder, I shall just get that one instead since it blurs imperfections better.

Do you even need a backup of those? XD I read that people use it for year and barely make a dent in it

katred

Specktra Bestie
I tried Radiant Light yesteday - I really like it. I wore it as a subtle blush/bronzer with a faint dusting Dim as a setting powder. They'll be a great combo for the summer, I think. I think it's just as well that I have both of those shades in the palette, because I suspect I'll wear them the least and would never finish full-sized versions.

I so love these little powders.
love.gif
You inspired me to do the same. I wanted to add a little more colour to my face, which has been more papery than porcelain lately and these two make a great combo. Most times, Dim is a little dark to work as an all-over powder, but I love dusting it right down the centre of my face- give a bit more definition. These are definitely one of my products of the year. Since I got the palette, I'm only missing Ethereal. I've held off on that one since I had already purchased Bobbi Brown Porcelain Pearl when these came out and, in the end, I think that one seems a little more flexible for my purposes.

Audrey C

Nice, now I have decided to get diffused and luminous xD I was really thinking about ethereal cos some said it give you the Liv Tyler from LOTR look, but if it's just similar as nars light reflecting powder, I shall just get that one instead since it blurs imperfections better.

Do you even need a backup of those? XD I read that people use it for year and barely make a dent in it
I ended up exchanging my Ethereal for another Diffused. I'd gotten 20% off so I was happy with the price and I'm sure I'll go through it. I go through several powders a year, and I've been wearing Diffused as a daily setting powder.

stephybaby

I just ordered a couple of eye brushes from Sephora last night. For some reason, I've really been wanting to get hourglass brushes but its hard finding reviews for them. So I took a risk and ordered a couple. Does anyone use the brushes and what do you think of them?

katred

Specktra Bestie
I just ordered a couple of eye brushes from Sephora last night. For some reason, I've really been wanting to get hourglass brushes but its hard finding reviews for them. So I took a risk and ordered a couple. Does anyone use the brushes and what do you think of them?
I haven't taken the plunge and bought one yet, but they're probably the softest brushes I've ever felt in my life. Density seems good.

brittbby

Anybody else who got the palette hoping hourglass makes incandescent permanent!? I love it....it gives the best glow!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
They need to make it in a single! It's silly if they don't... More money for them to make =P
Agreed. I think that they've tested the waters enough to determine that there's a market now.

In "hello, my name is dumba$$" news, I dropped my AL palette yesterday. Radiant Light shattered, although I managed to save most of it. The palette won't be traveling with me, but I can still use all three shades. I picked it up and just thought "It couldn't have been Dim Light that shattered, the one I have in full size anyway?" No, it couldn't. Be careful of your powders, they are somewhat fragile. (And I am supremely clumsy.)

brittbby

Agreed. I think that they've tested the waters enough to determine that there's a market now.  In "hello, my name is dumba$$" news, I dropped my AL palette yesterday. Radiant Light shattered, although I managed to save most of it. The palette won't be traveling with me, but I can still use all three shades. I picked it up and just thought "It couldn't have been Dim Light that shattered, the one I have in full size anyway?" No, it couldn't. Be careful of your powders, they are somewhat fragile. (And I am supremely clumsy.)
Omg!!! Hi, my name is also clumsy! I dropped mine and broke radiant. For whatever reason, that's apparently the one that breaks. It only broke in half so the bottom is still intact, but I do have the full size of that. I was like ANYTHING besides incandescent!!!! So ya... Try to not be a clutz and drop ur palette guys!!

Knope2012

Agreed. I think that they've tested the waters enough to determine that there's a market now.

In "hello, my name is dumba$$" news, I dropped my AL palette yesterday. Radiant Light shattered, although I managed to save most of it. The palette won't be traveling with me, but I can still use all three shades. I picked it up and just thought "It couldn't have been Dim Light that shattered, the one I have in full size anyway?" No, it couldn't. Be careful of your powders, they are somewhat fragile. (And I am supremely clumsy.)

Quote: Originally Posted by brittbby

Omg!!! Hi, my name is also clumsy! I dropped mine and broke radiant. For whatever reason, that's apparently the one that breaks. It only broke in half so the bottom is still intact, but I do have the full size of that. I was like ANYTHING besides incandescent!!!! So ya... Try to not be a clutz and drop ur palette guys!!
Oh no! And now that I've read this, I'm bound to drop one of these at least once. My phone is constantly slipping out of my hand. I am glad I opted for a cheaper Android phone instead of another iPhone though. I dropped my iPhone once and it shattered, while I've dropped this one hundreds of times with no issues.

cocotears

I honestly can't see any difference when I use the lighting palette. I kind of regret purchasing it. Any tips on how to apply it or tools to use to see differences?

harlem_cutie

^^^ we are in the same boat. I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I've taken pics in every possible lighting and just don't see any difference unlike Nars Reflecting Powder which gives me that nice soft focus blur.

novocainedreams

I honestly can't see any difference when I use the lighting palette. I kind of regret purchasing it. Any tips on how to apply it or tools to use to see differences?
I didn't necessarily see a difference when I wore it the first time but I got so many compliments I figured it must be doing something. We don't always see a difference in ourselves because we look at our own faces every day all the time. All I do it buff or brush it over my face, depending on the color, I use diffused(not in the palette) as an all over face setting powder, and Incandescent on the high points as a highlighter. Radiant and Dim I use to warm my face up, on cheeks or temples. I'm very fair though, so it depends on your coloring, you may be able to use one of them as an all over setting powder.