Hourglass Cosmetics

stormborn

Thanks ladies! I think I agree with both of you here. I went to Sephora today to check it out in person. It's a beautiful palette, that's for sure. However, I think I will get more use out of the three pan palette instead. The strobing shade is super sparkly, as is the bronzer. Even Diffused light has more glitter than I thought it would, which disappointed me because I wanted to use it under my eyes. I have several highlighters like that, as well as Meteorites, so I was really looking for something with more of a sheen as opposed to glitter. I'm so glad I was able to swatch it in person before ordering - I think I'll have an easier time skipping this one and just going straight for the powder palette instead. As for the blush, I'm really liking Mood Exposure but I'm not set on it yet. I only have a few blushes to be honest! One by Too Faced, a couple Sephora brand, and of course Nars Orgasm. Are these Hourglass blushes the creme de la creme or is there another brand I should be aware of?

Twinkle_Twinkle

As for the blush, I'm really liking Mood Exposure but I'm not set on it yet. I only have a few blushes to be honest! One by Too Faced, a couple Sephora brand, and of course Nars Orgasm. Are these Hourglass blushes the creme de la creme or is there another brand I should be aware of?
I don't know much about Hourglass blushes to be honest. I had Mood Exposure but returned it. I didn't really think they were anything special. Maybe other people have different feelings. My favorite blushes are NARS for sure. Tarte has good blushes as does CARGO (so underrated).

stephshopaholic

Thanks ladies! I think I agree with both of you here. I went to Sephora today to check it out in person. It's a beautiful palette, that's for sure. However, I think I will get more use out of the three pan palette instead. The strobing shade is super sparkly, as is the bronzer. Even Diffused light has more glitter than I thought it would, which disappointed me because I wanted to use it under my eyes. I have several highlighters like that, as well as Meteorites, so I was really looking for something with more of a sheen as opposed to glitter. I'm so glad I was able to swatch it in person before ordering - I think I'll have an easier time skipping this one and just going straight for the powder palette instead. As for the blush, I'm really liking Mood Exposure but I'm not set on it yet. I only have a few blushes to be honest! One by Too Faced, a couple Sephora brand, and of course Nars Orgasm. Are these Hourglass blushes the creme de la creme or is there another brand I should be aware of?
The new urban decay blushes are really good I love rapture.

Shars

I don't know much about Hourglass blushes to be honest. I had Mood Exposure but returned it. I didn't really think they were anything special. Maybe other people have different feelings. My favorite blushes are NARS for sure. Tarte has good blushes as does CARGO (so underrated).
They are so underrated! I'm so surprised they don't get more airplay. That Laguna blush is just made of unicorn tears and flour!
ETA: How could I forget Key Largo as well!
Quote: Originally Posted by stephshopaholic

The new urban decay blushes are really good I love rapture.
I quite like the old ones as well that came in the face palettes. I only have Bittersweet in the new formula but love it as well!

Haviggi

Well my ambient light palette ( not the edit) came yesterday along with Incadescent Electra blush and all I have to say is that I'm so happy I didn't pic this seasn's Holiday palette offering! The pans even in the original Ambient lighting palette are precisely the size of my powder brush! I can't even imagine how inconveniently small might be the ones in the edit palette!

Twinkle_Twinkle

That's what I'm thinking of doing as well!
They are so underrated! I'm so surprised they don't get more airplay. That Laguna blush is just made of unicorn tears and flour!
I quite like the old ones as well that came in the face palettes. I only have Bittersweet in the new formula but love it as well!
Yas! Laguna! I never purchased Key Largo but it looks gorgeous.

Sabrunka

I sent Hourglass an angry email about the size of their palette about a week ago (maybe it's been even longer) and they haven't responded. I'm sure I'm not the only who was angry and sent an email. The least they could do is respond and say sorry as it's such an embarrassment to their company to take advantage of customers like that.

MaryJane

I sent Hourglass an angry email about the size of their palette about a week ago (maybe it's been even longer) and they haven't responded.  I'm sure I'm not the only who was angry and sent an email.  The least they could do is respond and say sorry as it's such an embarrassment to their company to take advantage of customers like that.
I'm not really sure what you expect them to apologize for.Clearly, this palette is not going to be a good value for most people but it's not as though Hourglass was being deceitful about how much product is in the palette. From what I could tell, the amount of product is displayed on the Sephora site so if someone was interested they could compare it to the other Hourglass blushes and powders. At the end of the day, Hourglass is a business that wants to make $$$. It's too bad that in the case of this palette, they couldn't do better by their customers.

Prettypackages

That's what I'm thinking of doing as well!
I googled Laguna, that sucker is pretty.

beauteblogueur

As for the blush, I'm really liking Mood Exposure but I'm not set on it yet. I only have a few blushes to be honest! One by Too Faced, a couple Sephora brand, and of course Nars Orgasm. Are these Hourglass blushes the creme de la creme or is there another brand I should be aware of?
I love Illamasqua blushes, both the creams and powders. NARS has a ton of great colours. On the pricier side Tom Ford's regular blushes are amazing and Edward Bess and Burberry are excellent too.

TBH I haven't been particularly impressed with Hourglass's blushes, despite absolutely adoring the powders. Ethereal Glow is good for when I'm in a rush and don't want to accidentally end up with clown cheeks, but otherwise I think they're pretty underwhelming for the price.

Twinkle_Twinkle

It is!

You and @Twinkle_Twinkle need to check Key Largo too. Don't pay full price though! You can always find them various places online at a discount or almost half off!
I slashed over half of my CARGO blush collection this year so I don't know if I'll be adding to it anytime soon, but I'll put in on my Ulta wish list for safe keeping :)
I also think Dermstore carries CARGO and they have a lot of sales.

Shars

I slashed over half of my CARGO blush collection this year so I don't know if I'll be adding to it anytime soon, but I'll put in on my Ulta wish list for safe keeping :)
I also think Dermstore carries CARGO and they have a lot of sales.
Wow! What did you get rid of? I see them on 6pm.com and zappos.com a lot, as well as allcosmeticswholesale.com.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Wow! What did you get rid of? I see them on 6pm.com and zappos.com a lot, as well as allcosmeticswholesale.com.
I couldn't even tell you. All of the Beach Bronzers (with so many other pretty highlighters I never reached for them), shades with sparkle and such and soft iridescent shades they aren't as flattering as iridescent highlighting powders. I kept the good stuff though: Laguna, Rome, Topeka, Siena and both the original and waterproof bronzers.

Shars

I couldn't even tell you. All of the Beach Bronzers (with so many other pretty highlighters I never reached for them), shades with sparkle and such and soft iridescent shades they aren't as flattering as iridescent highlighting powders. I kept the good stuff though: Laguna, Rome, Topeka, Siena and both the original and waterproof bronzers.
Oooh how do you like the waterproof bronzers. I keep looking at them but never see swatches on WOC so I don't know if they'd work on me.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Oooh how do you like the waterproof bronzers. I keep looking at them but never see swatches on WOC so I don't know if they'd work on me.
It's really pretty and surprisingly I don't have a shade like it in my collection. I did a major purge recently so I went through my collection to compare with with other bronze shimmer shades and it stood out so it's a keeper.

Shars

It's really pretty and surprisingly I don't have a shade like it in my collection. I did a major purge recently so I went through my collection to compare with with other bronze shimmer shades and it stood out so it's a keeper.
Nice! Will have to look into swatching that some time to see if I NEED it lol.

katred

Specktra Bestie
So there's a tinted version of the Hourglass lip treatment oil coming out. It's named "Icon", after their signature red. I haven't checked out the original yet, because my heart (and lips) belong to Nuxe, but I figured I'd spread the word. http://www.beautyprofessor.net/2015/09/new-hourglass-alert-n28-lip-treatment.html

SassyWonder

I bought the Ambient light edit palette and i love it. I didn't own any of the shades prior. The pans may be smaller but i have no problem with my brushes fitting. I see the value the palette. I dont want anyone who bought it and likes it to second guess themselves. It all boils down ro preference.

Latest posts