Hourglass Cosmetics

califabulous

I tried the radiant bronzer but...it just didn't work for me. For me it is like the ambient powders...adds a subtle hint of something- in this case sparkle. Not sure this is worth it. I thought it would be a soft golden bronze color that would melt into the skin and make me look sun kissed! It's not really noticeable that way but it feels good- luxurious. It will be great for a lighter skin color. I'll just stick with the 8 other bronzey face products I already have! :haha:

ILoveMakeup84

After seeing swatches of these bronzers I am going to skip them. They look way too warm :/ I think I am getting the LM Ritual instead :)

Monsy

Luminous bronzer
37768f33_IMG_20150421_211142.jpeg

sullenxriot182

I caved and bought Luminous. I was on vacation in Florida and ended up in Sephora lmao my makeup addiction is truly bad. But I had to use my 15% off before it expired! hahaha I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but it was beautiful when I swatched it.

Antigone

Currently deciding between Ambient Powder in Ethereal Light or Diffused Light.

What do you think?

This is me:

I'm wearing Hourglass in Ethereal in that picture, plus the eyebrow pencil in blonde (it was the only shade with tester left).

Does the blonde look weird against my dark hair? I find if I use darker pencil my face looks very strong?

Thanks!

shellygrrl

Staff member
I think your brows look fab! I understand the concern about wanting to fill them in while not wanting them to take over your face. (I have pale skin with dark brows.) Do you like the look of Ethereal Light on yourself?

Antigone

Do you like the look of Ethereal Light on yourself?
Thank you! I keep reading about matching the hair to the brow colour, however, my eyebrows are thick. If I fill them in using dark pencil, I get a really strong look.

Actually, I don't notice the difference between Diffused and Ethereal. I mean in a pan, sure, Diffused is yellow, but swatched and in my face, they kinda look alike.

JustKim

Does anyone else have the Ambient Lighting Palette and find that Dim Light and Radiant Light look EXTREMELY identical? When I see other people's swatches or pictures of the palette, I can see the difference and it is quite clear which is which. On my palette however they pretty much look exactly the same and I'm wondering if I got a bad palette or something.

beauteblogueur

Does anyone else have the Ambient Lighting Palette and find that Dim Light and Radiant Light look EXTREMELY identical? When I see other people's swatches or pictures of the palette, I can see the difference and it is quite clear which is which. On my palette however they pretty much look exactly the same and I'm wondering if I got a bad palette or something.
Mine look extremely different in the pan and on the skin, Dim Light looks almost grey-ish in comparison to the orange-ish Radiant Light, and the finish is different enough too. You should be able to tell them apart just by glancing at them. It sounds like you might have gotten a palette with two of one of those shades.

cupcake28

Hey! They don't do anything for me either. I tried to get into them since I really like the brand, but they have some catching up to do as far as color diversity is concerned. None of the bronzers or ambient powders are cute on me- at all! I don't know how these YT's darker than me are praising this stuff.
th_dunno.gif
What bronzers do you use? The only things I've found that I like so far are MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish in Dark Deep and I just got a sample of the Armani Fluid Sheer in 14 or 17, can't remember which one. The Armani gives the face an all over luminous glow, which I think will look pretty.

cupcake28

Ooo, that looks really pretty. I just swatched the Fluid Sheer today and it looked really nice so I got a sample. I'll have to see which one I like better. Thanks!