Hourglass Cosmetics

Audrey C

I got my Ambient Palette today - love it!! I have a couple of other powders and the brush on its way to me - can't wait to get them.
pompom.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Are radiant and dim when being used as contour on pale skins, better than using light matte bronzer to contour?
I don't think that you could use Dim as a bronzer, even if you're very pale. It just doesn't have the brown/ caramel tones you need to get a sun-kissed effect. It can add warmth, but it won't make you look like you've been in the sun, if you see what I mean.

Audrey C

I don't think that you could use Dim as a bronzer, even if you're very pale. It just doesn't have the brown/ caramel tones you need to get a sun-kissed effect. It can add warmth, but it won't make you look like you've been in the sun, if you see what I mean.
I agree. I'm wearing Dim Light today as an all-over setting powder (although I used MAC blotting powder on my t-zone first). It's no bronzer, and I'm NC25.

Illuminated Light is a gorgeous subtle highlight; I think it will get a lot of use.

I wouldn't personally use Radiant as a bronzer; it's too glowy for that. I'm not a fan of sparkly bronzers; natural tans don't glisten.

Knope2012

I agree. I'm wearing Dim Light today as an all-over setting powder (although I used MAC blotting powder on my t-zone first). It's no bronzer, and I'm NC25.

Illuminated Light is a gorgeous subtle highlight; I think it will get a lot of use.

I wouldn't personally use Radiant as a bronzer; it's too glowy for that. I'm not a fan of sparkly bronzers; natural tans don't glisten.
May I ask which brush you're using to use it as a setting powder? I may try this with Dim tomorrow

Kaori

Thanks! I guess I will just pick diffused light then and normal bronzer for contouring =) Dim would be too dark as all-over.

Knope2012

I tried all three colors in the palette today. I used Dim all over, Incandescent as a highlight, and Radiant as a contour, and I really love the effect! I will need a better brush to work with these powders, but I love them. I especially love that they are subtle, so it's harder to mess up. I love these, and I can't wait to get Diffused on Thursday

citigirl321

Got the trio few days ago. After going through a trial of brushes with these powders, surprisingly I found the Real Techniques buffing brush to be good at applying Dim as a finishing powder. It's definitely worth trying- just be sure you're using a light hand. HTH.

Fancieland

I've been playing with the Ambient Lighting palette and other powders for a few days now at my local Sephora and I really like them! I'm actually considering hauling the palette plus a Luminous Light. I'm around NC50 and I think these powders work well for woc. Including Dim! It looks pale but it looks very natural swatched and not ashy. I'm actually considering grabbing a full sized of Dim too because I think it would make an excellent everyday powder as I don't wear much makeup. Incandescent is beautiful! It's very shimmery but not over the top. It would make a glorious highlight! Radiant is beautiful as well. I feel like it's a go to for woc. It has shimmer but I didn't find it as shimmery as Incandescent. Radiant can be used as a subtle highlight (or dramatic if built posdibly) or even an all over powder to add warmth with a light hand. Luminous is perhaps my favorite! It's very similar to Incandescent but the glow is more apparent and I think it's a little warmer. I fell in love with just the swatch. I can't imagine how beautiful it'll look on the cheeks! I hope this helps those on the fence

IHughes

I got the ambient palette yesterday and I'm absolutely loving it!! It's so subtle and yet so noticeable at the same time. I mean you can't really go wrong and overboard and it's really subtle but at the same time I can tell the softening effect and I'm really surprised with Radiant light as it's perfect as a bronzer for me, very beautiful.

Audrey C

I really like the palette, but I do think those of us with even light-medium skin tones need to use a light hand. I like Dim but I find that it looks best on a foundation that's a titch light since it does add a bit of colour to me. I often add a bit of Studio Moisture Tint (Medium) to my Clinique Redness Solutions Foundation (03) to warm it up just a bit and also sheer it out. I find that Dim looks best when I wear it just over the Clinique foundation which is a bit lighter (still losing the last remnants of my summer tan). It warms up the colour just a bit just as the mixed foundation does.

Incadescent is a gorgeous highlighter. I haven't used Radiant light; I think that will be better for me in the summer when my skin tone deepens a bit.

tirurit

I got the ambient palette yesterday and I'm absolutely loving it!! It's so subtle and yet so noticeable at the same time. I mean you can't really go wrong and overboard and it's really subtle but at the same time I can tell the softening effect and I'm really surprised with Radiant light as it's perfect as a bronzer for me, very beautiful. 
congrats!!! How did you get it?

IHughes

congrats!!! How did you get it?
I got it online in Space NK (UK) and had it sent to my brother who lives in the UK. My parents went to visit my brother so they brought the palette back and I tried it out today! I haven't tried the primer yet but I'll test it out this week.

MUAddict

I GAVE IN!! I've heard nothing but good things about this and I had to have it! ESPECIALLY because it comes with a LE shade *covers eyes*

Odelia

I'm holding out for the VIB sale before I get tempted to get the ambient palette. It's been tough!
I got samples for Hourglass foundations/tinted moisturizer and I might just splurge on Immaculate.
Shell seemed like a good match for me and I liked the finish.

MUAddict

I've heard great thing about Immaculate! I want to try that too especially bc of the reviews of it for oily skin.

TheLadyDanger

I've heard great thing about Immaculate! I want to try that too especially bc of the reviews of it for oily skin.
Try to get a sample of it along with the Mineral Veil primer. I have oily skin and the Immaculate in conjunction with the Mineral Veil primer has been the only combination to keep my oily skin at bay! Granted the coverage isn't full (more medium), I don't mind it at all for everyday wear (I always spot conceal with MAC Full Coverage anyway).

The trippy thing with the Immaculate foundation is how the finish dries to a powdery finish as if I have already set my face with powder. I still set my face with a translucent powder (Neutrogena's Shine Control) and I do not see oil surfacing until about the six hour mark or so!

I could get rid of my Chanel Mat Lumiere and Dior Airflash for this foundation..
eyelove.gif

Latest posts